Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Matt tweet (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69571)

rosa3 07-15-2016 06:01 AM

New Matt tweet

Here is a new tweet from Matt, sort of an update, All new launch of all things Jovi coming soon. New socials new Fan Club New Record new Tour. Things are starting to get busy around here!!

Bounce7800 07-15-2016 12:32 PM

Can't be too far off from a new way of him flouncing off Twitter, saying he's posting no more stuff about Bon Jovi. Probably about a week after the albums out.

bonjovi90 07-15-2016 03:11 PM

Matt shoud either start posting some precise info or really just quite doing it. He barely ever posts something fans wouldn't have known before anyway.

Rdkopper 07-15-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202560)
Matt shoud either start posting some precise info or really just quite doing it. He barely ever posts something fans wouldn't have known before anyway.

Agree... Useless info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Becky 07-15-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202560)

Well, if the reactions here are any indication, why would he post anything? His tweet gets posted and 3 people react to it and all three react with hostility. Why even bother with the Bon Jovi fandom if this is typical of what you get?

bonjovi90 07-15-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202562)
Well, if the reactions here are any indication, why would he post anything? His tweet gets posted and 3 people react to it and all three react with hostility. Why even bother with the Bon Jovi fandom if this is typical of what you get?

Because he basically never posts any useful information. It's all stuff like "some great news soon, album rockin'...", but never does he get specific about anything. Consequently many fans don't take him seriously as it seems that he wants to come across as being more important than he really is. If the band truly wants to take advantage of social media channels they need to get their act together and not have Jon's brother post random stuff every now and then.

Captain_jovi 07-15-2016 05:11 PM

Who says he's doing it on the band's behalf? Why can't he just say things like "Things are coming" to raise excitement? Why does everything have to be part of a lined up plan?

I think people fly off the handle about this guy and I'm not sure why he bothers everyone. Yeah he's invested in the band's business, it doesn't mean things aren't ramping up again soon.

bjcrazycpa 07-15-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1202568)
Who says he's doing it on the band's behalf? Why can't he just say things like "Things are coming" to raise excitement? Why does everything have to be part of a lined up plan?

I think people fly off the handle about this guy and I'm not sure why he bothers everyone. Yeah he's invested in the band's business, it doesn't mean things aren't ramping up again soon.

I agree Matt and it's his personal twitter account. So, it's more simple excitement from a personal perspective for his brother and things he's, meaning Matt, involved in vs releasing detailed info on the band's behalf. Not saying that second part shouldn't be done but that's for the label/bonjovi twitter account to do.

Captain_jovi 07-15-2016 08:12 PM

People act like anyone within the organization OWES you information. They don't owe us anything, it's his personal account. No one forces people to follow it or believe it. If you choose not to believe things are ramping up soon, or he doesn't tell you exactly what you need to know then I guess he's not worth following.

rosa3 07-15-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202562)

I totally agree! Why even bother? All Matt is trying to do is build excitement, that doesn't mean he has to give the 411 on exactly when things will happen. And from the reaction so far, it seems there is no excitement or worse, no care about the new music here, just a lot of petty whining. Matt is trying to do a nice thing for fans by bringing excitement and curiosity, and all people do here is whine and moan, he has better things to do than spend his time trying to help out the band a little and all u do is just get mad at him, nice gratitude! We should be lucky that Matt is even giving some info!

SadieLady 07-15-2016 09:31 PM

The lack of a social media connection with his fan base just goes to show that Jon wants to be a limited, part-time rock star. What is really sad is that even when he is being a rock star, he no longer bothers to send out messages to his fan base. I think the last time he did was during The Circle tour but I could be wrong (I am referring to occasional clips of him addressing his fans or personal text messages he would post.) There are no "behind the scene" clips or unrehearsed moments. That is one of the reasons the FB and Twitter pages of Phil X were so interesting to read when he was touring. Here was a guy who was excited about traveling the world and playing music. For Jon it is just another tour, another hefty addition to his bank balance.

Becky 07-15-2016 10:00 PM

Have you not noticed Jon using social media more in recent months? He has made some personal messages and if you choose to ignore that and say he doesn't use social media you're the one with your head in the sand. He's coming out of his social media shell and he has shared some personal things even. The problem is people expect too much as usual. I don't think he's ever going to be the type to tweet after every show or show us a picture of his hamburger.

Javier 07-15-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202579)
Have you not noticed Jon using social media more in recent months? He has made some personal messages and if you choose to ignore that and say he doesn't use social media you're the one with your head in the sand. He's coming out of his social media shell and he has shared some personal things even. The problem is people expect too much as usual. I don't think he's ever going to be the type to tweet after every show or show us a picture of his hamburger.

Jon eats hamburgers?? OMG OMG that is so me!! I eat hamburgers too!! That is so relatable, Jon will reach a new fan whenever he tweets the food he's eating.... lol

bonjovi90 07-15-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1202580)
Jon eats hamburgers?? OMG OMG that is so me!! I eat hamburgers too!! That is so relatable, Jon will reach a new fan whenever he tweets the food he's eating.... lol

Haha :D

In general, I'm disappointed by the lack of any announcement. Hence me probably overreacting on Matt's post. But we get blamed for not having any excitement for the upcoming release. How are we supposed to when the official media outlet doesn't seem (at least up until now) to give a shit either? They embraced the internet for promotion in a better way in 2000! Basically all we know about this album comes from Jon who had to respond to questions at Runaway Tour Events and from someone who lent Phil his gear and told the story of the video being filmed.
There are no announcements, no teasers, previews...nothing. And if I remember correctly the single was supposed to be launched somehwere in July or August.
I bet that, besides a few diehard fans who come to the fanboards on a regular basis, no one has a clue that a new album is coming up soon.

Walleris 07-15-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202582)
Haha :D

In general, I'm disappointed by the lack of any announcement. Hence me probably overreacting on Matt's post. But we get blamed for not having any excitement for the upcoming release. How are we supposed to when the official media outlet doesn't seem (at least up until now) to give a shit either? They embraced the internet for promotion in a better way in 2000! Basically all we know about this album comes from Jon who had to respond to questions at Runaway Tour Events and from someone who lent Phil his gear and told the story of the video being filmed.
There are no announcements, no teasers, previews...nothing. And if I remember correctly the single was supposed to be launched somehwere in July or August.
I bet that, besides a few diehard fans who come to the fanboards on a regular basis, no one has a clue that a new album is coming up soon.

Yup, this sums it pretty well.

Matt himself is not exactly the problem, he's simply the symbol and the punching bag for band's complete failure that is their social media presence.

SadieLady 07-16-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202579)

Oh For Pete's Sake...yes there are more tweets but I don't consider constantly asking fans to buy something from the JBJ store or to buy a new membership or to donate to his foundation or showcasing an accolade that his foundation was given as being personal with the fans. The trivia tweets are nice but I have no idea if they are generating a response because I am not interested. There are 2 personal photos of him: one on a private trip to Cuba and the other bungee jumping with his son in Cabo. There is one photo of Ticoplaying the drums. He tweeted reminding people to vote in their primaries with a Hilary sign behind him but otherwise nothing about current events. Did he know Prince? Did he appreciate his work? Was he aware that he died of an overdose (that should have hit home considering his daughter's brush with an overdose). What is THE BAND doing? He fronts a band, it is not just him. There is only one photo or message involving the band and that was to announce the album was done. My head isn't in the sand but your's sure is.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1202584)
(that should have hit home considering his daughter's brush with an overdose). What is THE BAND doing? He fronts a band, it is not just him. There is only one photo or message involving the band and that was to announce the album was done. My head isn't in the sand but your's sure is.

Again, he doesn't owe us anything. Because his daughter and Prince had an overdose therefore he needs to tell us how he feels? No one's head is in the sand but he's just not going to suddenly be a social media guy. Jesus, he could become one and then everyone will call him transparent and say he's doing it to line his pockets because he's obsessed with money. The dude can't win here.

Becky 07-16-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1202585)
Again, he doesn't owe us anything. Because his daughter and Prince had an overdose therefore he needs to tell us how he feels? No one's head is in the sand but he's just not going to suddenly be a social media guy. Jesus, he could become one and then everyone will call him transparent and say he's doing it to line his pockets because he's obsessed with money. The dude can't win here.

AMEN. He shares nothing personal and it's not enough. He starts sharing a few things, and it's not good enough. Let him dip his toes in the sand and see if he even likes social media. I think sharing that he went bungee jumping is pretty cool. As long as people complain about EVERY DAMN THING THEY DO to reach out to the fans, they're going to do LESS AND LESS to reach out to the fans. And it's going to be the FANS' OWN FAULT for being entitled brats. As Captain_jovi has said several times.... they OWE us nothing.

bonjovi90 07-16-2016 01:37 AM

All I want is for the band's management to use social media properly, like by posting some clips of recording, the video shoot...anything to build up anticipation amongst fans.
I never blamed Jon or any other band member for not sharing his private life with us. Don't care about that any way.

SadieLady 07-16-2016 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202588)
All I want is for the band's management to use social media properly, like by posting some clips of recording, the video shoot...anything to build up anticipation amongst fans.
I never blamed Jon or any other band member for not sharing his private life with us. Don't care about that any way.

THIS! Jon absolutely doesn't owe us anything but don't say he is connecting with his fan base when he really isn't. He used to (on All Access and BJ TV) and it was a lot of fun.
A few years ago I joined the fan club thinking that it would be worthwhile only to find that it wasn't. There was no special info or benefits to being a club member. However years later I still get a happy birthday message on my birthday. And every time I get a warm fussy about it and feel like a valued fan even though I know it is completely computer generated. LOL

Kathleen 07-16-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Yeah - that would be nice. I also don't care about their private lives - or which bathroom they use,
but I would like some advance notice of upcoming projects.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2016 02:18 AM

Quote:

100 percent, same. If it's band related I want to hear more of it. I don't want to see Jon talk about his personal stuff and what he's doing that day because that's not why I'm interested in. 2000 was a glorious time to be a fan, their finger were so on the pulse with technology.

Faceman 07-16-2016 10:33 AM

Cute how some of you come to Matt's defence.
I'm with you that it is his personal account and that his tweets are not part of any strategic marketing plan of the band.
He's just a snob who wants to get some of the spotlight. Period.

I can't see a overreaction by any of the three users who commented first.

faith1985 07-16-2016 01:35 PM

Even U2 are more exciting in their social media activities. ..
They try to look professional, yet they are not. I watched a video done by Matt for the runaway tour crap and it was very embarrassing.
But it is the thing with Matt and their father, they both look like wannabes who are just tweeting ore posting shallow things to impress. There is no meaningful content there in the end and they don't engage.

When I was helping a school friend with her social media, I told her everything Bon Jovi related are examples how not to do it.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1202596)
Cute how some of you come to Matt's defence.
I'm with you that it is his personal account and that his tweets are not part of any strategic marketing plan of the band.
He's just a snob who wants to get some of the spotlight. Period.

I can't see a overreaction by any of the three users who commented first.

It's not even this time, in general. He posts things things are coming up or the new album is great and people start going after him "He's never heard the album" "he's paid to say that" "he's a liar" "He's garbage" Like....really?