Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Fun & Games (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Lyric Quiz (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=59316)

bonjovi90 02-24-2014 11:59 AM

Lyric Quiz

Since the last "Guess the line..." thread seems to be gone for unknown reasons I thought it'd be time to start a new lyric quiz.
The difference this time is that you can post any kind of questions regarding the lyrics, whether it's giving a line and demanding the next or asking a question that might lead to a song...it's up to you...just what comes to your mind!

I'll give it a go:

The lyrics of these two songs start with the same name - go!

jovifan93 02-28-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1164167)
Since the last "Guess the line..." thread seems to be gone for unknown reasons I thought it'd be time to start a new lyric quiz.
The difference this time is that you can post any kind of questions regarding the lyrics, whether it's giving a line and demanding the next or asking a question that might lead to a song...it's up to you...just what comes to your mind!

I'll give it a go:

The lyrics of these two songs start with the same name - go!

I'd say: Shot Through The Heart from the first album and The More Things Change from the Greatest Hits. There probably are more though...

Next question: all songs with Tommy & Gina ;)

trevrox 11-12-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1165110)
I'd say: Shot Through The Heart from the first album and The More Things Change from the Greatest Hits. There probably are more though...

Wait... huh? I don't think this is correct

bonjovi90 02-10-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1183157)
Wait... huh? I don't think this is correct

It isn't, I don't get the thought of the answer either :D

The answer I was actually looking for: Wild in the Streets and Joey since both lyrics start with the same name: Joey!

bonjovi90 02-10-2015 02:28 PM

I'll go for the next one:

About this song:
- Jon said that there was a character called Steve, who was sort of the black sheep, and hence didn't make it into the song with his name
- he once altered a line during a live performance into "...and we swore we'd be Superman!"

Tell me the song! :D

Lampinen 03-03-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1185198)
I'll go for the next one:

About this song:
- Jon said that there was a character called Steve, who was sort of the black sheep, and hence didn't make it into the song with his name
- he once altered a line during a live performance into "...and we swore we'd be Superman!"

Tell me the song! :D

Since nobody else is biting, I'll give it a go :) Hmm... No clue actually, although that Superman line definetly rings a bell, I bet i've heard the live version. Could it be... Blood on blood?

bonjovi90 03-20-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampinen (Post 1185900)
Since nobody else is biting, I'll give it a go :) Hmm... No clue actually, although that Superman line definetly rings a bell, I bet i've heard the live version. Could it be... Blood on blood?

You've nailed it! It's Blood On Blood - the performance with the Superman line was done in Chicago 1989. Used to be on YT, but can't find it right now. The version with him talking about Steve can be found here:

bonjovi90 03-20-2015 01:04 AM

I'll add another one:

These two songs both feature phrases with "pot of gold" and "rainbow" and they've been used in the same or the subsequent line each time.
Name them! :)

Faceman 04-07-2015 06:00 PM

Who says you can't go home and Good guys don't always wear white!

Faceman 04-07-2015 06:57 PM

Well, I guess since there's no doubt about my answer, I'll take another shot :D:

Both songs feature the line "old tattoo"

Go!