Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rocknation 07-17-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1189184)
I'm still waiting for anything regarding Richie to be moved to the other bands section. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1189188)
It does seem kind of appropriate by now, doesn't it? I mean, neither Richie nor Orianthi are members of Bon Jovi and that's who's recording with Richie these days...

I would hope that we would be allowed to put that to a vote. And my vote would be absolutely not because Al, Dave, Jon, Richie, and Tico are forever the foundation of everything that Bon Jovi has been built upon -- present Web site included. None of them should ever lose their citizenship in their own fan community.

Becky 07-17-2015 01:33 PM

As far as people posting what/where, there's been a protest among people about posting HERE because of the ads, but now that there's actually something worth talking about--the single--people are actively posting. If you notice HERE, when new threads are started, they are still getting many views, even if they don't get a lot of comments. (FAR more views than elsewhere.) There are also still a lot of people online here, even if they aren't commenting on anything. Also, in regards to people posting elsewhere, people have expressed confusion about "Do I post here or there or both places?" so both places have been pretty dead as far as comments go lately. The Nikki Lund investigation happened before the ad controversy here so you really can't compare the reaction to it to anything that's happened since all the complaints about the ads.

DevilsSon 07-17-2015 03:25 PM

This tope should be a PERMANENT sticky. If people come back in 10 years, they should see this topic straight away. It's a really silly idea to unstick it in my opinion....and there's no reason to do so either!

nikos greece 07-17-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1189327)
This tope should be a PERMANENT sticky. If people come back in 10 years, they should see this topic straight away. It's a really silly idea to unstick it in my opinion....and there's no reason to do so either!

agree. i can make peace with richie leaving...but richie not included in the band section is a NO, while a solo project from bobby for example...

Supersonic 07-17-2015 05:29 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1189327)

Don't be daft, what's the point of something being a sticky when it's sole reason was to announce something? By now everyone knows, so no need for it to be a sticky anymore either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JackieBlue 07-17-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1189310)
As far as people posting what/where, there's been a protest among people about posting HERE because of the ads, but now that there's actually something worth talking about--the single--people are actively posting. If you notice HERE, when new threads are started, they are still getting many views, even if they don't get a lot of comments. (FAR more views than elsewhere.) There are also still a lot of people online here, even if they aren't commenting on anything. Also, in regards to people posting elsewhere, people have expressed confusion about "Do I post here or there or both places?" so both places have been pretty dead as far as comments go lately. The Nikki Lund investigation happened before the ad controversy here so you really can't compare the reaction to it to anything that's happened since all the complaints about the ads.

Wow! I'm not sure what I said to set that off. I specifically said that it was Topix I was referring to about the lack of interest in band discussions AND the contrasting interest they showed in Richie, all the while complaining that discussions about Richie no longer have any place in a "Bon Jovi" forum.

It may have been an unfortunate comparison to use, but all I was doing was teasing about your agreement with the idea that all things Richie should be moved to the "other bands" forum. I mean, it's not like you've made a secret of your desire to see the band leave him in the dust to go forth and conquer. Seriously, it was just a joke and I certainly never meant to imply that the people who post here were like some of those who sometimes post on Topix, in any way other than their thinking that discussions about Richie should be moved out of Holy Ground. Sheesh!

Sorry if I offended.

Becky 07-17-2015 11:00 PM

Somehow I thought you meant the alternate board--which is also pretty dead.

I don't even know what Topix is as far as the internet goes. I thought that was a women's clothing store in the northeast.

Sorry for the confusion.

DevilsSon 07-17-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1189355)
Aloha !

Don't be daft, what's the point of something being a sticky when it's sole reason was to announce something? By now everyone knows, so no need for it to be a sticky anymore either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Because the topic is so good. There's so much awesome stuff in it, people should remember that all this stuff was discussed. It's not about the news factor, but about the importance of it in the band's life. Like we all woke up one day and then this happened and then we debated it for 2 years. If that doesn't deserve a sticky then I don't have a ****in' clue what does. Surely it's more important than some other stickies in the General Blow Job forum....

rolo_tomachi 07-17-2015 11:08 PM

Richie stays within, dammit Becky.

JackieBlue 07-18-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1189390)
Somehow I thought you meant the alternate board--which is also pretty dead.

I don't even know what Topix is as far as the internet goes. I thought that was a women's clothing store in the northeast.

Sorry for the confusion.

All good.. I just wanted to make sure you knew I meant no harm. :)