Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

PatriciaSambora 07-29-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1148557)
None knows what's going at the backstage of this whole matter. Indeed this is a childish behavior. I respect both Jon & Richie as their music and I thank them for their music but this whole joke has to stop. The only people who are capable to bring Richie back into music & remind him who is he is not his die-hards, its the 'healthy' Bon Jovi fans who love Bon Jovi as a band for what they are and even more, it's Tico, David, Jon & Hugh. Only these 4 people can bring him back to the reality. He likes fashion okay, i respect that too but her partner has nothing to do with music.

Agree with you..

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148560)
SO many assumptions. Everyone's looking to shift blame all over the shop.

We DON'T know that Nikki has ANY influence over Richie's decisions.

We DON'T know why Jon and Richie aren't together.

All this crap about "he's let the fans down" with this song and "he doesn't have a solo career" is utter nonsense. If you feel he let you down on the tour, I can see that, but let the guy make whatever music he wants to make. If it's good, we'll like it, buy it and everyone's happy. If it's not, he'll do something else and try again. Christ, it's music. It's creative. It's expression. As a musician, there's nothing worse than churning out the same-sounding shit year after year, let alone decades. Can you imagine how it must feel to keep hearing "Stranger was the best thing you've done...make another Stranger".

I'd rather have a crap RS record, or a crap JBJ record, or BJ record, than 90% of the other shit that's out there.

What we DO know, though, is that this Nikki person should just stay the **** away from Bon Jovi. Instead, she just seems to be all over the place. And that's a fact. And obviously Richie allowed her and acknowledges her in that regard. I still think that's wrong. The more shit gets stirred, the more she has to gain from this, and that's simply a fact. I've never really liked her to begin with, but it was just my guts talking, so I kept my mouth shut. Since she started roaming her hands where she just doesn't belong, I think we can positively say she's no good. And I don't really care if she's hot or not.

Javier 07-29-2013 03:01 PM

It's a celebrity cliche! Richie has surrounded himself with plenty of "Yes" men. He basically has his own entourage I guess with those fashion guru's, and that would be great for him if they didn't intervene with his music. But, they're all over that aspect of his career too. Meh, I really shouldn't give a flying **** about this anymore, when Tico, Hugh and Phil make a collaboration and do a show playing kick ass 70's and 80's rock songs then you have my undivided attention....

Lindy 07-29-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

All this crap about "he's let the fans down" with this song and "he doesn't have a solo career" is utter nonsense. If you feel he let you down on the tour, I can see that, but let the guy make whatever music he wants to make. If it's good, we'll like it, buy it and everyone's happy. If it's not, he'll do something else and try again. Christ, it's music. It's creative. It's expression. As a musician, there's nothing worse than churning out the same-sounding shit year after year, let alone decades. Can you imagine how it must feel to keep hearing "Stranger was the best thing you've done...make another Stranger".

I'd rather have a crap RS record, or a crap JBJ record, or BJ record, than 90% of the other shit that's out there.

I totally agree with everything you said....

ben 07-29-2013 03:06 PM

MJ once was singing this..

Speechless speechless, that's how you make me feel... Richie!

now.. what can I say about this song? I was listening to it last night and really tried hard to like it but.. nothing! anyway that's a matter of taste we can't all agree on this. plus I don't care when he wrote it, for the Circle or if it couldn't make it on Aftermath. I say that this is the song he chose to share with us now and the band's first response is adding new dates on tour. ok!
but.. what about the song itself? to me this is a huge disappointment, it's not a Richie sound at all. not our familiar rock Sambora sound. it's like you listen to a boy band imho.
ok I'd prefer Richie to announce the release of the song but I cannot blame Nikki cause, as already being mentioned here, we do NOT know why she did and what her part is in this or Richie's life in general, so I'd suggest we'd better calm down on this.. after all, patience is a virtue :-) we're gonna find out sooner or later maybe. though I have to admit that she must stay out of this!
I think it's time for Richie to think like seriously about some things, his legacy let's say. if he wants to remain in our hearts as a great musician and a great rock songwritter or if he kinda changes and being more pop let's say. I think there are some serious issues he'll have to sort out sooner or later, and of course announce them
the same goes for the band, they have to make an official statement. we have to know, thay have to make this clear.

PatriciaSambora 07-29-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148563)
What we DO know, though, is that this Nikki person should just stay the **** away from Bon Jovi. Instead, she just seems to be all over the place. And that's a fact. And obviously Richie allowed her and acknowledges her in that regard. I still think that's wrong. The more shit gets stirred, the more she has to gain from this, and that's simply a fact. I've never really liked her to begin with, but it was just my guts talking, so I kept my mouth shut. Since she started roaming her hands where she just doesn't belong, I think we can positively say she's no good. And I don't really care if she's hot or not.

100% agree .. I never liked that person and now i can say it more convinced.. What the fck what she was doing yesterday retweeting all the Richie's fans with his video songs and then posting his new song before he could do it in his twitter? It makes me mad that she tries to be in Richie's music.. Someone should tweet her and say she better stay away from Richie & Bon Jovi music!

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148563)

Sorry Jessy, disagree. The basis for wanting her away from the band/richie, is based SOLELY on the fact she's perceived to be a negative influence. We don't know ANYTHING about her influencing Richie one way or another.
For all we know, she leaked Come Back As Me to show Richie how much the fans hate it! LOL. It's ludicrous, but only as ludicrous as the concept of her pulling all the strings behind the scenes.

And for me, I don't understand why people are on her case for helping us hear music we haven't before. As you said, Richie didn't tweet the link. She just had a little undiscovered something. If anything she should be thanked for getting it out there, no matter how much people don't like it.

A lot of negative energy, not necessarily focused in the right direction, it seems...

CKatz 07-29-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Finally someone who still has both feet on the ground. It's not difficult to see that Bon Jovi fans are acting more ridiculous than the band..and that says a lot right now. :)
"Yoko Lund"? Right back to making assumptions. Wow, what a bunch of drama queens.
I wouldn't be surprised if Richie (or someone close to him) reads these boards. If he does I doubt he'd want to return to the band after reading some of the shit on here and elsewhere. People aren't exactly making winning arguments that would persuade him to come back, if anything it would push him even more away.

Gabriel Shoes 07-29-2013 03:22 PM

Guys, some of you posting here on this thread are just insane.

Even if Richie loves Bon Jovi, even if Richie loves playing those songs, touring, etcetera it's still just a job! There's OTHER THINGS IN LIFE FOR HIM THAN SERVING YOU ALL.

Keep that in mind before bashing Richie or even that (hot) girl Nikki.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1148571)
Guys, some of you posting here on this thread are just insane.

Even if Richie loves Bon Jovi, even if Richie loves playing those songs, touring, etcetera it's still just a job! There's OTHER THINGS IN LIFE FOR HIM THAN SERVING YOU ALL.

Keep that in mind before bashing Richie or even that (hot) girl Nikki.

Just like CKatz, you are spot on, my friend :)