Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon - radio interview (football, no music) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68946)

Old Joysey 03-06-2015 09:27 PM

Jon - radio interview (football, no music)

Quote:

Jon Bon Jovi, Musician

Musician Jon Bon Jovi comments on his Philadelphia Soul memories with Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic and persuading Bill Belichick and Charlie Weis to sing at an event.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12431478

Captain_jovi 03-07-2015 11:13 PM

Deleted back and forth because it's getting tiring as hell. Stop cluttering every thread with it please.

RD, the board is just about dead and you're not a mod. It's one thing if people are complaining about thread placement but no one has had as much as a problem with what people post and where as you do. Stop telling people what to do, if it's not about the thread then keep it to yourself. That last part really goes to everyone, you don't have to like every topic. If you don't have anything to say about it then just don't click on it. Easy peasy.

Rdkopper 03-07-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1185944)
RD, the board is just about dead

It really is.... And now it's time for me to disappear for a little while. I'm bored here and there is nothing interesting that Bon Jovi fans have to share anymore. It's all the Jovi chat boards bty. Not just this one.

Old Joysey 03-07-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1185944)
Deleted back and forth because it's getting tiring as hell. Stop cluttering every thread with it please.

RD, the board is just about dead and you're not a mod. It's one thing if people are complaining about thread placement but no one has had as much as a problem with what people post and where as you do. Stop telling people what to do, if it's not about the thread then keep it to yourself. That last part really goes to everyone, you don't have to like every topic. If you don't have anything to say about it then just don't click on it. Easy peasy.

Thank you. :D

If anybody here has a problem with my posting links to info and videos, please do tell me and I'll stop. As I said before, I come here (and on other boards) to share info and opinions, that's what forums are for. I'm happy to share stuff that I find or that are sent to me by other fans who, just like me, bother to spend their online time to share with other fans.

Becky 03-07-2015 11:58 PM

I was a moderator for another board for another subject (a TV show) that had VERY strict guidelines about posting new threads. Having been here for so long, I was taken aback by how posters were pretty much NOT allowed to make new threads. The moderators were in charge of it. Since it was a TV show, it was basically set up so that there was a forum for every season, a thread for each episode, a spoiler thread for each season, a forum for primary characters with one thread each, and a forum for primary actors with one thread each, etc. All guest actors/characters were lumped into a single thread. Even the "Off Topic" forum was restricted to a single thread for "music," a single thread for "movies" and so forth.

I think the users of this forum are so used to freedom that they would HATE that kind of "police state."

I think the best way to deal with not liking a new topic is this: if you don't like it, don't respond to it and it will fall off the front page of the forum soon enough. If you keep arguing about it, all you do is keep it at the forefront.

Old Joysey 03-08-2015 01:01 AM

If I may digress myself too...

I've been participating in various music forums in different countries and in different languages for about 15 years. I have NEVER EVER experienced as much negativity as on Jovitalk...

There's always an area such as this one:
Quote:

General BJ Discussion
Discuss everything related to Bon Jovi (the band or individual members') activities here - latest news, rumors, songs, appearances,...
where people post new stuff about either the band or one member who is named in the title thread so that it's not misleading. That's what I've been doing here ever since I started posting, I do as I've been doing elsewhere for 15 years and as everybody else does on all the other boards I know. What crime did I commit here? I post the latest news in the latest news section, so what's wrong about it?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1185952)
I think the best way to deal with not liking a new topic is this: if you don't like it, don't respond to it...

Logical. Common sense. Why is it so hard for some Jovitalkers? I don't understand why some "fans" spend so much time and energy dissing and trashing the band members they don't like...

Rdkopper 03-08-2015 01:54 AM

My turn! Capt Jovi is right. This board is dead and that's why I'm going from Poster To Lurker especially when certain fan like Old Joy become the main posters here. I'll just be like the remaining 90% of the population and just Lurk to steal information!!!

Here is my problem with Old Joy's posts just to clear the air. His posts are usually incorrect and based on incorrect fabricated facts.

Right now this place is dead so it's easier to manage but when this place does become active, I can't stand having to search through 5 different posts to piece together 1 topic of information which has happened a few times before.

I have OCD and Less is More with me.... So unless the OP wants to start a DISCUSSION on a subject, there is no reason to start new topics when it could easily fit into other spots. Richie could have one of his drunkin interviews tomorrow about how much he misses his daughter and Old Joy will create a new topic when it could easily fit into the Richie section. Jon is making an appearance somewhere and those usually go into the Tour Section, not the General One. This ESPN topic he created of inaccurate information should go into the YouTube section.

Again, this place is as dead as Madonna's Vagina so if you need Old Joys clutter to spark this place up, knock yourself out. I think it cheapens the place and lessens the boards integrity.... You just lost another active member here. Good Luck People!

KSantaFe 03-08-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1185953)
I've been participating in various music forums in different countries and in different languages for about 15 years. I have NEVER EVER experienced as much negativity as on Jovitalk...

Then quiet majority values your contributions to Jovitalk greatly. It's posters such as yourself that encourage me to log on most days. So PLEASE don't withhold posts just because of the loud minority :) We appreciate you immensely!

jovifan93 03-08-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1185962)
Then quiet majority values your contributions to Jovitalk greatly. It's posters such as yourself that encourage me to log on most days. So PLEASE don't withhold posts just because of the loud minority :) We appreciate you immensely!

Agreed :-)

Captain_jovi 03-08-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1185960)
My turn! Capt Jovi is right. This board is dead and that's why I'm going from Poster To Lurker especially when certain fan like Old Joy become the main posters here. I'll just be like the remaining 90% of the population and just Lurk to steal information!!!

Here is my problem with Old Joy's posts just to clear the air. His posts are usually incorrect and based on incorrect fabricated facts.

Right now this place is dead so it's easier to manage but when this place does become active, I can't stand having to search through 5 different posts to piece together 1 topic of information which has happened a few times before.

I have OCD and Less is More with me.... So unless the OP wants to start a DISCUSSION on a subject, there is no reason to start new topics when it could easily fit into other spots. Richie could have one of his drunkin interviews tomorrow about how much he misses his daughter and Old Joy will create a new topic when it could easily fit into the Richie section. Jon is making an appearance somewhere and those usually go into the Tour Section, not the General One. This ESPN topic he created of inaccurate information should go into the YouTube section.

Again, this place is as dead as Madonna's Vagina so if you need Old Joys clutter to spark this place up, knock yourself out. I think it cheapens the place and lessens the boards integrity.... You just lost another active member here. Good Luck People!

Fair enough but you could use your words to make less authoritative and commanding. No one is going to listen to the guy barking orders and complaining about how the board isn't run the way he wants it.

"hey man, wouldn't it be better" versus "YOU NEED TO MOVE IT", see the difference? Regardless if you're going to stay STOP AMBUSHING THREADS.