Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What "classic" Bon Jovi songs should now be sung acoustically? Or should Jon keep? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69652)

jovifan85 09-19-2016 02:24 PM

What "classic" Bon Jovi songs should now be sung acoustically? Or should Jon keep?

As Jon is getting older, what songs should be sung acoustically? Or he keep singing? Or Sing more of?

Livin' on a prayer: Since Jon blew his voice the first time, He couldn't sing this as well, or now he can't sing it at all. Acoustic, even if fans may prefer non acoustic.

Someday I'll be Saturday Night: It's rare for Jon to sing this as well as he used to. Acoustic I think

KTF: Doesn't sound that bad watching 2013 or 2015, I like to keep it

Blaze of Glory: Perhaps hard to sing, but hope to hear it again.

Dry County: I doubt Jon could sing it like 2010/11, but I hope to hear it again

Blood on Blood: Acoustic I think, as Jon struggles to sing it.

Stick to your Guns: Acoustic, perhaps?

Raise your Hands: Didn't sound that bad on 2013/or 2015 tour.

Wild is the Wind: OK Jon can't sing it like when he recorded it, but like to hear it again.

These Days: Yes Jon can't sing it like 1996, but watching 2013 live isn't that bad so hope he keeps singing it.

Superman Tonight: Acoustic, As Jon rarely sings this non-acoustically now, though love to hear non-acoustic.

Thorn in my side: Should play this more, not hard to sing.

Bells of Freedom: Love this song, not hard for Jon to sing.

I'm with You: Hope Jon sings more of this.

Bullet: Hope we hear this again

Live before you die: Should be played more.

Thick of Thieves: Love this, hope to hear Jon sing this more.

Room at the End of the World: Jon should play this more.

Joey: I like to hear it again.

Undivided: Should be played more.

Right Side of Wrong: Not hard for Jon to sing.

Thank you for loving me: Love to hear this, again.

One wild night: Perhaps hard for Jon to sing now.

I'll be there for you: He can't sing it like he used to, but hearing on 2013 tour it's passable.

Always: Acoustically.

Wild in the Streets: Not that hard, even with Jon's bad voice to sing?

Stuff off box-set 100,000,000 Bon Jovi fans can't be wrong.

Of course Fans may disagree, and of course I perhaps left songs, which fans may think he should sing more of or less or acoustically......

Walleris 09-19-2016 03:04 PM

It's not an 'electric vs. acoustic' thing. It's a 'which key' question. If anything, it's easier for Jon to hide his terrible voice in a wall of noise that comes from full band performances.

If we're solely using Jon's voice as a measuring stick, he should not only stop playing 'original versions' of all of their songs (even half step down).

Realistically, it would make sense for him to 'pull a Coverdale' and start playing most of their catalogue even lower than half-step down. I actually expected him to do that in 2015, but he didn't, so he probably is not going to do it now either. He thinks that all of his audience are idiots that can't hear how bad he sounds. Sadly, in many cases, he's almost correct.

Zani 09-19-2016 03:40 PM

Born to be my baby - LIS single version.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Jeeper 09-19-2016 03:48 PM

Megadeth downtuned a whole step to help Mustaine's vocals and some of the songs really suffered as a result.

Bleeding Purist 09-19-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1207162)
He thinks that all of his audience are idiots that can't hear how bad he sounds. Sadly, in many cases, he's almost correct.

Hmmm, I'm not sure this is true. I think he's maintained in the last two decades, and I agree, that he is more consistent in his delivery than even his hey days of the 80s, which were heavily dependent on taking a 'pryotechnics' approach where he'd hold back quite a bit during verses and even choruses while punctuating at unexpected (or expected) points in the songs. Blood On Blood was a good example of that in the 80's, but I think he ultimately began performing it more consistently through the entire song in the last two decades.

During his worst years on the Slippery Tour, he was very open about the state of his voice in interviews: talking about it being shot, but soldiering on and using audience participation as much as possible.

JerseyGiant 09-19-2016 07:57 PM

Interesting topic was gonna start something similar but with regards to the upcoming tour... Given the change in Jon's voice I'm all for acoustic performances of certain songs "I'll be There for You" deff! After that recent acoustic performance I really think that's the way to go on some songs (I'm prop in the majority but I really enjoyed that stripped back performance from the fan club trip) Why not have a special moment set aside for a few acoustic takes (Think Yoklohama 1996) I'm all for it... With regards to something like Always... altho it pains me to say it (and Jon to sing it) drop it.. I really can't have my favourite song butchered anymore I've been lucky to hear it live many times

Rdkopper 09-19-2016 10:15 PM

Acoustic = YES - - - TLFR = NO

The only problem with acoustic songs is, do they work well in a stadium setting?

jovifan85 09-19-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1207187)

The only problem with acoustic songs is, do they work well in a stadium setting?

Good Point. I rather hear Acoustic, than songs not being played.

JerseyGiant 09-19-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1207187)

Good point! Although, I can't remember which show? But on the Asian tour there's a video of Saturday night acoustic and the whole place is singing along.. gives me chills

jovifan85 09-19-2016 10:48 PM

Also the question is would fans accept Jon singing songs acoustically? Or not singing songs? Or badly singing the songs?

Livin' on a prayer makes sense acoustically nowadays, but Jon knows fans prefer the non-acoustic so he sings it. Always, is another example I like Acoustic, but fans don't like that so he sings it as the fans want to hear it, even though he knows he can't sing it. Of course there are many other examples.