Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Matt tweet (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69571)

Kathleen 07-16-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202588)
All I want is for the band's management to use social media properly, like by posting some clips of recording, the video shoot...anything to build up anticipation amongst fans.
I never blamed Jon or any other band member for not sharing his private life with us. Don't care about that any way.

Yeah - that would be nice. I also don't care about their private lives - or which bathroom they use,
but I would like some advance notice of upcoming projects.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2016 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202588)
All I want is for the band's management to use social media properly, like by posting some clips of recording, the video shoot...anything to build up anticipation amongst fans.
I never blamed Jon or any other band member for not sharing his private life with us. Don't care about that any way.

100 percent, same. If it's band related I want to hear more of it. I don't want to see Jon talk about his personal stuff and what he's doing that day because that's not why I'm interested in. 2000 was a glorious time to be a fan, their finger were so on the pulse with technology.

Faceman 07-16-2016 10:33 AM

Cute how some of you come to Matt's defence.
I'm with you that it is his personal account and that his tweets are not part of any strategic marketing plan of the band.
He's just a snob who wants to get some of the spotlight. Period.

I can't see a overreaction by any of the three users who commented first.

faith1985 07-16-2016 01:35 PM

Even U2 are more exciting in their social media activities. ..
They try to look professional, yet they are not. I watched a video done by Matt for the runaway tour crap and it was very embarrassing.
But it is the thing with Matt and their father, they both look like wannabes who are just tweeting ore posting shallow things to impress. There is no meaningful content there in the end and they don't engage.

When I was helping a school friend with her social media, I told her everything Bon Jovi related are examples how not to do it.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1202596)
Cute how some of you come to Matt's defence.
I'm with you that it is his personal account and that his tweets are not part of any strategic marketing plan of the band.
He's just a snob who wants to get some of the spotlight. Period.

I can't see a overreaction by any of the three users who commented first.

It's not even this time, in general. He posts things things are coming up or the new album is great and people start going after him "He's never heard the album" "he's paid to say that" "he's a liar" "He's garbage" Like....really?