Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Jack27 05-14-2014 01:34 PM

2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere:

"Working with Hannah Jae writing new material, excited to start her first album mid June 2014.

Writing more with Cole Redding, finishing record begin July 2014.

Currently writing with Katie Barbato.

I'm really excited to be working on two Very Special Bon Jovi projects as we speak.

The sun is out, that means lots of hot rods on the road. New pics soon.

Rocketh on, Obie."

http://obieshotrods.blogspot.com.ar/

It's my faith 05-14-2014 01:54 PM

Let me guess: New Jersey and Keep the Faith remastered and 5.1? :P

Or even better: Because we Can in 5.1!!

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2014 02:35 PM

Maybe???

-Box set: unreleased songs (3 cds)

-One Concert: unreleased (dvd/bluray)

steel_horse75 05-14-2014 02:45 PM

It wont happen but id love to see SWW and NJ released with 2nd cd of all the songs that didnt make the original albums.

jasonjbj 05-14-2014 04:04 PM

http://www.musictap.net/

On July 1, Island Records will revisit New Jersey with a 2CD Deluxe Edition, and a larger 2CD/DVD Super Deluxe Edition. Bon Jovi albums are no stranger to being revamped. With New Jersey receiving a Special Edition update in 2010, this seems a bit redundant. And so, as more information becomes available, I’ll be sure to update this page.

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjbj (Post 1176458)
http://www.musictap.net/

On July 1, Island Records will revisit New Jersey with a 2CD Deluxe Edition, and a larger 2CD/DVD Super Deluxe Edition. Bon Jovi albums are no stranger to being revamped. With New Jersey receiving a Special Edition update in 2010, this seems a bit redundant. And so, as more information becomes available, I’ll be sure to update this page.

Umm... can be;

2CD Deluxe Edition= Disc 1: Album, Disc 2: Outtakes.

2CD/DVD Super Deluxe Edition= Disc 1: Album, Disc 2: Outtakes, DVD: Access all Areas.

So, is this one of the two projects? or .. is this the two projects??

bonjovi90 05-14-2014 05:34 PM

I'd love the 2 CD to be like the "Sons of Beaches" album which Jon couldn't get the record company to allow them back then. Or at least a 5.1 remix of the original record and the demos as the bonus CD.

For the DVD: I'd love to see Hammersmith Odeon being released, but I think chances of that are slim (especially since the band played tons of cover songs). My 2nd wish would be their first show at Giants Stadium which was tremendous!
I don't really want to have AAA since I already have the perfect quality laserdisc release of it.
Since they are masters in wasting great opportunities when it comes to release cool bonus stuff we'll probably get a DVD with the videos for NJ though... :rolleyes:

Supersonic 05-14-2014 06:06 PM

Aloha !

Like others, it wouldn't surprise me if it'd contain live cuts previously released on now out of print remaster or CD singles. Knowing the way Obie's mixing things chances are it'll sound better on the out of print remasters than it will on the new stuff. And if the live cuts have never been released on vinyl or CD, they'll most likely stem from footage aired on the BBC, meaning more stuff people have seen and heard by now.

But it'd be nice if most of us are proven wrong.

Given the chances they've had to release something decent (Remasters in 1995, Slippery XX in 2007 and all the Special Editions in 2010) it wouldn't surprise me if they'll use this as another pointless cash cow as opposed to really releasing something special that will capture the importance of that era of their career, and something that'll highlight how they were the biggest band back then.

Sadly, given Bon Jovi's marketing strategy the only edition containing a bit of stuff most of the die hards don't have yet will be on the Super Duper Deluxe Rare Collectors edition for just $99,99 including 5 postcards, a keychain and a code you can use to register just so you can buy more rare MP3's of yet another live rendition of Bad Medicine.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1176461)
Aloha !

Like others, it wouldn't surprise me if it'd contain live cuts previously released on now out of print remaster or CD singles. Knowing the way Obie's mixing things chances are it'll sound better on the out of print remasters than it will on the new stuff. And if the live cuts have never been released on vinyl or CD, they'll most likely stem from footage aired on the BBC, meaning more stuff people have seen and heard by now.

But it'd be nice if most of us are proven wrong.

Given the chances they've had to release something decent (Remasters in 1995, Slippery XX in 2007 and all the Special Editions in 2010) it wouldn't surprise me if they'll use this as another pointless cash cow as opposed to really releasing something special that will capture the importance of that era of their career, and something that'll highlight how they were the biggest band back then.

Sadly, given Bon Jovi's marketing strategy the only edition containing a bit of stuff most of the die hards don't have yet will be on the Super Duper Deluxe Rare Collectors edition for just $99,99 including 5 postcards, a keychain and a code you can use to register just so you can buy more rare MP3's of yet another live rendition of Bad Medicine.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

This sucks, but you have reason. I just hope a miracle, as was "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can not Be Wrong" or something inferior, 2 or 3 cds with unreleased songs.

They have to release something for Christmas, something commemorative for the 30th anniversary.

Dave 1986 05-14-2014 08:00 PM

My birthday!

Anyway, like someone said earlier, I'd love the 2CD to be nearer to the bands original vision - the double album NJ was supposed to be. I just hope (though not counting on it) that it'll get a decent remastering and not overly compressed like the 1998/2010 remasters. Access All Areas on the DVD would be more than welcome to me as well. The Box Set DVD was such a missed opportunity, so I hope it's something more imaginative.

I'm just puzzled as to why it's just this album and not any of the others along with it. I'd have thought the first choice for such a release would be Slippery When Wet.

Rdkopper 05-14-2014 08:21 PM

- The fact that they were looking for photos hopefully means something. It's not some basic release if they are looking to add artwork.

- Based on the rumors, it sounds like a Deluxe NJ could be on the way. I have hope that this set will include the demos. Unlike Slippery, there are enough songs to fill a second album and based on our demands to Obie in the past, this very well could be the direction they go in.

- I can't see there being multiple releases of this set. This isn't a new album. It's just a deluxe edition that most will download illegally anyeway so there will be 1 edition for us real die-hards and that's it. There won't be one with a DVD and one without....Just my feeling.

- With that said, I think the two projects are 2 unrelated projects of unreleased material. Live and / or Demo.

- I actually think there will be a small box-set released after, that could contain live material or more unreleased tracks or maybe even both for the 30 year mark.

- I'd like to believe that the project Obie is working on is a box-set for 30 years and being that NJ hit the 25 year mark, they decided to split it out and include the NJ demos separate (or maybe they'll even reappear on the second box set as well).

- Hopefully one will be released in July and the other will be release around Christmas.

OKay, all of the above is the perfect storm but you never know.

(One of the pros of Richie leaving the BWC tour is the lack of live material. There is no way they would include live material with Phil on guitar for a 30 year box set)

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2014 09:12 PM

I want it all dammit.

Rdkopper 05-14-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176469)
I want it all dammit.

And I want it now!

steel_horse75 05-14-2014 10:12 PM

I dont want live versions anywhere near this. How many times do you need live tracks/versions?

This needs to be NJ remastered (not totally polished) with the 2CD being all the songs that shoulve been on the original double album and the super deluxe including Access All Areas.

SuperBrad 05-15-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1176472)
I dont want live versions anywhere near this. How many times do you need live tracks/versions?

This needs to be NJ remastered (not totally polished) with the 2CD being all the songs that shoulve been on the original double album and the super deluxe including Access All Areas.

Yes , this would be like 10 christmases all in one ! Please Obie . Please .

Alphavictim 05-15-2014 03:23 AM

The VERY least they could do is add is the acoustic version of Born To Be My Baby.

A live DVD from that era would be great as well, though. I'm not sure if I prefer the NJ or the KTF era as far as live shows go.

Rdkopper 05-15-2014 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176477)
The VERY least they could do is add is the acoustic version of Born To Be My Baby.

Which one? The version we all already have?

Rdkopper 05-15-2014 03:36 AM

I don't understand the demand for Access on DVD. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have but not on the top of my priority list. Unless there are hours of unreleased footage included.

There are so much other stuff I'd love to have.

Alphavictim 05-15-2014 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176479)
Which one? The version we all already have?

The one that was on the Living In Sin single. I don't think it's been re-released ever since. I hope for a lot more, but with the demos, there might be a ton of reasons why they weren't included (sound quality, mainly). But that one is already in great shape, sonically, so if it's not on the re-release, it's due to pure laziness.

Rdkopper 05-15-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176481)
The one that was on the Living In Sin single. I don't think it's been re-released ever since. I hope for a lot more, but with the demos, there might be a ton of reasons why they weren't included (sound quality, mainly). But that one is already in great shape, sonically, so if it's not on the re-release, it's due to pure laziness.

I don't think its a demo though. It's just a live studio acoustic recording.

Alphavictim 05-15-2014 11:24 AM

Yeah, I don't think it's a demo either.

rolo_tomachi 05-15-2014 07:41 PM

Cadillac Man was composed for a movie of 1990. I wonder if they consider the song to be included in this edition.

Rdkopper 05-15-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176499)
Cadillac Man was composed for a movie of 1990. I wonder if they consider the song to be included in this edition.

Good Point! I actually thought the same thing. Until we know exactly what they are doing, it's hard to speculate.

If they are doing a NJ Deluxe with extra demo tracks, I say they include it as a bonus. It's Pre-Blaze and a real Bon Jovi song.

I think what works in our favor is the fact these songs are already out there in some shape or form. It's an easy sell to Jon to say "lets give them to the fans in better quality"

Considering all three live versions of Cadillac Man share the same live low grade quality, I think it's a very good possibility that it will show up somewhere and hopefully the reason for the Hammersmith pic.

Not a big fan favorite here but I'd like "We All Sleep Alone" sung by Jon to show-up as well.

ezearis 05-15-2014 09:55 PM

I hope, know it's not happening though, that the New Jersey Special Edition are 3 CDs: 1 should be the actual New Jersey demo and the other 2 discs the "Original New Jersey" with good audio quality.

Then, a boxset with demos others eras could be great. I really want a high quality version of Nothing.

rolo_tomachi 05-15-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1176505)
I hope, know it's not happening though, that the New Jersey Special Edition are 3 CDs: 1 should be the actual New Jersey demo and the other 2 discs the "Original New Jersey" with good audio quality.

Then, a boxset with demos others eras could be great. I really want a high quality version of Nothing.

Yes, that would be great. Although I disagree with the demo version, I prefer the well mastered final versions. CD1 Album. CD2 Unreleased Songs from Outtakes (Final Versions). CD3 Live songs 1988-1990. DVD 1 Access All Areas Extended Edition. DVD2 Giant Stadium 1989 (full concert). DVD3 New Jersey the videos.

In X-mas, new Box Set with 4 CD (50 unreleased songs from Era 1986-2013), and 4 DVD (Full Show), Hammersmith Odeon 1990. Dortmund 1993, Camden 1995, Sydney 2010. ;)

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 05-16-2014 10:26 AM

finally something to get excited about :-p because we can was the first album i didn't buy.
i hoping for some extended cuts like they did with slippery

also the demo's would be cool... maybe the deluxe will have a kinda making off or looking back

i don't know i really hope for something good but recent releases seemed such a let down..

ktf,

Nick

bonjovi90 05-16-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176500)

Considering all three live versions of Cadillac Man share the same live low grade quality, I think it's a very good possibility that it will show up somewhere and hopefully the reason for the Hammersmith pic.

Really? I've got a version from Osaka which has an overall great sound!

steel_horse75 05-16-2014 02:52 PM

Would love a DVD of this to be included.

SuperBrad 05-16-2014 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1176519)

Really ? Please share ;)

SuperBrad 05-18-2014 07:17 AM

Would be funny if the infamous Mona Lisa turned up on one of these projects ;)

Kathleen 05-19-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1176519)

Yeah, Osaka sounds good, not great but good. I have a feeling that because this song was recorded by Johnny Halliday we won't hear it from Jovi. I would like to hope I'm wrong on that.

jasonjbj 05-20-2014 09:18 AM

Bon Jovi - New Jersey [2 CD][Deluxe Edition] -... Bon Jovi - New Jersey [2 CD][Deluxe Edition] -...

jasonjbj 05-20-2014 09:24 AM

Bon Jovi - New Jersey [2 CD/DVD][Super Deluxe... Bon Jovi - New Jersey [2 CD/DVD][Super Deluxe...

kleman 05-20-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjbj (Post 1176671)

Hmmmm, nice. Anybody know whats the tracklist :p

TheOriginalJez 05-20-2014 10:09 AM

Well, there's a cheaper 2cd version on there as well which lists the first cd tracks if you zoom in on the photos - unsurprisingly the New Jersey tracklist unaltered.

kleman 05-20-2014 10:15 AM

So what to expect from this. Have a bad felling :(

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2014 10:22 AM

Deluxe Edition (2 cd)
http://oi60.tinypic.com/5nmy3r.jpg

Super Deluxe Edition (2 cd + 1 dvd)
http://oi58.tinypic.com/67v4na.jpg

SuperBrad 05-20-2014 12:15 PM

Holy mother of god ! Im so excited ....

liljovi93 05-20-2014 12:19 PM

I like the look of it but I just hope it has some good things on it. We need something different!!

It's my faith 05-20-2014 12:51 PM

I don't know how amazon works...

Can these two be fakes?