Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 07-09-2014 04:37 PM

What is the purpose of this Access All Area viewing on Bon Jovi . com today? Seriously? Almost all people tuning in to watch it, own it and have probably watched it to the point of memorizing it. For those few who don't own it, it's available to watch on YouTube so I don't really get this whole thing.

Is there going to be additional footage or something? If so, someone should record it just in-case there is extra footage. I have this feeling that somewhere along the way, Cadillac Man is going to make an appearance somewhere. Maybe not here, but somewhere.

Dave 1986 07-09-2014 04:45 PM

I doubt we'll get anything extra. You're right, it's pointless.

Rdkopper 07-09-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1180003)
Yea but let's face it, Led Zeppelin are a lot more 'molly coddled' by the critics and the media than Bon Jovi are. Obviously not having a go at Zeppelin or their fans (I'm not a massive fan of theirs, personally), but whatever they release is gonna sell well regardless. Plus they are considered a "legendary band", like the Beatles and Pink Floyd (both bands have also reissued their back catalogue in recent years and have charted highly), unlike Bon Jovi who sadly aren't generally considered as such. Simply put, Bon Jovi just aren't quite in the same league as Zeppelin, Beatles or Floyd.

It's sad, but it's true.

I'm not really getting your overall point. Fans and Critics are two different things. Fans are buying these releases, not critics.

And as far as the Bon Jovi not being in the same league as the above, thats not sad at all. Those three bands have 15 to 20 years on them. We are talking mid to late 60s vrs mid 80s.

united17 07-09-2014 05:00 PM

Thanks Rdkopper, appreciate it. I agree with your sentiments, it'd be a shame if we didn't get more content. I wasn't around back in the band's heyday and would love to get to know it more.

tigrs99 07-09-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179998)
Using the HITS Daily Double chart as a reference, it didn't even debut in the top 50. The album at the 50 position sold only 5,500 units so using this as a starting point, the NJ Deluxe Edition did even worse by not charting in the top 50 which also means that sales are less then 5500 units sold. It only sold 2200 in its debut in the UK and peaked at number 90 on the Australian album chart. If units sold are doubled, these numbers are absolutely pathetic!

I don't meant to take it out on fans here but we, as dies-hards, could have done so much better supporting this. This era is the reason why 95% of us are here today and more so, still here today. Reviews have been positive so there are no excuses.

If this mess up our chances for future releases, I'm going to be so pissed.

Led Zeppelin recently re-released some classic albums and they all have been charting in the top 50 since their initial releases.

Most diehards already have got bootleg songs Others probably downloaded individual singles from Itunes or Amazon or downloaded them for free

MWR 07-09-2014 06:39 PM

Everybody Wants You

Call me crazy, but the bass and/or guitars in Full Moon High sounds quite a bit like Billy Squire's Everybody Wants You. I love Full Moon High, but everytime I play it I hear hear that Billy song! That had to have been intentional. Anybody else think so?

ezearis 07-09-2014 07:03 PM

I jumped to the CD 2 for the demos and didn't noticed that the songs on the CD1 have an improved mixing. Bad Medicine has it's sound changes here and there, and Homebound Train sound really different. I like it!

rolo_tomachi 07-09-2014 07:08 PM

They are bastards when it comes to making a deluxe edition. If you pay attention to Nirvana releases or deluxe editions of U2 will know of what I speak.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/XW6T6a2aF5Y/0.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HXP3PL9xER...e281a81ea0.jpg

DestinationJovi 07-09-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1180006)
What is the purpose of this Access All Area viewing on Bon Jovi . com today? Seriously? Almost all people tuning in to watch it, own it and have probably watched it to the point of memorizing it. For those few who don't own it, it's available to watch on YouTube so I don't really get this whole thing.

Is there going to be additional footage or something? If so, someone should record it just in-case there is extra footage. I have this feeling that somewhere along the way, Cadillac Man is going to make an appearance somewhere. Maybe not here, but somewhere.

I imagine the purpose is the the support you mentioned upthread that was lacking. I agree there wasn't enough promo and I'm not sure airing AAA will do much, but it must be the reason they're showing it.

Rdkopper 07-10-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1180018)
I imagine the purpose is the the support you mentioned upthread that was lacking. I agree there wasn't enough promo and I'm not sure airing AAA will do much, but it must be the reason they're showing it.

I think if they would have added extra footage onto the AAA dvd, that would have catapulted sales and / or provided additional demos that were never released from that era.

When you think about it, unless you are truly into sound, this set really doesn't offer much!

Trust me, I'm ecstatic that we got these demos but I was still hoping for a little more. But then again, it goes full circle. Why should they put extra cost into a project if people are going to steal it anyway? I'm torn.