Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

semigoodlookin 04-05-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1119861)
THIS. If Jon were the asshole that people around here make him out to be, he'd have a string of failed relationships and ex band members. He inspires deep loyalty from the people who surround him. He must be a good guy or people wouldn't keep coming back for more.

Love it, nicely chosen words.

He inspires loyalty!

We really should consider that, I mean there are a million bands that have crashed an burned when the financial motives would have made it better to stay. For some reason Jon has a pile of people working for him who stick around for years, the ones that do leave rarely speak of anything bad.

Are there examples of him being a dick? Or course, no one could go thirty years in the limelight without it and every person has a side to them that is not great, and powerful people can be ruthless. However, for the most part these guys are massively loyal to him, and it is not because he pays them.

And I am not a Jon can do no wrong, in terms of the Bon Jovi machine he does much wrong, as does Richie for that matter, but we simply do not know them so any opinion is just that. He could be a dick, he may be a great guy but there are loads of people here talking as a matter of fact.

Solid Sambora 04-05-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1119821)
So anyone around here can be offensive to evil Jon but it's not OK when it's about Richie? The truth is that though Jon isn't half the singer he used to be, the same goes with Sambora and his guitar skills. And yes AOTL is crap. You just need to read fan reviews talking about how it's genuine with heart and soul to understand it. When something is really good, you don't need to support it with such lousy arguments.

1. It's your comment about MS that is offensive, not the fact you're having a pop at Richie.

2. What on earth are you talking about? Lousy arguments? Positive fan reviews are proof that it's shit? Ok, YOU don't like AOTL, it's not an opinion that seems to be common here, if you want to convince people to agree with YOU, construct a decent argument.
I've seen some nonsensical posts on here before, but congratulations, you've taken it to a new level. If the Internet was a person, it would be on its fourth Ben & Jerry's of the day, wondering where it all went wrong.

ezearis 04-05-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1119883)
Ok, YOU don't like AOTL.

I don't like it either, is by far the most overrated record here. Everyone talks about Aftermath Of The Lowdown as the record of the ****ing millenium and is an average one with some good songs and some really bad ones.

Solid Sambora 04-05-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119885)
I don't like it either, is by far the most overrated record here. Everyone talks about Aftermath Of The Lowdown as the record of the ****ing millenium and is an average one with some good songs and some really bad ones.

Which is fair enough, I'm not having a go at anyone who doesn't like the record, that comes down to personal choice and taste.

LeaJovi 04-05-2013 02:13 AM

Can we please go back to the Richie being a Secret agent and got called from the CIA theory?

crashed 04-05-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1119891)
Can we please go back to the Richie being a Secret agent and got called from the CIA theory?

I thought he'd gone and joined a ninja clan and was being trained to assassinate Jon so he could keep all the money?

The Rock 04-05-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119760)
Is Phil X arrogant? I don't know the guy, I had never heard of him before this, and looking up youtube with him and Bon jovi, but he tweeted this:

Phil X ‏@TheRealPhilX 33m

it's like answering the BATphone only every 2 years.

I take it, that even he is finding the situation weird. I don't think he saw this coming where he would be filling in for Richie again. He must have thought those days are over but here we go again. It must be surreal for him.

CharlieShipley 04-05-2013 02:40 AM

I think it needs to be said and remembered that Richie remains a recovering substance abuser, plus whatever residual grief he may be dealing with. IN ADDITION to whatever has come up, he's got to take care of himself as a father and man first, rock star second. To quote a famous eccentric doctor, if Richie were to tour, "THE CONSEQUENCES COULD BE DISATROUS!!!!!!!1111"

Ill miss him in Denver though :/

GabrielC 04-05-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119823)
I know little of Phil X but I don't believe you're capable of being objective on this point. Not a dig, just an observation.

Some of the nonsense about US v European fans is laughable too. Grow the **** up lads and ladies. Stupid generalisations and I say that as a European.

Some of the Jon bashing is also disgraceful.

I don't get all the fight between USA and European fans. We all know South America fans are the best ones :lol:

Also, why everybody keep saying that its Jon's fault that Richie is not there? It's Tico's fault.

jon-flp 04-05-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1119900)
I don't get all the fight between USA and European fans. We all know South America fans are the best ones :lol:

Completely agree!!! :D