Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovifan93 05-20-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1131011)
Holy Shit, did Jon really just say that?! The gloves are coming off.
So, Edge is more vital to U2 than Richie is to Bon Jovi? (whether it's true or not is besides the point, it's very insulting to a band member and 'friend' to say something like that to the media. He's definitely trying to put pressure on Richie to make his decision)

It's almost like saying a female friend of yours is hotter than your own girlfriend ( which of course may well be true, but ffs there's some things you don't say..in public!) Ok, so it's nothing like that, but you get my feelings on the matter.

So in Jon's opinion Richie can either admit that he wants to rejoin the band or that he ''hates his brother and is gonna quit the band''?

Hmmm... ultimatum anybody?

Andi

Most definitely, wouldn't you say? ;-)

And regarding The Edge - I think (partially) he was referring to all that crazy delay and other effects stuff that The Edge uses all the time, which indeed isn't anywhere near as "replaceable" as the stuff Richie plays in BJ songs. But of course it's harsh and provocating and probably meant this way...

Beaky 05-20-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1131022)
This is a deliberate dig alright. Jon is far too media savvy to just say something like this off the top of his head.

It'd be great if there is a public slanging match. I'm too far past caring about the future of the band and their reputation or anything. It would be the most interesting output we've had from this band since the 90s.

Yep. To be honest, they've had the loyalty of so many fans that haven't really enjoyed their output for so long; and they've never paid the price for complacency.

Now, they are.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-20-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1131025)

And regarding The Edge - I think (partially) he was referring to all that crazy delay and other effects stuff that The Edge uses all the time, which indeed isn't anywhere near as "replaceable" as the stuff Richie plays in BJ songs. But of course it's harsh and provocating and probably meant this way...

Yeah, but it probably reflects just as much on the type and style of music that Jon writes and plays, that 'anybody' could play it...a trained chimp could play most of what's on WAN for example.
But yeah, it's still definitely added a whole new sinister slant to this little soap opera ..

Andi

jessycardy 05-20-2013 05:33 PM

The whole interview sounds like him complaining and being pissed at everybody. It's either a case of the old UK tabloid equals newspaper or one of Jon in a very bad mood. In any case, it seems rather forced to me. I'm sure they talked about a million things, but the reporter purposely decided to put it all together to make Jon look like an old grumpy asshole, which seems to be rather the fashion in the UK.

About Richie. Again, I don't know if these quotes are legit or not. If they are, Jon's royally pissed and wants Richie to spill the beans at once. And if they are, it doesn't seem to me like something alcohol-related - at least not entirely - because he's really making it sound like Richie just hates him or wouldn't bother to play with the band or something. I don't know, really. All I know is, if this account is true (can't stress it enough), then it's all really going downhill by the minute.

Lost_Faith 05-20-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131030)
All I know is, if this is true (can't stress it enough), then it's really going downhill by the minute.

It has already begun since RS left

eddie73 05-20-2013 05:36 PM

Yep, big time. I think Jon is seeing the ticket sales fall off a cliff and is getting rather hacked off with Sambora.

But he will still say hes sold out every gig!, sell out world tour. To be honest im past caring now and have even given my tickets away, its a shambles !

Havnt listened to WAN for weeks i have no desire to anymore. Instead i have been going back to my first music icon , ADAM ANT Get his new album folks promise you no other artist has ever sounded like him, no one ever will. He has not copied anybody to be mainstreamand the fans are flocking to his shows. The best live tour in the last 2 years

Lost_Faith 05-20-2013 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=eddie73;1131034]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131016)
Yep, big time. I think Jon is seeing the ticket sales fall off a cliff and is getting rather hacked off with Sambora.

The sales were already bad enough the last tours - despite their "sold out" messages everywhere last time they were in Europe.

It got to a point where the only sell good tickets in cities they have a reputation like Munich.

The backlash has started. They stopped catering for loyal ROCK fans and the casual audience is not prepared for BJ every two years. Simple fact!

jessycardy 05-20-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost_Faith (Post 1131033)
It has already begun since RS left

Undoubtedly.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 05:56 PM

Jon is a ****ing arrogant. He says proudly that they are a brotherhood, but the sad fact is that Jon is a tyrant and an egocentric.

This is the TRUE Bon Jovi.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/314...onofrichie.jpg
The Passion of Richie.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131044)
Jon is a ****ing arrogant. He says proudly that they are a brotherhood, but the sad fact is that Jon is a tyrant and an egocentric.

This is the TRUE Bon Jovi.

The Passion of Richie.

I was actually doing the countdown till this kind of posts would start. Give me a break. Jon said what everybody's been saying for 6 weeks on this thread. IF he said it. And we still don't know shit. You kept telling us how we should "WAIT", well, why don't you wait as well before pointing fingers?

Captain_jovi 05-20-2013 06:03 PM

Richie bails the day of the show and Jon is the arrogant ass? You've got Richie so high on your pedestal that basic facts are just passing you by.

Walleris 05-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1131048)
Richie bails the day of the show and Jon is the arrogant ass? You've got Richie so high on your pedestal that basic facts are just passing you by.

This.

'I hate how evil Jon is holding Richie's amazing talents down' is another good one.

I just realised you were refering to rolo. I think he was joking based on his previous posts, but it does represent a popular viewpoint here.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131046)
I was actually doing the countdown till this kind of posts would start. Give me a break. Jon said what everybody's been saying for 6 weeks on this thread. IF he said it. And we still don't know shit. You kept telling us how we should "WAIT", well, why don't you wait as well before pointing fingers?

I'm still waiting.

Jon has seriously insulted his "brother" Richie and has underrated him as a musician with the comparison of The Edge from U2.

I think this fact deserves a response. Jon has gone too far.

Beaky 05-20-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131046)

I think what he's getting at is that the direction of the band has driven a lot of fans away, it's not just a sense of apathy over the Richie situation. They aren't getting new fans at the rate they used to and they are losing the old ones. As much as people defend the band's output, you can see it on these boards, it's not got enough substance to it to sustain the following they had even just five years ago. I think a lot of this is because Jon has his head up his arse.

I used to mock Bono and U2 for some of their output, taking their fans for granted and releasing sh*t like 'Lemon'... but they listened to their core fanbase and went back to what they do best.

What's left? A great, big, rock 'n' roll show... not anymore. Jon plays guitar on anywhere between 11 and 14 songs per night now and the rest he stands there and strangles the mic stand.

DevilsSon 05-20-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1131048)

Not sure why that upsets you, when, Jon says stuff like The Edge is not replaceable, God forbid, but Richie is. That probably explains the quality of the junk he's been releasing for years and years. Or he must be deaf. Here's a replacement! I would take Bill Bailey over The Edge any day :D

Mysterytrain 05-20-2013 06:19 PM

The Edge comment was insulting, no doubt, but you could also say Jon might have used that comparison to light a fire under Richie; same with the last comment, where he says you either get yourself together and thrive or say "I hate my brother' and leave the band.

It reads to me like a last-ditch effort to get Richie to 'wake up' and, barring that, an ultimatum to stay or to leave. Both are by design imo, to get a response from Richie.

Walleris 05-20-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alessiasambo (Post 1130987)
Another interview where Jon talks about Richie (after slamming Justin Bieber for unprofessional behaviour and disrespecting his fans)

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...s-8623519.html

Bon Jovi come to Hyde Park on July 5 for their gig at the Barclaycard British Summer Time festival, but will be without guitarist Richie Sambora, who has pulled out of their tour.

Jon hinted that the reason may be the same as in 2011, when Sambora missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

He said: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this — it’s for personal reasons. He’s been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.

“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in.

“You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

This is sounding just worse and worse. :c

I really hope that The Edge comparison was taken out of context and badly printed. Knowing how Jon speaks in interviews if he actually said that it is similar and Richie would be as hard to replace as The Edge.

However, the rest of the interview is on the spot. As much as I hate this situation, I completely understand Jon being upset with Richie continuing his silence, which does nothing but harm to the rest of the band.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1131053)
Not sure why that upsets you, when, Jon says stuff like The Edge is not replaceable, God forbid, but Richie is. That probably explains the quality of the junk he's been releasing for years and years. Or he must be deaf. Here's a replacement! I would take Bill Bailey over The Edge any day :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

You are the deaf and blind also. Most of the songs are co-written by Richie Sambora, including big hits.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131052)
I think what he's getting at is that the direction of the band has driven a lot of fans away, it's not just a sense of apathy over the Richie situation. They aren't getting new fans at the rate they used to and they are losing the old ones. As much as people defend the band's output, you can see it on these boards, it's not got enough substance to it to sustain the following they had even just five years ago. I think a lot of this is because Jon has his head up his arse.

I used to mock Bono and U2 for some of their output, taking their fans for granted and releasing sh*t like 'Lemon'... but they listened to their core fanbase and went back to what they do best.

What's left? A great, big, rock 'n' roll show... not anymore. Jon plays guitar on anywhere between 11 and 14 songs per night now and the rest he stands there and strangles the mic stand.

This topic's been discussed to death in other threads, but Rolo was referring to Jon's supposed quotes from the last interview.

About what you mentioned, sure, something's definitely broken. I don't know what it is. At the end of the day, I like their latest efforts. But even those of us that like them still long for that passion, those solos or whatever. And yeah, they're surely not getting any new fanbase, but the big problem is they're losing some of the die-hards. I don't know what the "Richie thing" is all about, but it'll probably lead to some big changes, 'cause this wound is really getting so bad that it will leave a scar.

DevilsSon 05-20-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131057)
You are the deaf and blind also. Most of the songs are co-written by Richie Sambora, including big hits.

Dude! Read again what I wrote. Put it in Google Translate needed be and then start insulting people.

Bill23 05-20-2013 06:37 PM

This could get good if Richie returns fire at Jon. Balls clearly in his court.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1131063)
Dude! Read again what I wrote. Put it in Google Translate needed be and then start insulting people.

Sorry, you was referring to Jon. Sorry.

MrNickel 05-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1131056)
I really hope that The Edge comparison was taken out of context and badly printed. Knowing how Jon speaks in interviews if he actually said that it is similar and Richie would be as hard to replace as The Edge.

I don't think its out of context. Jon has said several times recently that Phil X was there to replace Richie and he sounded just as good.

Beaky 05-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131062)
This topic's been discussed to death in other threads, but Rolo was referring to Jon's supposed quotes from the last interview.

To be fair, if being 'discussed to death' was a reason not to post something... this entire thread would have stopped a LONG time ago...

Also, as a fan of the new stuff, you should surely be used to hearing the same stuff over and over again, just with a slightly different words ;)

You'll notice I didn't think that was what Rolo meant, hence my comment. Easily done. Just trying to stick up for him before the Pro-Jon's tear him to shreds.

MrNickel 05-20-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1131066)
This could get good if Richie returns fire at Jon. Balls clearly in his court.

Richie has no balls these days.

I'm starting to think there is no proper reason for him not being there, which is why they label it personal. He simply doesn't want to be there anymore.

_TxIkI_ 05-20-2013 06:47 PM

And now Im asking to myself.... what about all the stuff that Obie said in the last few shows? Did he lie? Was this interview made a long time ago and was written now?

I dont know what to think, this all seems wrong

Walleris 05-20-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131069)
I don't think its out of context. Jon has said several times recently that Phil X was there to replace Richie and he sounded just as good.

Yes, but what do you expect him to say instead? "The shows have suffered greatly, Richie's replacement struggles on several songs and his backing vocals are nowhere near Richie's". Those press conferences are aimed at casual fans, who wouldn't feel the difference anyway. Jon would always add him how they miss Richie ''very much". UNTIL THE EDGE REFERENCE he did sound very supportive.

Slakk 05-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131007)
If Jon actually thought Richie was replacable, he would have fired him. Instead, he is basically begging for Richie to return by calling him out in interviews. It's like he is daring Richie to respond. Pretty sad that they're only communicating through interviews. Jon keeps saying they didn't have a fight, but both of their behaviours prove otherwise. Actions speak louder than words.

This +100000000000000

I think Richie is in a bad place man made or whatever and being called out. If Jon wanted to fire him he would have done so. I mean any other band would fire a guy who has bailed this many times.

Everyone else grew up, seems Richie may be gone permanently soon.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131070)
To be fair, if being 'discussed to death' was a reason not to post something... this entire thread would have stopped a LONG time ago...

Also, as a fan of the new stuff, you should surely be used to hearing the same stuff over and over again, just with a slightly different words ;)

You'll notice I didn't think that was what Rolo meant, hence my comment. Easily done. Just trying to stick up for him before the Pro-Jon's tear him to shreds.

Woah, slow down here. LOL

I didn't say that a topic being discussed to death is not worth discussing, I was just saying the whole old vs. new has been discussed elsewhere, I think it's got its own thread as well. And that's absolutely not to say it's not okay/worth/appropriate to discuss it here as well, I was just making the point that Rolo was talking about the interview. And he even confirmed it in his next post.

I'm not sure defining me a fan of the new stuff is appropriate. It almost sounds like I prefer the new stuff over the old one, I don't. I just don't mind the new stuff. Would I jump up and down in excitement if they brought some of the old passion to their new stuff? You can bet on it. Do I miss it somehow? Sure. Do I hate the latest releases? Not at all.

Also, my point to Rolo was exactly that: why should there be "pro-Jon" or "pro-Richie" about this, before we even know anything? I say, let's judge the facts. Unfortunately, we don't have many of those so far.

Kathleen 05-20-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131083)

Also, my point to Rolo was exactly that: why should there be "pro-Jon" or "pro-Richie" about this, before we even know anything? I say, let's judge the facts. Unfortunately, we don't have many of those so far.

The facts are that Richie bailed on a tour with a few hours notice to his "brothers". Additional facts are that this is not the first time.

Jon is not to blame here - at least not professionally. None of us know what has gone on behind the scenes.

And yes - I think Jon is frustrated and is starting to lash out hoping to get a reaction out of Richie. Keep in mind that the rest of the band (not just Jon) is paying for Richie's behavior.

Bounce7800 05-20-2013 07:03 PM

Given the amount of stories coming into the UK press, it looks like Jon has done one of his favourite hotel room junkets for the British press, and after everyone comes and asks him about Richie, the mask of pretence has slipped and he has let slip a bit more than he has done previously. It's what I've said before about him doing these and why he looks so miserable in certain interviews, get asked the same question over and over and eventually he will break.

The end of this tour couldn't come soon enough there's a lot of patching up to be done on all sides to this, no-one is coming out of it particularly well at all.

SadieLady 05-20-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1131089)
The end of this tour couldn't come soon enough there's a lot of patching up to be done on all sides to this, no-one is coming out of it particularly well at all.

When the band broke apart at the end of the New Jersey tour and didn't see or talk to each other for a couple of years, Jon called in a mediator, got everyone together and they talked through their issues with each other. With the 10-day break, it is time to do so again. You don't get anywhere by not communicating.

And I do think it is time for Richie to either rejoin or resign.

CKatz 05-20-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1131096)
When the band broke apart at the end of the New Jersey tour and didn't see or talk to each other for a couple of years, Jon called in a mediator, got everyone together and they talked through their issues with each other. With the 10-day break, it is time to do so again. You don't get anywhere by not communicating.

I totally agree with bringing in a mediator again. The sooner the better. It worked for them before, so why not?

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131051)
I'm still waiting.

Jon has seriously insulted his "brother" Richie and has underrated him as a musician with the comparison of The Edge from U2.

I think this fact deserves a response. Jon has gone too far.

Richie seriously insulted his "brother" the band and his fans when he walked off the tour. He deserves whatever he gets.

crashed 05-20-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131101)
Richie seriously insulted his "brother" the band and his fans when he walked off the tour. He deserves whatever he gets.

I can only agree with this at the moment.

WillRunForChocolate 05-20-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1131096)

This.

So help me God, if Richie comes out with one of his goofy tweets and doesn't address the issue soon I will just shoot myself. No wonder Jon's pissed. No need for me to repeat what others have said, but it's time for Richie to man up and make a statement. Any sympathy I had toward him is gone.

crashed 05-20-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131099)
I totally agree with bringing in a mediator again. The sooner the better. It worked for them before, so why not?

Their a lot older and I think has been clear from the participation of band members on the new album, they don't really NEED the band anymore - they all have other interests and I get the impression it's only Jon who has the serious drive to keep the band going.

LeaJovi 05-20-2013 07:37 PM

Wow, some people really need to prioritize their life better.

Richie is a grown adult with no contractual obligation to you or anybody but the band. He will make a statement if he wants to.

You guys DEMAND an explanation? Don't make me laugh.

It's time for him to rejoin or resign? Yeah you surely know what has to be done.

I miss the Sambongo jokes and the conspiracy theories. This thread has become pitiful and full or resentfulness.

Bill23 05-20-2013 07:38 PM

Am I stating the obvious when I say this will be the last 'Bon Jovi' tour for atleast 5 years?

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1131111)
Am I stating the obvious when I say this will be the last 'Bon Jovi' tour for atleast 5 years?

One can only hope.