Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bounce + Orchestra (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69200)

efpg0708 08-22-2015 09:09 AM

Bounce + Orchestra

I'm literally speechless.

I wish Jon could sing like that.

bonjovi90 08-22-2015 09:31 AM

I filmed the whole show if you want to check it out ;)

efpg0708 08-22-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1192767)
I filmed the whole show if you want to check it out ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQW3mrTslm0

Wow, thanks for that ! What a treat that must have been.

ezearis 08-22-2015 10:16 AM

There's something about his voice that I don't like. Maybe it's that he's not Jon...

Wish Jon could sign like in the 90's or at least like in '98. ****, that man used to REALLY sing and now he can't even hit the notes.

(0:42)

Thierry 08-22-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1192771)
Wow, thanks for that ! What a treat that must have been.

If you need the full show on audio let me know :). I've recorded the whole thing back then.

Alphavictim 08-22-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1192774)
There's something about his voice that I don't like. Maybe it's that he's not Jon...

He's got more of a poppunkish or even sleaze rockish squawk to him than a soulful rasp. But that's the tone of his voice - the performance itself is stellar. (Although I'm not a huge fan of the whole orchestra-thing.)

Rdkopper 08-22-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1192774)

I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, if they were playing locally, I'd go in a second but as far as a Jovi replacement, it's just not there.

Musically, they are brilliant and the lead singer has a great voice but that's where it ends. He sounds nothing like Jon nor does he deliver a song like Jon. I think he would be great in a My Chemical Romance cover band instead.

Trying to be the perfect Jon is like trying to be the perfect Elvis. The worst thing about being a Jovi fan is, you'll never find that perfect cover band. There are too many factors that can't be replicated.

Jon makes it seem like what he does, look effortless. His movement and stage antics work for his personality and when other people try and copy him, it just seems awkward. Jon also has distinguished good looks and even if someone has the chops, they have to have the look as well or it just won't work either. Finally, the delivery has to be there.

dcj28 08-22-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1192807)
I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, if they were playing locally, I'd go in a second but as far as a Jovi replacement, it's just not there.

Musically, they are brilliant and the lead singer has a great voice but that's where it ends. He sounds nothing like Jon nor does he deliver a song like Jon. I think he would be great in a My Chemical Romance cover band instead.

Trying to be the perfect Jon is like trying to be the perfect Elvis. The worst thing about being a Jovi fan is, you'll never find that perfect cover band. There are too many factors that can't be replicated.

Jon makes it seem like what he does, look effortless. His movement and stage antics work for his personality and when other people try and copy him, it just seems awkward. Jon also has distinguished good looks and even if someone has the chops, they have to have the look as well or it just won't work either. Finally, the delivery has to be there.

I don't think he's trying to imitate Jon though,thats what makes it better for me. Ive seen a couple of tribute acts in the UK who try too hard to be like JBJ,one even kept apologising for trying the American accent,and the guitarist wearing a stupid wig to try and look like RS. I prefer to hear someones own take on the songs rather than just plain copy everything.

Rdkopper 08-22-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcj28 (Post 1192814)
I don't think he's trying to imitate Jon though,thats what makes it better for me. Ive seen a couple of tribute acts in the UK who try too hard to be like JBJ,one even kept apologising for trying the American accent,and the guitarist wearing a stupid wig to try and look like RS. I prefer to hear someones own take on the songs rather than just plain copy everything.

In that regard, I agree 100 percent...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Walleris 08-22-2015 08:41 PM

The singer is amazing. Pound-for-pound he's better than Jon ever was vocally. Obviously, Jon was great in the 90s, but his highest notes were never that effortless. I love watching certain performances from Bounce, because with some songs he reaches potential that Jon achieved in studio, but was never able to replicate live. Livin' On a Prayer, Keep The Faith, Something To Believe In, In These Arms, Have A Nice Day, and a few others are good examples of that.

The only negatives are the singer's German accent and the rest of the band's mediocrity.

Still it's a shame they never done shows outside of Germany. Would've loved to see them in the Netherlands.