Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wanna call Richie on the phone? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68973)

Old Joysey 03-24-2015 09:28 PM

Wanna call Richie on the phone?

I know someone who either lost his mind or a bet. Or both. Or his TWT account has been hacked... or the intern is drunk... Whatever! :rofl:

Quote:

RICHIE SAMBORA ‏@TheRealSambora

Hey @Slash everyone's calling me but you! Call me 818 326 1500
Quote:

Guess I gotta change my number...

Javier 03-24-2015 09:37 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ohh Richie!! He's like a sad comedy show :D

Supersonic 03-24-2015 10:16 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1186307)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ohh Richie!! He's like a sad comedy show :D

His way of calling people out on Twitter (First Bonamassa, now Slash) is kind of pathetic. It's as if he tries to force people to play on his album, and it's really not the way these things are done. Besides, considering how Slash has done guest spots with Fergie and Cypress Hill it's kind of telling how interested he really is in Richie. I am expecting to hear Richie talk about the gigs he did with Slash though, once he'll start promoting this new album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 03-24-2015 10:42 PM

Hahaha what. He tweets he should change his number and two hours later posts it either not understanding it's not a direct message or....yeah I don't know. Wow.

EDIT: RICHIE SAMBORA @TheRealSambora · 5m 5 minutes ago
I thought it was a private tweet.. Maybe this will be the RS hotline? We'll see...

And the tweet has yet to be deleted. It's like his album leak all over again, all over not knowing how technology works.

Old Joysey 03-25-2015 09:17 PM

But he didn't explain "the wrong order" of his 2 tweets so it remains funny and illogical! Unless he tweeted Slash twice: first he sent him a direct message but on second thought he believed he had posted his phone number on his public page that's why he tweeted his "oops! fail!" message... then he retweeted Slash thinking this time it was a private tweet but it was a public one... or... oh shit! :silly:

What don't people use the telephone anymore?!

Captain_jovi 03-25-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186318)
But he didn't explain "the wrong order" of his 2 tweets so it remains funny and illogical! Unless he tweeted Slash twice: first he sent him a direct message but on second thought he believed he had posted his phone number on his public page that's why he tweeted his "oops! fail!" message... then he retweeted Slash thinking this time it was a private tweet but it was a public one... or... oh shit! :silly:

What don't people use the telephone anymore?!

Hahah that's probably exactly how it happened.

Alphavictim 03-26-2015 02:34 AM

Seriously, this better be a PR stunt. Otherwise, Richie's gotta be both too stupid to handle stuff like that himself and too proud/cheap/idiotic to ask other people to handle it for him.

Captain_jovi 03-26-2015 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1186321)
Seriously, this better be a PR stunt. Otherwise, Richie's gotta be both too stupid to handle stuff like that himself and too proud/cheap/idiotic to ask other people to handle it for him.

I don't know about the second half of that, he clearly has a PR team that tweets/facebooks for him. But he tends to supplement it with his own as well and it's always oh so clear when it's coming from him instead of his team. But stuff like this kinda proves he doesn't quite get how it works.

united17 03-26-2015 09:01 AM

So.....did anyone call? :D

Old Joysey 03-28-2015 05:41 PM

You bet some of his fans did! Some mentioned it on his TwT page, they want him to call them back of course!!! :lol:

Maybe now we should call to congrat the proud daddy! ;) What's the zone code for Calabasas???

Quote:

Ava Sambora ‏@avasamboraxxoo

Accepted to New York University!!!! #NYU2019
When you think he (said he) left the band to be closer to her and now she's going to Bonjoviland! Tsss! Kids are as ungrateful as cats! :rolleyes: :lol:

Becky 03-28-2015 09:03 PM

Don't diss cats by comparing them to kids! My cats are grateful for their food, clean litter, and shelter. Most kids I know don't even bother to say thank you when you do something nice for them anymore. Many are raised with a sense of entitlement.

Old Joysey 03-28-2015 09:45 PM

It's an old Italian proverb! ;)
Now how do you know your cats are grateful? Do they ever say"thank you"? Mine don't but my kids do!

Don't tell me about spoiled brats, I used to be a teacher, so I perfectly know! Once I worked in a private school for the rich CEOs' kids and many of those brats used to tell us teachers that we were their employees since their fathers paid tuition fees hence our salaries, that's why we couldn't give them orders, bad marks and punishments. Haha! Sorry kids but no, that's not the way things work in the real world!

Becky 03-28-2015 09:55 PM

In their way, they do. They fight over who sleeps on my chest (Andy usually wins). They give me kisses. They cuddle. They purr.

Kids on the other hand.... most of them seem to think that someone owes them something these days (like an I-phone with unlimited data).

semigoodlookin 03-29-2015 03:10 PM

Off topic I would say, but what the hell. Cats do not say thank you, even in their own little way. They act on instint all of the time and everything they do is a reaction to something and is behavrioual. He has no conscience thought to even know what gratitude is, let alone express it. Does it mean a human cannot have a close relationship with a cat? Far from it, but a mistake people always make is putting human emotions to an animal that is functioning purely on instinct.

Children are of course the opposite. I prefer cats.

rocknation 03-29-2015 05:33 PM

Dogs: My owners love and care for me. They must be gods.

Cats: My owners love and care for me. I must be a god.
As for Ava getting into NYU, don't think her family's bank account (a potential source of future alumni contributions) didn't have as much to do with it as her grades. Three generations of the George Bush family have gotten into Yale; Madonna's daughter has followed her to the University of Michigan; P Diddy's son is in Stanford (and on an athletic scholarship, no less!); Brooke Shields, one of the Menendez brothers, and Woody Allen's stepdaughter-turned-wife all went to Princeton: not that hard to do if you're that rich! On the other hand, what's going to be Ava's major? NYU does have a music business program...

Becky 03-29-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1186376)
Dogs: My owners love and care for me. They must be gods.

Cats: My owners love and care for me. I must be a god.
As for Ava getting into NYU, don't think her family's bank account (a potential source of future alumni contributions) didn't have as much to do with it as her grades. Three generations of the George Bush family have gotten into Yale; Madonna's daughter is in Michigan State; P Diddy's son is in Stanford (and on an athletic scholarship, no less!); Brooke Shields, one of the Menendez brothers, and Woody Allen's wife all went to Princeton: not that hard to do if you're that rich! On the other hand, what's going to Ava's major? NYU does have a music business program...

Someone posted a quote from Richie where he was bragging about Ava's GPA going up 2 points. Given that GPAs are on a 4 point scale, that means her GPA was abysmal to start with. So her overall GPA probably had very little to do with her getting into any school. (Or Richie's an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about--that's always a possibility.)

Old Joysey 03-29-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1186375)
Off topic I would say, but what the hell. Cats do not say thank you, even in their own little way. They act on instint all of the time and everything they do is a reaction to something and is behavrioual. He has no conscience thought to even know what gratitude is, let alone express it. Does it mean a human cannot have a close relationship with a cat? Far from it, but a mistake people always make is putting human emotions to an animal that is functioning purely on instinct.

Children are of course the opposite. I prefer cats.

I agree with you, especially with your last sentence... but don't tell my family! ;)

Old Joysey 03-29-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1186376)
As for Ava getting into NYU, don't think her family's bank account (a potential source of future alumni contributions) didn't have as much to do with it as her grades. Three generations of the George Bush family have gotten into Yale; Madonna's daughter is in Michigan State; P Diddy's son is in Stanford (and on an athletic scholarship, no less!); Brooke Shields, one of the Menendez brothers, and Woody Allen's wife all went to Princeton: not that hard to do if you're that rich! On the other hand, what's going to Ava's major? NYU does have a music business program...

I don't think that Ava's major will be music, she wants to be an actress, she already played in a movie and a TV series.

As for being accepted by several unis (she also mentioned Syracuse and Pepperdine), the same rule applies to Ori: she was a complete unknown until Richie picked her up. She had a smash hit single in 2012 but except for a few guitar nerds and Michael Jackson's fans, nobody knew her, including Richie and yet he's a professional guitarist so he should know his peers. But now that they're together she's getting an award here and an award there although she hadn't released a record in years and was just a hired gun among others in Alice Cooper's band! In Australia, who delivered the speech and presented the award to her? Richie! It was really weird! It's so obvious that he's pulling the strings that it's ridiculous. Now I have no problem with that, c'est la vie! Good for Ori if she manages to become a famous musician/artist that way (very unlikely if you want my POV).

Kathleen 03-29-2015 10:59 PM

Ava is probably going to Tisch School of the Arts -one of the colleges that make up NYU. My son went to NYU but not to Tisch.

Tisch is VERY hard to get into unless you are a celebrity's kid. My son had a friend who was a film maker who desperately wanted to go there - and his Dad taught at NYU. He didn't get in but he was accepted at USC Film School. Go figure.

rocknation 03-30-2015 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1186382)
Ava is probably going to Tisch School of the Arts...VERY hard to get into unless you are a celebrity's kid. My son had a friend who was a film maker who desperately wanted to go there - and his Dad taught at NYU. He didn't get in but he was accepted at USC Film School...

Bad move, dad -- in addition to tuition, you'll also have to put out for extra airfare, LOL!

TheOriginalJez 03-31-2015 01:31 PM

If Ava went for Music Business, as someone suggested, she'd be better off doing it in Oklahoma where my old school set up shop 'ACM@UCO'. But it'd be a wasted course - you don't get a job out of the degree, you get a job out of who you know and her dad is hot property, especially when he's ****ed off his head. As he always is.

I would imagine she went for fashion or acting, all of which is completely irrelevant really, all I wanted to post is how hilarious I find it that Americans are whining about "Ivy League" or equivalent colleges getting celebrities and politicians... try it in the UK - everyone who's anyone (including every single PM in history) went to either Eton or Harrow. And with them entry's all blood or money.

At least in the US you have scholarships that can get some brains through. Can't see Ava being the next HC of course but... hey...

Old Joysey 03-31-2015 04:49 PM

Oh c'mon people, leave the kid alone (*insert the "leave Britney alone" YT vid! :lol: ), of course she'll never have to work for a living, that's the fate of the rich and famous kids, so she can go to any univ and just enjoy herself in the Big Apple, who cares about degrees anyway?! Look at her dad and Jon: they each got a PhD although Richie spent only 2 years at college and didn't really study anything as he admitted and Jon hardly finished highschool, so relax, a degree is nothing but a mere piece of paper for some. C'est la vie!

She somehow reminds me of the Olsen twins...
https://youtu.be/AQhpInVYvD8

Now let's go back to making fun of Richie, he's an adult so it's alright and he's great joke-material! :D
So... Who's to comment on this poor spelling-challenged soul?

Quote:

Happy birthday @IamStevenT .. Your a living ledgend.. Lotsa love....RS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBZOirhVAAAqGoa.jpg

Quote:

Now what do don't see in that shot was Buddy Guy and John Lee Hooker onstage jammin with us too..

Disclaimer: this guy really cracks me up and since he won't post an audio snippet of his next album, we might as well be killing time laughing at/with him! ;)

Old Joysey 05-16-2015 07:27 PM

On a lighter note, in Richie's life today:

Quote:

Ava Sambora
‏@avasamboraxxoo

PROM IS TODAY!!!!

Quote:

Ava Sambora
‏@avasamboraxxoo May 14

Never been so stress free in my life

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life :D

https://youtu.be/L2Wx230gYJw

Captain_jovi 05-16-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1187885)
On a lighter note, in Richie's life today:

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life :D

https://youtu.be/L2Wx230gYJw

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this all keeps getting better and better.

Old Joysey 05-17-2015 04:07 PM

NB: the YT video is my "comment", not Ava's.

The day after:

Quote:

RICHIE SAMBORA
‏@TheRealSambora

My beautiful daughter... Prom day....💗💗💗💗from Papa
Quote:

Ava Sambora
‏@avasamboraxxoo

A very classy prom with the one and only

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFLGCLdVIAE6pJf.jpg