Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What Do We Want In A New Album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68763)

Javier 10-24-2014 12:02 AM

I'd want them to try different things. A different producer, different songwriting partners and have a relaxed enough work ethic to the album that won't allow them to slack off to meet any deadlines, instead take their time, write it and record it together. Sure they're not getting any younger but the worlds isn't really begging them for another album or to go back on the road either. I've always wondered what would a Bon Jovi album produced by Butch Walked sound like?? Especially now that he's favoring so much the one or two takes more organic method of recording.

rembul 10-24-2014 04:23 AM

I think the songs they have been very acceptable by fans. and I am sure they will not be creating an album that is not weighted. so we look forward to it
http://amburadul101.tk/43/o.png

Belzik 10-24-2014 09:01 PM

Jon's voice isn't capable of the "rock" songs we grew up listening to. Like a previous poster said, the best thing you can get from his voice is emotion these days...not screams, not high pitches...unless altered dramatically in the studio.

I would prefer it if they took an alternative rock sound route and stop trying to beat a dead horse with the sound of music from Crush-What About Now. The band needs a shift musically, similar to New Jersey to Keep the Faith. I would prefer slower, melodic rock songs with emotion and lyrics that actually meant something (like the lyrics found on the These Days album).

I don't want political themed, working man, live your life music. Give me something showing the internal personal struggles the members of the band are going through...or songs written about the realization that they are getting older and reflecting on life. I'm not saying turn fully into Bon Iver or Ryan Adams, but give me music with depth and meaning. I thought Not Running Anymore was a step in the right direction, but still utilize the talents of the band members and let their respective instruments tell a story.

My two cents.

life_of_agony 10-26-2014 10:05 AM

I want an album that is reminiscent of the band that I grew up loving. A decent rock album that is not over produced. No more, no less.
But it ain't gonna happen. So I don't want a new album.

Fredrik 10-26-2014 02:36 PM

What I'd want to see in a new album couldn't be more simply put than one perfect word:

Passion.

DevilsSon 10-26-2014 03:05 PM

A new lead singer!

Rdkopper 10-26-2014 07:48 PM

What we want and what we'll get are two different things...

Jon is lo longer that rock star kid anymore. He is a 52 year old man who's priorities have completely shifted. He knows his capabilities and will no longer venture off into something of any risk.

Yes, more albums will come but don't expect too much of anything... Singer / Songwriter type of songs or something manufactured and overproduced. Nothing of passion or risk with come about. I hope I'm wrong but there are just so many factor that make it almost impossible for us to get anything similar to the music of the 80s or 90s.

Josie2013 10-26-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1182925)
What we want and what we'll get are two different things...

Jon is lo longer that rock star kid anymore. He is a 52 year old man who's priorities have completely shifted. He knows his capabilities and will no longer venture off into something of any risk.

Yes, more albums will come but don't expect too much of anything... Singer / Songwriter type of songs or something manufactured and overproduced. Nothing of passion or risk with come about. I hope I'm wrong but there are just so many factor that make it almost impossible for us to get anything similar to the music of the 80s or 90s.

Out of curiosity, why do you say this? What are his priorities? From reading your posts it seems like you know more than the average Joe on here. I've also said if you look at Jon from the 90's to the Jon of today, they are two completely different people but I can't really say why.

Josie2013 10-26-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1182855)
I'd have a lot of (probably unrealistic) wishes for it:

- Get back to the bar band groove of 5 guys playing live

- Organic and natural producion that can be reproduced live without any additional musicians

- No song with a "live your life", "get down/up off your knees" and no superficial songs that are begging for social relevance

- Coming from the above: the guys should write songs they believe in, to which they can relate and which mean something to them - if they can't do that anymore they shouldn't even enter the studio

- Get rid of recording on a drum computer and a Shanks-guitar-track with relying on the technology to fix everything afterwards: demo and rehearse it until it sounds good and then record it that way!

- Take breaks inbetween the recording sessions and then get back to it with some distance to judge the material better: no one expects them to be in the studio 24/7 anymore like they did for SWW or NJ

- Most importantly: Jon and Richie - get your shit together and bring back your A-Game! If the current state they're in (vocally or with regard to the sloppiness on the lead guitar) is in fact the best they're capable of delevering - don't waste our time, even Shanks won't fix that mess...

What he said.

nickolai 10-26-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1182855)
I'd have a lot of (probably unrealistic) wishes for it:

- Get back to the bar band groove of 5 guys playing live

- Organic and natural producion that can be reproduced live without any additional musicians

- No song with a "live your life", "get down/up off your knees" and no superficial songs that are begging for social relevance

- Coming from the above: the guys should write songs they believe in, to which they can relate and which mean something to them - if they can't do that anymore they shouldn't even enter the studio

- Get rid of recording on a drum computer and a Shanks-guitar-track with relying on the technology to fix everything afterwards: demo and rehearse it until it sounds good and then record it that way!

- Take breaks inbetween the recording sessions and then get back to it with some distance to judge the material better: no one expects them to be in the studio 24/7 anymore like they did for SWW or NJ

- Most importantly: Jon and Richie - get your shit together and bring back your A-Game! If the current state they're in (vocally or with regard to the sloppiness on the lead guitar) is in fact the best they're capable of delevering - don't waste our time, even Shanks won't fix that mess...

All of the above. And they'll get a bit of integrity back that has been lost in the last tour.