Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi and KOS charity show July 30th at Count Basie (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68614)

Kathleen 07-31-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1180795)
So we're all in agreement it's 1-0 to Jon then!

Rolo's been very quiet

In all honestly, I am a Bon Jovi fan and that includes Richie. I certainly enjoyed Jon's solo show more though. And I think part of it is that Jon is a lead singer and entertainer and Richie isn't. Richie has not spent the last 30 years as the front man. Richie is an excellent guitarist and that is what he has spent the last 30 years being. He may well transform himself into a front man but he is not there yet.

bjcrazycpa 07-31-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1180796)
In all honestly, I am a Bon Jovi fan and that includes Richie. I certainly enjoyed Jon's solo show more though. And I think part of it is that Jon is a lead singer and entertainer and Richie isn't. Richie has not spent the last 30 years as the front man. Richie is an excellent guitarist and that is what he has spent the last 30 years being. He may well transform himself into a front man but he is not there yet.

Seeing as I was at both shows as well I'd agree with this assessment.

Rdkopper 07-31-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1180794)
Nothing could have been further from the reality. This was a high energy show that I thoroughly enjoyed. Yes there were a lot of covers but for me, who has seen far too many Bon Jovi shows over the years (along with the static setlists) I loved that the show was completely different.

I am also a Southside Johnny fan so I was delighted that he was here. When he and Jon did Talk to Me I was blown away. Those of you that know me may remember my "Talk to Me" uploads to Dime from old tapes of Southside.

And I have to give a big hand to Lorenza on Baba O'Reilly. As far as I'm concerned she gets the "solo of the evening" award. It was spectacular.

Jon does not have upper register that he once had and he sounds far better when he really uses the octaves that now suit him best. In those octaves he still sounds wonderful and probably better than he did in the 80s when trying to sing low.

Ending the show with American Pie was icing on the cake and a complete surprise. When was the last time you were surprised at a Jovi concert?

I agree with this 100%

I've been watching Jon sing the same songs over and over again for X years so I don't mind seeing him do some covers. It's a nice change and brings in something new, especially live.

'Talk to Me' was great and Jon sounded amazing during his verses. I really hope we get a soundboard of this one too. On a side note: Southside looked pretty dam good too. He looks like he lost some weight and got his 80's hairstyle back. The guy is 65 and still performs better than Jon and Bruce put together.

Lorenza on Baba O'Reilly was fantastic.

And finally, I don't get how all of a sudden, Jon's singing is so much better. He didn't seem as twangy either. Yes, his upper is gone but on certain songs, he was a pleasure to listen to.

Again! Great Night! I was so anti KOS but there was definitely a magic in the night for this one.

Oh Yea! American Pie was next to Brilliant! JBJ is coming back.

Sissy3 07-31-2014 09:21 PM

Glad everyone had a good time, Jon seemed to be having fun, too. :D

DevilsSon 07-31-2014 10:32 PM

I have never seen a Jon solo show ever and Richie I've only seen once, in 2012. But whoever thinks one can compare a Richie solo show with a KOS show is crazy. I mean, I have seen amazing PUB bands sound better than those youtube clips I've seen of Jon doing American Pie. In fact, I've just come back from some random Hard Rock Cafe gig and I swear, the band played 80% the same setlist as KOS and both their guitarist and their like 3 frontmen and one front woman were singing better than Jon Bon. But whatever, you were there so it must have been a better show. I was not so what do I know. Still, it makes me seriously question you're common sense. Uffff....

crashed 07-31-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1180800)
I have never seen a Jon solo show ever and Richie I've only seen once, in 2012. But whoever thinks one can compare a Richie solo show with a KOS show is crazy. I mean, I have seen amazing PUB bands sound better than those youtube clips I've seen of Jon doing American Pie. In fact, I've just come back from some random Hard Rock Cafe gig and I swear, the band played 80% the same setlist as KOS and both their guitarist and their like 3 frontmen and one front woman were singing better than Jon Bon. But whatever, you were there so it must have been a better show. I was not so what do I know. Still, it makes me seriously question you're common sense. Uffff....

Ah, but the pub show probably sounded better because you were there and not watching it on you tube :)

Rdkopper 08-01-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1180801)
Ah, but the pub show probably sounded better because you were there and not watching it on you tube :)

You're right! Watch that same Pub Show on YouTube and I bet you'd question if it was the same show.

united17 08-01-2014 11:27 AM

I commented on Jon's chicken wing arms during the tour and how he used to look so buff during the HAND tour, looks like he's done some lifting. :D

Rdkopper 08-03-2014 04:43 AM

Live web video of the entire show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi6v...ature=youtu.be

SuperBrad 08-03-2014 09:42 AM

Jesus ........ So thats whats become of my beloved bon jovi . Sad , shite . At least Richie is still trying to live the old school rock n roll dream ..... Omfg that is just boring b grade .... Bobby needs to lay off the hamburgers too .