Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

LeaJovi 05-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1127982)
Phil looks really enthusiastic about playing with bon jovi...
http://youtu.be/nsBZRVTcsf0

He said "So let's rock n roll soon.." as in "I'm not rock n rolling right now with BJ"

Please elaborate

efiste2 05-09-2013 05:40 PM

If I was "off work" for personal reasons and I put pictures up on FB or Twitter of me enjoying myself I would be disciplined.......I think its taking the PISS a little bit here, hundreds of thousands of fans are gutted that he isnt on tour with the band, yet here he is posting nice family pics on twitter....or it really does quantify the fact that his PERSONAL ISSUES are about his daughter....

Jovimimi 05-09-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1128041)
He said "So let's rock n roll soon.." as in "I'm not rock n rolling right now with BJ"

Please elaborate

meaning he is for the money not for the music (he is talking to HIS FANS)
to x and his fans bj music is better to not be qualified of any name unless your ears will bleed

jbjhand 05-09-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDJovi (Post 1128038)
Could not agree more. If you want privacy then have it. But all this does is wind people up even more. If he needs to spend time with his daughter then fine. Just say it, no one would think anything less of him.

Totally agree. I do think less of him for sending out tweets like that in the middle of the tour though. If he wants his privacy he is entitled to it but he not entitled to have it both ways.

A lot of people, myself included, would not have paid as much for a ticket had his absence been advertised. Something personal comes up which keeps him away from the tour and most of us accept his right to privacy and his implicit request for it.

I find it difficult to respect him when he starts tweeting photos of his personal life whilst being absent from the tour, which he is missing for...personal reasons.

Decide which way you want it to be Richie, but I cant respect you when you behave hypocritically.

Supersonic 05-09-2013 05:50 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1128046)
meaning he is for the money not for the music (he is talking to HIS FANS)
to x and his fans bj music is better to not be qualified of any name unless your ears will bleed

Exaggerating much? Phil X is no Richie Sambora but he's no Bobby either. And I doubt anyone not a guitarist is actually hearing the difference between Richie and Phil, especially nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Beaky 05-09-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1128048)
Totally agree. I do think less of him for sending out tweets like that in the middle of the tour though. If he wants his privacy he is entitled to it but he not entitled to have it both ways.

A lot of people, myself included, would not have paid as much for a ticket had his absence been advertised. Something personal comes up which keeps him away from the tour and most of us accept his right to privacy and his implicit request for it.

I find it difficult to respect him when he starts tweeting photos of his personal life whilst being absent from the tour, which he is missing for...personal reasons.

Decide which way you want it to be Richie, but I cant respect you when you behave hypocritically.

That. 100%

Sambo-Chris 05-09-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1128049)
Aloha !

Exaggerating much? Phil X is no Richie Sambora but he's no Bobby either. And I doubt anyone not a guitarist is actually hearing the difference between Richie and Phil, especially nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

my friends who were in vegas heard the difference very well.

bjcrazycpa 05-09-2013 06:11 PM

I don't understand at all why Phil X would be the target of any nasty remarks. The dude was asked to step in as a lead guitarist. He's doing his job and to my ears fairly well. So, he doesn't like or listen to Bon Jovi on a regular basis. I don't think liking Bon Jovi music is a requirement otherwise they'd have no crew as most of them aren't fans of the music either. It's a job for them just as it is for Phil X.

Supersonic 05-09-2013 06:18 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1128052)
I don't understand at all why Phil X would be the target of any nasty remarks. The dude was asked to step in as a lead guitarist. He's doing his job and to my ears fairly well. So, he doesn't like or listen to Bon Jovi on a regular basis. I don't think liking Bon Jovi music is a requirement otherwise they'd have no crew as most of them aren't fans of the music either. It's a job for them just as it is for Phil X.

Yeah, but most fans aren't rational thinkers. They still like to believe that the band hangs out before and after the show, showers together, sleep in the same hotel room and are having a few minutes of silence before and after the show to pay respect to the best friend they're missing now. Bon Jovi are a business now more than ever, and although I disagree with them going on with the tour it didn't come unexpected. I'm not angry, just disappointed really, but I've moved on rather quickly. If fans would stop living in the past and face what the band has become nowadays I'd say it'd be a lot easier to just face reality.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Beaky 05-09-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1128052)

Spot on. I think the guy seems nice, I admire him. Plus, I think the latest album is a steaming turd... would I stand next to Jon and play songs from it in front of 60,000 people for a nice, fat pay packet and a chance to travel the world... or would I allow my principles to take control?

Show me the four chords for WAN, pass the pen and where do I sign?