Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Thierry 04-03-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119272)
And maybe, it's actually the best for everyone.

Yup I can finally start to save some money then.

DevilsSon 04-03-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1119270)
If The Edge couldn't play, do you guys think U2 would continue the shows? No.

Of course they would continue. In fact, I don't think the Edge was EVER able to play, yet they have been touring for over 30 years now.

Thierry 04-03-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119275)
Of course they would continue. In fact, I don't think the Edge could EVER play, yet they have been touring for over 30 years now.

Pada boom! Owned!

Rdkopper 04-03-2013 04:20 PM

First off and most important, I hope everything is ok in the Sambora camp. These guys are getting older, they are human, and they do have real problem like everyone else.

I just hope people could be mature and unselfish about this. Whatever issue Richie is dealing with, put yourself in his situation and apply it to your everyday career. If you had a personal issue to address, would you want others at your job to respect your decision? Or bash you behind your back?

I just hope this doesn't turn into a Jon pissing match. The guy always does his best and is caught between a rock and a hard place once again. No Richie does not = a JBJ and Friends show. There are 4 other members in Bon Jovi and Jon will get a professional replacement to perform Bon Jovi songs.

90% of the people will have the right attitude about the situation and will still find a ways to go and enjoy themselves. For the remaining 10%, there is always Stub-Hub. If you put your tickets up for face value or maybe just under, you should have no problems selling them.

I'm going to both New Meadowlands Stadium shows in July with a bunch of friends and I'll be sure as shit to have a good time regardless.

On a side note, I'm curious to see this Bon Jovi show with Jon on lead. I find these situations interesting because it kicks these guys in the ass and forces them to get off auto-pilot. You probably get a better show to some degree.

Beaky 04-03-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1119268)
Because the song choices and the backing band were actually crap? Does that mean we should suck up and say it was awesome where it wasn't that awesome to begin with? Wouldn't that be just a lie?

Read the thread mate, it was about people revelling in his failure... stop looking for a fight.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1119262)
You're right, you're totally fine with Richie leaving the band. Oh, and there's always the BSWJBJ board to go, as it seems a lot more appropriate for a person with your oppinions.

Have I missed something?

Where have I said I'm totally fine with Richie leaving the band? (which, just to be clear, I don't believe he has)

What opinions are you talking about?

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 04:25 PM

This kind of pisses me off, I have been to EVERY tour that they have done, this would be the first that my 10 yr old daughter is VERY excited to go to, and now Richie won't be there. I'm not even sure what the ban will sound like without him.

Thierry 04-03-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119278)
Read the thread mate, it was about people revelling in his failure... stop looking for a fight.

I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just being realistic. 0X

bjcrazycpa 04-03-2013 04:26 PM

I know he's been touring and recording with his own band The Drills. But, he would be the obvious choice. Not sure if they can get someone for tonight's show on such short notice but we'll see.

danfan 04-03-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119272)

Every now and then I think: 'God, you're such a moron and I am so happy people like you are nowhere near the circle of people I keep close'.

Why? Because I don't think substance abuse is a disease?

I'm not saying I don't have empathy for people with abuse problems. I just feel as though calling it a disease is an excuse. There has never been scientific evidence that points to anyone being forced to pick up a bottle of alcohol or needle of heroin. Now, of course once they start, quitting is a different story. Is that a disease? I don't know. Guess it depends on your opinion.