Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69140)

SuperBrad 08-06-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1191163)
I'm loving 'A teardrop to the Sea'!!! So far my favorite of the new ones that I've heard. I can just about picture it live if they bother working these songs into the sets. And an awesome choice for an album opener, sounds sincere, awesome modern and traditional Jovi at the same time! The "ohh oh" melody works as an amazing bridge between track 1 and 2 which is We Don't Run.

Blind Love sounds like a What about Now left over, but I like that they kept it simple and let Dave be the driving sound for it.....

Yes i agree , i really lke blind love tho....i was scared a boring drum beat would have come into second verse but it didnt . Its simple but quite elegant . Im picturing just Dave on a grand piano and Jon sitting on edge if stage .

Dave88 08-06-2015 09:00 PM

I'm preferring Blind Love over Teardrop at the moment. It has some kind of Open All Night (which I hate) atmosphere but it's definitely better.

It could have been even better with a more prominent string arrangement and a build up towards the end.

liljovi93 08-06-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1191171)
I'm preferring Blind Love over Teardrop at the moment. It has some kind of Open All Night (which I hate) atmosphere but it's definitely better.

It could have been even better with a more prominent string arrangement and a build up towards the end.

It needed some sort of key change. The same tempo all the way through the song just bored me.

Lucas_Roli 08-06-2015 09:13 PM

I really like A Teardrop To The Sea. So far this album has 3 songs that i really enjoy which is freaking great.

SuperBrad 08-06-2015 09:24 PM

We dont run 10
Blind love 8
Teardrops 7
Sngmsm 5

rolo_tomachi 08-06-2015 09:32 PM

To my teardrop is something flat in structure even in vocal performance. I would have liked a crescendo, more dramatic and more rabid/angry.

rolo_tomachi 08-06-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1191176)
We dont run 10
Blind love 8
Teardrops 7
Sngmsm 5

SNGMSM 7
We Dont Run 6'5
Teardrops 6
Blind love 4

steel_horse75 08-06-2015 09:38 PM

even though i,ve ordered Japense version ive pre-ordered the itunes version as well so will hear the new songs tomorrow.

i know ill hate blind Love.

Rdkopper 08-06-2015 09:40 PM

Teardrop is excellent! It's going to be a killer live song too which will make me appreciate it even more.

Blind Love is a mood song but I like it. The weaker of the bunch so far but still decent.

This album is definitely on its way to being the best post 2k album. Jon sounds great vocally too across all tracks.

Did Jon write a soundtrack that never got released? These all sound like movie tracks to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nige 08-06-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1191180)
Teardrop is excellent! It's going to be a killer live song too which will make me appreciate it even more.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think there is any chance we'll ever hear any of these live :(