Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Richie Sambora to debut new song at Toms River drug forum 5/27 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68550)

rocknation 05-27-2014 08:36 PM

Richie Sambora to debut new song at Toms River drug forum 5/27

Richie Sambora to debut new song at Toms River drug forum
NJ.com: Richie Sambora, who has struggled with drug abuse in the past, will perform at a Toms River drug forum later this month designed to combat overdoses from heroin and prescription painkillers.

A spokesman for the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office says Sambora, who grew up in Woodbridge and appears to be on leave from Bon Jovi since dropping out of the band's last tour, was inspired to write a new song for the May 27 event after attending a previous drug forum in Ocean County.

"He felt the first thing he needed to do was make people aware of the people that were dying," says spokesman Al Della Fave.

Thanks to Sambora's participation, organizers are expecting as many as 5,000 people to attend the forum at Pine Belt Arena, which also includes presentations by Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph D. Coronato, Douglas S. Collier, the drug initiative coordinator for the state Attorney General's Office, Nancy Joyce of CanUHearMe.org, whose daughter died from a drug overdose, and the Morella family of West Milford, whose son, Jesse, suffered severe brain damage after snorting heroin when he was 15. It was his first time using the drug.

"Richie Sambora's participation will help us reach a far greater audience with a true and lasting message regarding the tragic consequences of drug addition," Coronato says.

The drug epidemic may be turning the corner at the Jersey Shore; there were 47 drug overdoses in the first five months of the year in 2013, and this year, the number is down to 26, though Della Fave says, "We're not pounding our chest yet."

The forum, titled "Can We Talk ... Are you Listening?" is for parents, guardians and students, although anyone can attend. Those interested should register here . It's free but tickets are limited.

The event is from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. There will be food vendors and food trucks outside the arena, and an anti-drug presentation by bicycle stunt rider Chris Clark.

SuperBrad 05-27-2014 09:39 PM

Cool , so this is happening in the next few hours .... I wonder if its a ballad or a rocker .....,

SuperBrad 05-27-2014 09:44 PM

Going by the pic he just tweeted , it will involve a choir !

rocknation 05-28-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1177138)
Going by the pic he just tweeted , it will involve a choir !

There are a couple of videos on his Facebook page. As soon as an RSS feed of a review is posted, I'll add it to YourHHRSnews.com.

Captain_jovi 05-28-2014 06:07 AM

Loved that clip of Prayer, cool arrangement. The Answer is great so far, I'm loving this.

rocknation 05-28-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1177148)
As soon as someone post an RSS feed of a review, I'll add it to YourHHRSnews.com.

Mission accomplished, LOL -- and if you're geo-blocked from the video, let me know and I'll try putting it in my own Web space.

Bon Jovi guitarist heads Toms River forum on drug abuse

Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora…a New Jersey native…drew on his own past in debuting a song at a Toms River New Jersey forum on drug abuse...

Sambora unveiled a song he wrote called Lighthouse, about providing hope to people mired in addiction...Lighthouse will be sold on iTunes, with proceeds going toward a drug treatment facility...

Sambora said drugs had nothing to do with his departure from Bon Jovi last year. He said the band tried to do too much too soon and he needed a break from the pace...

Rdkopper 05-28-2014 06:13 AM

Lighthouse...... Name of new song

Dave88 05-28-2014 08:46 AM

Full setlist:

1. Lean On Me (with Manchester Choir)
2. Livin' On A Prayer (with Manchester Choir)
3. Lighthouse (with Manchester Choir)
4. Every Road Leads Home To You
5. Wanted Dead Or Alive
6. Seven Years Gone
7. Storybook Story (Willy DeVille cover)
8. I'll Be There For You
9. The Answer (feat. Bruce Foster on keyboards)
10. These Days
11. Takin' A Chance On The Wind

bwehehehe 05-28-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1177157)
Full setlist:

5. Wanted Dead Or Alive
6. Seven Years Gone
8. I'll Be There For You
10. These Days

Good to hear Who Says wasn't played.

bonjovi90 05-28-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1177157)
Full setlist:

5. Wanted Dead Or Alive
6. Seven Years Gone
8. I'll Be There For You
10. These Days

That's a setlist I surely would've enjoyed!