Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Alec john such - what happened? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68799)

Matrix15 11-22-2014 01:55 AM

Alec john such - what happened?

Just out of interest, I heard he had a motorcycle shop in nyc and rang a radio station to complain about jon being a democrat. Can anyone shed any light on what he's up to nowadays, or even better, do they know what his bike shops called?

MellyMel 11-23-2014 12:55 AM

I want to know the answer to this too. I remember on behind the music they said Alec was let go because he made so many mistakes live. But it seems like others think differently.

life_of_agony 11-23-2014 10:20 AM

The dude just fell off the face of the earth. I would love for him to do a tell all autobiography or something.

bonjovi90 11-23-2014 11:48 AM

The only thing I remember is that I had contact with a Swiss fangirl via MSN Messenger around 2008 or so who was a total Alec-addict.
She actually somehow had tracked down his e-mail address and written him some sort of poem or so. He answered, thanking her for that and telling her she had a gift for writing. Lost contact as time went on, and honestly don't remember much more (if there was).

Walleris 11-24-2014 03:24 AM

With Richie officially gone for good, it's only a matter of time before Jon Bon, after years of ignoring Alec, will throw a shitload of money at him for him to return, so Jon wouldn't look as ridiculous still calling it 'Bon Jovi'.

Captain_jovi 11-24-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1183480)
With Richie officially gone for good, it's only a matter of time before Jon Bon, after years of ignoring Alec, will throw a shitload of money at him for him to return, so Jon wouldn't look as ridiculous still calling it 'Bon Jovi'.

No way, no way at all!

Rdkopper 11-24-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1183480)

Alex would have to learn and perfect all the songs since he left.

TheOriginalJez 11-24-2014 05:27 AM

hugh's been with the band far longer than alec was...

Old Joysey 11-24-2014 03:05 PM

Hugh has been playing on ALL the studio records, including the first single "Runaway" when Jon no longer had a band + on some live albums + he's been one of Obie's close friends long before the 2 ever met Jon so, unless Hugh decides to quit his job (which is very unlikely), there'll be no other bassist, and surely not Alec. Jon holds a big grudge against him and he doesn't seem to be someone to forgive people's mistakes/bad decisions...

There's an old YT interview in which Alec called a radio station to support a politician and he's very harsh towards Jon.
Apart from that, yes, "the dude just fell off the face of the earth"...

If anything, Jon would rather pay him NOT to write an autobiography with lots of "behind the scenes" BJ stories. I suppose he signed a contract obliging him to keep his mouth shut or else I guess such a book would have been published a long time ago, when BJ was at the top of their popularity. Nowadays it wouldn't sell, nobody cares anymore.

Iceman 11-24-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1183489)
Hugh has been playing on ALL the studio records, including the first single "Runaway" when Jon no longer had a band + on some live albums

Hugh only played on Runaway on the first album and he didn't play on 7800 at all. He's said so himself.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the "possibility" of Alec and Richie getting back together...

Ice