Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

IML88 08-21-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1150670)
They just need a good 4 year break. I always said - even though i love WAN and went to see them at Hyde Park - that this album and tour was too soon after the Circle - which was too soon after Lost Highway.

Simple as that. Everyone in the band knew it except for Jon (hell, he probably knew it too but $$ signs blurred his vision). Richie was the only one to not stand for it. He went along with it until he just couldn't hold his interest anymore and left.

I have no doubt whatsoever that once they take an extended break and have time to reset he'll be back.

DevilsSon 08-21-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1150649)
Richie Tweeted:

Low country blues by Gregg Allman.... The best ever... So amazing.. God bless you and your brother...

The man knows what he's talking about :D

golittleperson 08-21-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMG8181 (Post 1150672)
Looks like Richie will be busy with other shit than Music in Aug/Sept.

http://www.nikkirichclothing.com/

I had already posted this but was not dedicated enough to put the link, so TY. Since people don't seem to think this is "official" , as not from the band but it def. tell us what Mr. Sambo is doing. Also was a pic on fb this am from the chandelier in Las Vegas with someone else in fashion. Guess he is in Vegas for the moment. Think we have lost our axe man. He may have tweeted that it did not interfere or that he was an artist first but it seems to be his current priority. Some will say just passing the time, but I've already clearly stated how I feel about his new partners. So done! Went from heartbroke to just flustered with it all. Lost respect. This has been handled so poorly and unprofessionally by both sides.

@ritapolidoriobrien Just hanging out with Richie Sambora. (at the Chandelier Las Vegas)

jessycardy 08-21-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1150679)
I had already posted this but was not dedicated enough to put the link, so TY. Since people don't seem to think this is "official" , as not from the band but it def. tell us what Mr. Sambo is doing.

I had a few pages back as well, but was told it was not news because nobody said Richie would be back in September. So, if Richie comes back tomorrow it's not news and you shouldn't post it here, 'cause no one said he would be back tomorrow. Got it?

golittleperson 08-21-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1150681)
I had a few pages back as well, but was told it was not news because nobody said Richie would be back in September. So, if Richie comes back tomorrow it's not news and you shouldn't post it here, 'cause no one said he would be back tomorrow. Got it?

I'll do my very best. gtm I assumed, yes I know the word, this was about No Richie on current (and continuious) leg of the tour. My bad. Where he is was relevant to me - but even I'm loosing momentum.

Captain_jovi 08-21-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1150681)

I'm sorry if you took it that way, but my point wasn't that you shouldn't post it here. You had posted it and asked again if anyone saw it because you posted news and no one cared. I, me speaking as myself and not the board, didn't consider that news because him coming back was never announced. Someone with a microphone backed him into a corner and pushed him for a scoop.

I digress, sorry if you took it that way.

TwinFan 08-21-2013 05:18 PM

I don't think anybody's saying that we don't know what misadventures Richie is getting himself into. That's well publicized, and it's all believable. What I've been repeatedly saying is that we still have no conformation on Richie's status in the band (if/when he's coming back and if he's even in the band anymore). It's all pure speculation, and as far as his current place in Bon Jovi goes, we still know nothing more than that very first announcement.

Kathleen 08-21-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1150687)
I don't think anybody's saying that we don't know what misadventures Richie is getting himself into. That's well publicized, and it's all believable. What I've been repeatedly saying is that we still have no conformation on Richie's status in the band (if/when he's coming back and if he's even in the band anymore). It's all pure speculation, and as far as his current place in Bon Jovi goes, we still know nothing more than that very first announcement.

Exactly, which is one reason I haven't posted much in this thread. It's all innuendo and speculation and no cold, hard facts. The band, Jon specifically, could put an end to all this. Or perhaps the speculation and unrest among the fans is considered good press? We will probably never know.

JoviForever 08-21-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1150661)
I would agree with you because I totally get where you're coming from. But if anyone can have a comeback, it's Bon Jovi. Granted, they have to totally change their mentality, with a good bit of luck.

Sambora needs to come back and they need to put out their best album post Crush. If this happens, they have a chance. They have reached legendary status and they will always have a good size fan base, but it will continue to (slowly) dwindle unless they drastically change things.

But they came back with KTF and then with Crush... they may still have another one left in them.

I realize the other side of that argument is they had a great deal more talent and motivation during the writing/recording of KTF and even Crush. Now they are tired and more often than not it just seems like Jon wants to be some place else. But all I'm saying, it CAN happen.

They would have to come back with a better album than Crush. To me the whole reason for the success of that album was 'Its My Life' - the rest of them album is weak and forgettable. They can no longer rely on one single selling an album because nobody plays them on the radio anymore.

jessycardy 08-21-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1150686)
I'm sorry if you took it that way, but my point wasn't that you shouldn't post it here. You had posted it and asked again if anyone saw it because you posted news and no one cared. I, me speaking as myself and not the board, didn't consider that news because him coming back was never announced. Someone with a microphone backed him into a corner and pushed him for a scoop.

I digress, sorry if you took it that way.

It's okay, I get it. I didn't expect him to be back in September myself, actually, just thought it would be newsworthy anyway to know for sure that he wouldn't. Anyway, no biggy. ;)