Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pick a band! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68890)

DevilsSon 01-31-2015 01:30 AM

Pick a band!

Just an experiment. I am curious what the music taste of Bon Jovi fans is...and excluded the obvious Springsteen and Aerosmith and U2.
Very curious what people vote for. What would be your options 2 and 3 from this list?

I voted for Guns N' Roses. Second and third would probably be Van Halen and Metallica.

Kathleen 01-31-2015 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1184978)
Just an experiment. I am curious what the music taste of Bon Jovi fans is...and excluded the obvious Springsteen and Aerosmith and U2.
Very curious what people vote for. What would be your options 2 and 3 from this list?

I voted for Guns N' Roses. Second and third would probably be Van Halen and Metallica.

Only lets me vote for 1 - I tried to choose G n R and Van Halen as my #s 2 & 3.

Dave 1986 01-31-2015 01:51 AM

I voted Def Leppard, with an honourable mention to Guns N' Roses. I like all the other bands listed though. Not equally though however.

Becky 01-31-2015 02:04 AM

I voted for Def Leppard. I guess my #2 and #3 from this list would be GnR and Nickelback. But I only LOVE one album by each of these acts. The other CDs I have by them might have a few songs I like, but aren't anything I would listen to over and over again.

Walleris 01-31-2015 04:16 AM

I don't like your logic behind these poll options. So U2 and Springsteen are obvious, but Def Leppard and GNR are not? You should've excluded those as well, if you are really interested in the average Bon Jovi fan's taste.

DevilsSon 01-31-2015 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1184983)
I don't like your logic behind these poll options. So U2 and Springsteen are obvious, but Def Leppard and GNR are not? You should've excluded those as well, if you are really interested in the average Bon Jovi fan's taste.

I seeee....you don't like my logic then. What if I were really REALLY really interested in the average Bon Jovi fan's taste? What then? Maybe then i should have just left Avenged Sevenfold and Nickelback? And what about really really really REALLY interested?!? Pfff...what would that have led me too?

My logic is the following: I don't care about Springsteen, U2 and Aerosmith. Simple. Now if you like it or not is really (and I mean REALLY) absolutely irrelevant.

united17 01-31-2015 05:31 AM

None of the above.

Train, Matchbox Twenty, Matt Nathanson

I'm 20.

Savvi 01-31-2015 05:47 AM

Def Leppard for sure. Second favourite band, behind only Bon Jovi.

I also enjoy some Gunners and Van Halen. The rest I don't really care for.

Nothing beats Bon Jovi, Leppard and Aerosmith for me.

When it comes to rock I also enjoy some Queen, INXS, Bryan Adams, Cheap Trick, Duran Duran, Journey, Robert Palmer, Billy Idol and Whitesnake (to varying degrees).

As for modern day bands... 30 Seconds to Mars, Imagine Dragons, The Script and All-American Rejects do it for me.

dcj28 02-01-2015 10:08 AM

Van Halen from the above although I started listening to them before BJ (and I've followed BJ from the first album).roth era only though. Used to like Def Leppard but can't listen to anything beyond Pyromania anymore. Never really got Guns N Roses or Nirvana and can take or leave Metallica.
Seems to me on here though that a lot seem to follow groups or artists with tenuous connections to Jovi,although not sure which way around that happened. My listening roots are in melodic rock probably bought about by listening to Jovi in the first place and most of the music I enjoy nowadays (Heat,Eclipse,W.E.T.etc)rarely get a mention on here.
Strange that Kiss aren't any network the list as they seem to get a lot of chat when they're brought up.

Savvi 02-01-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 1185002)
Van Halen from the above although I started listening to them before BJ (and I've followed BJ from the first album).roth era only though. Used to like Def Leppard but can't listen to anything beyond Pyromania anymore. Never really got Guns N Roses or Nirvana and can take or leave Metallica.

You don't like Hysteria? :o