Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your favourite Jovi track of the last era? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69142)

Savvi 07-22-2015 04:28 PM

Your favourite Jovi track of the last era?

I tend to loosely categorise the Jovi albums into eras by pairs. It really does all match up...

BJ/7800 = Pre global success era, hard rock
Slippery/Jersey = The peak of commercial success, glam rock
Faith/These Days = The 90s, more mature rock
Crush/Bounce = Pop/rock and the beginning of the greater post-2000 era
HAND/Lost Highway = Pop/rock/country influences
The Circle/What About Now = Return to pop/rock, last of Richie

With all that said (whether you agree or not with the categorisation), I'm curious to know what is the most popular track of the last 5-6 years (The Circle/Greatest Hits/What About Now).

Especially considering we are about to begin the next phase of this band. It's nice to reflect, whether it be good or bad.

JerseyGiant 07-22-2015 04:43 PM

Great idea! I actually cant chose tho, my first thought was its not right how (I think) most of those choices were not played live more! ��

Savvi 07-22-2015 04:50 PM

^ Agreed.

Honourable mentions go to That's What the Water Made Me, Beautiful World, Love's the Only Rule and Into The Echo (bite me), but my #1 song since 2009 has to be Superman Tonight. I really love this song. It's a shame that the film clip went in a more literal direction with the whole "hero" motif.

Also, I'm just gonna put it out there that I think Pictures of You is highly under rated and Thorn In My Side is a little over rated (though I enjoyed it live).

ezearis 07-22-2015 05:24 PM

Voted for Superman Tonight, but I think that's up there with Pictures of You. Happy Now is also great.

Kathleen 07-22-2015 05:35 PM

Loved Happy Now and loved That's What the Water Made me. But (in my opinion) Love's the Only Rule is some of the best of Jon's writing. Both music and lyrics are superb (and yes I'm aware that Richie and Billy Falcon were co-writers).

Faceman 07-22-2015 05:48 PM

Love's The Only Rule is my choice, too! To me not only one of the best songs in this decade but also one of their best of all time. Especially live...when they bring it down at the end with those gentle "ohh ohh ooohs" and going around again after some while, that's always one of those magic moments!

steel_horse75 07-22-2015 06:02 PM

TWTWMM

Brokenpromisedland and Thorn In My Side are also great

Becky 07-22-2015 06:24 PM

Beautiful World and What's Left of Me. I do like Love's the Only Rule and Superman Tonight though.

Walleris 07-22-2015 06:39 PM

1. What's Left Of Me
2. Love's The Only Rule
3. Superman Tonight
4. The More Things Change
5. Because We Can

If 2015 was still a part of this era, then We Don't Run would probably take the no. 4 spot.

bonjovi90 07-22-2015 07:19 PM

Most of the songs you listed were in my top 10 at some point. I think I'm With You takes the winner spot, slightly edging out LTOR and Superman. What's Left of Me and WWWB were also some of my favourites during the past years.