Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hope Concert (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68844)

Becky 12-24-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1184168)
Oh Yeah, cause donating 500 dollars to charity to see amateurs perform is a common occurrence.

It wasn't billed as "Jon Bon Jovi and Friends" as some shows have been billed in the past. You can't expect him to be out there for the majority of the show. It said he'd make an appearance and he made an appearance. You got what you were promised.

faith1985 12-24-2014 01:28 PM

'I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas' was very nice!!!
Why do people think Jon should stop making music because he doesn't fit in their favourite boxes anymore?

Old Joysey 12-24-2014 02:10 PM

Opener for Hope Concert VII with Bobby Bandiera - "Who Says." (very short)

http://youtu.be/EiHjzAKBluE

Rdkopper 12-24-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwehehehe (Post 1184170)
Is that played in its original key? There's also bits when Jon sounds younger than expected.

Totally agree. He did an amazing job with that one

Rdkopper 12-24-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1184171)
It wasn't billed as "Jon Bon Jovi and Friends" as some shows have been billed in the past. You can't expect him to be out there for the majority of the show. It said he'd make an appearance and he made an appearance. You got what you were promised.

Jon was showing up anyway. They used his name to push tickets because only half the place was sold out

Although I'm disappointed about the length of time, I'm more disappointed in Jon not hanging around to enjoy it. Bobby is always there for Jon. The one show per year that Bobby could use Jon, he's only there for 15 minutes. Why? There was a time when Jon would have hung around to jam with South Side. Bruce would never do a 15 minute set. I've been to a ton of these things in the past and a 15 minute set in Jersey is unacceptable.

Again my main complaint isn't feeling that I got ripped off because it is for charity. IMO it's just another notch in the belt that shows me how disconnected Jon is to being a passionate musician.

Rdkopper 12-24-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1184177)
Why do people think Jon should stop making music because he doesn't fit in their favourite boxes anymore?

YES....

But my take is, he doesn't have to stop making music. As a fan, I'm going to take a step back.

Things are annoying me that never did. The fact that he could almost nail a song like I Wish Everyday and then butcher a song like American Girl baffles me.

I just need a break and hopefully when the next release comes out, I'll be excited for it. Which should be Richie's album.

faith1985 12-24-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1184183)
YES....

But my take is, he doesn't have to stop making music. As a fan, I'm going to take a step back.

Things are annoying me that never did. The fact that he could almost nail a song like I Wish Everyday and then butcher a song like American Girl baffles me.

I just need a break and hopefully when the next release comes out, I'll be excited for it. Which should be Richie's album.

I hope that for you too!

Becky 12-24-2014 09:20 PM

Maybe Jon didn't "hang around to enjoy it" because his family is home. His son goes to Notre Dame and is on the football team, so he doesn't get to come home on the weekend. I know Jon attends as many games as he can, but it's hard for a parent when their kids are away at at college. You could ask my dad if he was still alive! Jon showed up and did his part, but I don't think you can fault him for not staying for the whole show when he probably wanted to be home with his family at Christmas time. I know this is just a theory on my part, but I think it's a pretty rational one. ;)

Rdkopper 12-24-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1184196)
Maybe Jon didn't "hang around to enjoy it" because his family is home. His son goes to Notre Dame and is on the football team, so he doesn't get to come home on the weekend. I know Jon attends as many games as he can, but it's hard for a parent when their kids are away at at college. You could ask my dad if he was still alive! Jon showed up and did his part, but I don't think you can fault him for not staying for the whole show when he probably wanted to be home with his family at Christmas time. I know this is just a theory on my part, but I think it's a pretty rational one. ;)

Or maybe Jon had to plug a promo for Big and Rich... it doesn't matter. If you commit to something, do it right. I've been 6 other Hope Concerts and this was by far, Jon's most disconnect one.

bjcrazycpa 12-24-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1184152)

I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57mzeA2dZEk

Just watching this one now…I so love this song!! Thank you for the link!!