Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RonJovi 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1124846)
He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.

You're right in prinicple but we still don't know what's going on that's caused this.

Bit harsh to judge until we do.

If Jon and the band have Richie back without any complaints or problems, then this was probably a genuine unavoidable problem and absence. Be patient.

nrm123 04-26-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124854)
Be patient.

Be patient! This thread is over 200 pages and its been a month with no word what so ever and you're saying be patient!

Beaky 04-26-2013 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Matt didn't seem to be so sure about whether Richie would be in SA if you see below.

Before anyone says 'I don't read it like that,' that's fine. My personal view is, if you KNOW Richie is coming back in May, you wouldn't have to ask someone where they'd seen it saying otherwise and have to go there and check. You'd take the opportunity to say something to get everyone buzzing, like...

'Don't know where you get this from, Richie is coming back for the next leg and we can't wait to have him back!'

Again though, could just be an example of Matt have zero PR experience...

jovifan93 04-26-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124864)
Matt didn't seem to be so sure about whether Richie would be in SA if you see below.

Before anyone says 'I don't read it like that,' that's fine. My personal view is, if you KNOW Richie is coming back in May, you wouldn't have to ask someone where they'd seen it saying otherwise and have to go there and check. You'd take the opportunity to say something to get everyone buzzing, like...

'Don't know where you get this from, Richie is coming back for the next leg and we can't wait to have him back!'

Though he's right, that Norman guy in the interview only states that Richie is a member of the honorary board or something, not that he will be there, let alone perform. Just gotta listen closely, missed that on first listen myself ;-)

I agree that a more precise statement would help though...

Walkerboy 04-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1124866)
Though he's right, that Norman guy in the interview only states that Richie is a member of the honorary board or something, not that he will be there, let alone perform. Just gotta listen closely, missed that on first listen myself ;-)

That's what I pointed out on here last night..... At no point is it stated in that video that he's playing at the awards night. Either that or Dick Van Dyke is also set to perform!

CKatz 04-26-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124864)

I read it the same way. It doesn't sound like they know when Richie will be back or what his plans are. David and Tico said in that Austrian interview that they didn't know, too.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-26-2013 01:23 PM

edit: someone else posted about Richies tweet..... I blame the time zones! lol

Living_on_my_Hair 04-26-2013 01:28 PM

^^ Old news, but you can be forgiven for not wanting to search back through this epic thread! You'd be here for hours..days..eons even

Andi

EDIT- now you've deleted it, trying to make me look silly. Curse you, damn viking

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-26-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1124873)
^^ Old news, but you can be forgiven for not wanting to search back through this epic thread! You'd be here for hours..days..eons even

Andi

EDIT- now you've deleted it, trying to make me look silly. Curse you, damn viking

I edited before you'd finished posting this, so nope. And you are silly, old news :)

Anyways, I did search through the thread, or I wouldn't have found the other post 3 pages back!

That does seem like Richie's typing doesnt it?

RSROCKS 04-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.

All of that hate is based on someone else's speculation. You have no better idea than anyone else why he is not on tour, so let's save the Richie is satan thing until he comes out and says, "**** you Lisa. I just wanted to hang out with my family". Then I guess it's safe to call him Satan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1124695)
So during all this time he couldn't look at the videos but tonight he is. I still am waiting for up say sorry for not being at the shows.

I'm also waiting for a sorry from Jon for turning this band into a washed up, over-produced, piece of shit. I'll probably get my apology right after you get your apology from Richie.

jbjhand 04-26-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

None of us know why Richie has done this but he is obviously not the kind of guy to say FU to his fans. Whatever the reason, it is not just cause he didn’t feel like it.

Whilst we are speculating I do wonder whether some people ever look at anything but Jon’s ass.

Try checking out some of the faces he pulls at the other band members the second they make the slightest mistake. For example (and im sure we could start an entire new thread on the topic) Hull 2006, Jon was a total arse all night long, if Tico had laid him out that night I wouldn’t have blamed him. What about the other week when Jon totally humiliated Dave into doing the intro to Old Time Rock n Roll over and over until he abandoned it altogether. I’ve seen him throw Richie plenty of stink eyes over the years. The fuss Jon caused when Richie’s amp blew out in London was ridiculous, like Richie had done it on purpose.

Maybe he just got sick of working for the CEO of a major corporation, and the tension and atmosphere Jon seems to enjoy creating…

That could all be BS but if I was Richie there has been plenty of times I would have at least flipped the finger at Jon.

CKatz 04-26-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1124877)
All of that hate is based on someone else's speculation. You have no better idea than anyone else why he is not on tour, so let's save the Richie is satan thing until he comes out and says, "**** you Lisa. I just wanted to hang out with my family".

I'm also waiting for a sorry from Jon for turning this band into a washed up, piece of shit. I'll probably get my apology right after you get your apology from Richie.

lol That apology from Jon is looooong overdue. Too bad he doesn't know he has a reason to apologize, because some fans have begun to accept mediocrity.

Beaky 04-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124881)
lol That apology from Jon is looooong overdue. Too bad he doesn't know he has a reason to apologize, because some fans have begun to accept mediocrity.

I think I'm in love...:shock:

Beaky 04-26-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1124866)

I agree that a more precise statement would help though...

Agreed... but my point was that Matt's reaction shows he doesn't actually know exactly when Richie is back; otherwise his reaction would have been more dismissive, rather than 'tell me more... '

ben 04-26-2013 02:25 PM

ok, so what do we have until now?
a new tweet of Richie mentioning only his song contest
a new tweet of Phil X thanking the BJ fans once more
and I'm still wondering here;
Wouldn't Jon have thanked Phil properly last night if it was his last show?
plus.. wouldn't he have at least mentioned Richie?
so we wait to see what happens in SA and of course at 14th May in Sofia, the first European show.
mmm I have a feeling someone's gonna be absent again.. I wish I'm wrong here I miss Richie so much AND I wanna see him perform live again!

The Rock 04-26-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1124885)
ok, so what do we have until now?
a new tweet of Richie mentioning only his song contest
a new tweet of Phil X thanking the BJ fans once more
and I'm still wondering here;
so we wait to see what happens in SA and of course at 14th May in Sofia, the first European show.
mmm I have a feeling someone's gonna be absent again.. I wish I'm wrong here I miss Richie so much AND I wanna see him perform live again!

I'm thinking and hoping that the first time we see Richie will be on stage. Before hand, it might be a guessing game on when he will be back. It really does seem like the rest of the band don't know when he will be back and so that could be the reason why Jon didn't say anything at the show.

Shaz 04-26-2013 02:56 PM

What an epic thread...has taken me over a week between working afternoon shifts and necessary sleep to read it all. Some very funny and also thought provoking comments and theories. Only thing I have to add is that there is always the possibility, despite having been good mates for 30 years, they have indeed grown apart. Happens all the time and often without one party have one iota of a clue why. Things change, people change - it's crap because they are in the midst of a tour, but I really don't think RS is going '"who cares what people think", perhaps more ''I care more what I think right now ahead of what everyone else thinks". If you reach a breaking point [and you can't always know where/when that'll be] then you reach it. Richie's *track record* in recent times lends itself to the idea/notion/speculation that a relapse is very plausible. And, as is the case with human nature, the absence of information will inevitably lead people to speculate on the what and the why.
I do sincerely hope that if this is a serious issue regarding JBJ and RS's friendship and working relationship, that they can come to some mutually accepted and agreeable scenario that will see the remaining dates of the tour proceed with Richie in tow...for the sake of those who have/who will part with their money to see and enjoy their fav. band.

semigoodlookin 04-26-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1124880)
None of us know why Richie has done this but he is obviously not the kind of guy to say FU to his fans. Whatever the reason, it is not just cause he didn’t feel like it.

Whilst we are speculating I do wonder whether some people ever look at anything but Jon’s ass.

Try checking out some of the faces he pulls at the other band members the second they make the slightest mistake. For example (and im sure we could start an entire new thread on the topic) Hull 2006, Jon was a total arse all night long, if Tico had laid him out that night I wouldn’t have blamed him. What about the other week when Jon totally humiliated Dave into doing the intro to Old Time Rock n Roll over and over until he abandoned it altogether. I’ve seen him throw Richie plenty of stink eyes over the years. The fuss Jon caused when Richie’s amp blew out in London was ridiculous, like Richie had done it on purpose.

Maybe he just got sick of working for the CEO of a major corporation, and the tension and atmosphere Jon seems to enjoy creating…

That could all be BS but if I was Richie there has been plenty of times I would have at least flipped the finger at Jon.

This is interesting and I think most of us can say that we have seen some of the things Jon does on stage and in interviews and thought, ouch. The trouble is, it all depends on the dynamics of their friendships and/or their working relationships. Perhaps as friends those kinds of looks, slight put downs, or whatever else are acceptable. If my best mate was like that, at some point I would have accepted him as my best mate for who he is so could probably deal with it. But if you did it for example, ooo, I would tell my mom on your or something. So it depends, if they are the great friends they say they are then those little things are probably cool, but if they are more distant then it could be a problem.

The same goes for their working relationship. If that kind of thing is acceptable to them it is probably something they know about, deal with, or are not even bothered by. If it is a relatively new thing then it could cause issue.

In terms of the amp blowing out in London, I don't think Jon was pissed with Richie, I think he was pissed with the amp, or even whoever set it up. As he was talking to Richie it seemed like the anger wasn't at him, but for me he was just asking him questions while angry at something or someone else, which is still wrong as it is no ones fault really.

The press conference thing when he kind of interrupts when Richie talks is tense though. Richie looks uncomfortable after it. I have not watched it today, but if I remember he kind of shuffles in his seat, looks around excessively and starts doing something with his mouth. He certainly did not appear to like that.

The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock. With Jon he built the reputation as a hard worker, dedicated, driven and through the 1990s it is widely said that his vision carried the band through their most artistically fulfilling period. He seems to have now taken those traits that are worthy of complement and made them sole focus of his public persona until it has come to the point where he is arrogant and selfish at times. If he has secretly always been like that then great, but if it is something that has developed and is getting worse, then that could be pissing the band off too.

RonJovi 04-26-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1124897)
The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock .

Who doesn't want to be that guy?

Shaz 04-26-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock. With Jon he built the reputation as a hard worker, dedicated, driven and through the 1990s it is widely said that his vision carried the band through their most artistically fulfilling period. He seems to have now taken those traits that are worthy of complement and made them sole focus of his public persona until it has come to the point where he is arrogant and selfish at times. If he has secretly always been like that then great, but if it is something that has developed and is getting worse, then that could be pissing the band off too.
Yep...good way of putting it...since 2000 onwards, Jon has struck me as, how to put this in words...would make more sense if I was in front of you saying it....as someone who is trying to be uber cool and on top of his game to the point that is too obvious...cause if you are uber cool, you don't have to try so hard to convince people you are.

JoviJovi 04-26-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaz (Post 1124900)
Yep...good way of putting it...since 2000 onwards, Jon has struck me as, how to put this in words...would make more sense if I was in front of you saying it....as someone who is trying to be uber cool and on top of his game to the point that is too obvious...cause if you are uber cool, you don't have to try so hard to convince people you are.

And the thing about this is, those of us who know better can see right through it and to those that don't he comes off like an ass.

semigoodlookin 04-26-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124899)
Who doesn't want to be that guy?

i don't want to be that guy!

A 60-year old grandfather plowing me is not my idea of a night out! But, each to their own Ron

Jovi

jovifan93 04-26-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124884)
Agreed... but my point was that Matt's reaction shows he doesn't actually know exactly when Richie is back; otherwise his reaction would have been more dismissive, rather than 'tell me more... '

Agreed! On the other hand we're talking about Matt, the PR genius, aren't we? ;-) Still strange though...

Roll 04-26-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1124877)
I'm also waiting for a sorry from Jon for turning this band into a washed up, over-produced, piece of shit. I'll probably get my apology right after you get your apology from Richie.

Totally irrelevant but why not.

IML88 04-26-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1124897)
This is interesting and I think most of us can say that we have seen some of the things Jon does on stage and in interviews and thought, ouch. The trouble is, it all depends on the dynamics of their friendships and/or their working relationships. Perhaps as friends those kinds of looks, slight put downs, or whatever else are acceptable. If my best mate was like that, at some point I would have accepted him as my best mate for who he is so could probably deal with it. But if you did it for example, ooo, I would tell my mom on your or something. So it depends, if they are the great friends they say they are then those little things are probably cool, but if they are more distant then it could be a problem.

The same goes for their working relationship. If that kind of thing is acceptable to them it is probably something they know about, deal with, or are not even bothered by. If it is a relatively new thing then it could cause issue.

In terms of the amp blowing out in London, I don't think Jon was pissed with Richie, I think he was pissed with the amp, or even whoever set it up. As he was talking to Richie it seemed like the anger wasn't at him, but for me he was just asking him questions while angry at something or someone else, which is still wrong as it is no ones fault really.

The press conference thing when he kind of interrupts when Richie talks is tense though. Richie looks uncomfortable after it. I have not watched it today, but if I remember he kind of shuffles in his seat, looks around excessively and starts doing something with his mouth. He certainly did not appear to like that.

Just youtube'd the Old Time Rock And Roll video. Best part of it is the way Richie laughs, he's blatantly just thinking wow Jon's a ****

TheseDaysEra 04-26-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1124885)

he could have but my guess is that Jon himself doesn't know when Richie will be back.

rolo_tomachi 04-26-2013 04:08 PM

What is the worst tour of Bon Jovi?

Undoubtedly, Because We Can Tour.

Bill23 04-26-2013 04:09 PM

We'll know alot more in a week or so. I'd be shocked if Richie doesn't return for the next leg (South Africa and Europe)....I was just in Vegas, I shoulda bet on it!

peewee 04-26-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IML88 (Post 1124907)
Just youtube'd the Old Time Rock And Roll video. Best part of it is the way Richie laughs, he's blatantly just thinking wow Jon's a ****

May I ask which one is that? I just youtube'd a few but can't get to the one you mention.

RonJovi 04-26-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1124902)
i don't want to be that guy!

A 60-year old grandfather plowing me is not my idea of a night out! But, each to their own Ron

Jovi

Fussy f**ker. :-)

† ÀžžÀ † 04-26-2013 04:47 PM

On a side not, do people honestly believe Jon and Richie are as close as they make out on-stage, in interviews etc?

For a good few years now I've assumed that is a bit of a show, for the whole 'brotherhood' idea. They are after all very different characters and Jon has grown extremely arrogant in recent times. Much of Bon Jovi's image is based on that duo and they present it as such but that could well be an act.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they love each other deep down - I mean, this band has been going for 30 plus years - but away from their 'job' I can't imagine them socialising a great deal.

And maybe Richie has just grown tired of the business-like direction and misses the organic approach of a group of friends making music they believe in - as was the case with Aftermath of the Lowdown.

Stranger11 04-26-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124627)
1. In 2007 Richie's stint in "rehab" was actually just a one week detox at a hospital in LA. The announcement of him not touring this leg was on April 2, a little over 3 weeks ago. He could have just entered the same type of 7 day detox program followed by therapy, which would explain him being around and available to drive Ava to school today.

2. We know from past history time off for Richie leads to trouble. When he entered rehab in 2011 it was at the end of a one month break from the road. April 2 of this year was the end of a 2 week break from the road. Not the month long bender requiring a 30 day rehab stint, but a couple of weeks hitting the bottle warranting a 7 day detox. At 1:15 he even admits being on the road isn't the problem, it's time off that is the problem.

3. The fact that Matt has insisted that the TMZ article is completely off with this one, explicitly said Jon and Richie are not fighting, said it's up to Richie to make an official statement and he "WILL be back on the road" squashes the whole gag order theory. I know Matt is theoretically a nobody, but he still works for the organization and cannot make statements like that (whether they be true or false) if there is some sort of take our secrets to the grave clause. He would simply say "personal reasons" and leave it at that, not reassure his twitter followers that the fighting rumors are bullshit and that he'll be back for the European shows.

This.

Plus wouldn´t Jon look like a total fool when he says on Ellen that Richie is still his guitar player ("absolutly") and then it would turn out that he isn´t anymore?
Because that question from Ellen about Richie surely was something he expected so I guess he would have come up with a different (prepared?) answer.

Beaky 04-26-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1124926)
This.

Plus wouldn´t Jon look like a total fool when he says on Ellen that Richie is still his guitar player ("absolutly") and then it would turn out that he isn´t anymore?
Because that question from Ellen about Richie surely was something he expected so I guess he would have come up with a different (prepared?) answer.

We've covered that... somewhere on here...

Jon can say he is still the guitar player because Jon hasn't moved the goal posts, Jon hasn't changed the game. The door is open, Richie is the guitar player in Bon Jovi until HE says otherwise. It puts the ball firmly in Richie's court. Jon is out there, fulfilling commitments, he's not done anything wrong... Over to you, Richie... That is what the Ellen appearance accomplished.

semigoodlookin 04-26-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1124925)
On a side not, do people honestly believe Jon and Richie are as close as they make out on-stage, in interviews etc?

For a good few years now I've assumed that is a bit of a show, for the whole 'brotherhood' idea. They are after all very different characters and Jon has grown extremely arrogant in recent times. Much of Bon Jovi's image is based on that duo and they present it as such but that could well be an act.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they love each other deep down - I mean, this band has been going for 30 plus years - but away from their 'job' I can't imagine them socialising a great deal.

And maybe Richie has just grown tired of the business-like direction and misses the organic approach of a group of friends making music they believe in - as was the case with Aftermath of the Lowdown.

Are they flicking each other with towels in the change rooms? No, but I have said before that I think there is a friendship there, one that does not need to be always together. In terms of recent events that statement could be past tense of course.

I have had a best friend for 25 years nearly but I have not seen him for three years. I spend more time with other people and likley have more in common with those people right now. But I know when me and my best friend get in a room together it is literally seconds before it is as it was. I know this from experience. Are Jon and Richie like that? Who knows really, I am not in the camp they are best friends, or the one they are not friends at all, it is or maybe was somewhere in between.

Stranger11 04-26-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124927)
We've covered that... somewhere on here...

Jon can say he is still the guitar player because Jon hasn't moved the goal posts, Jon hasn't changed the game. The door is open, Richie is the guitar player in Bon Jovi until HE says otherwise. It puts the ball firmly in Richie's court. Jon is out there, fulfilling commitments, he's not done anything wrong... Over to you, Richie... That is what the Ellen appearance accomplished.

I doubt that Jon would let Richie play this game very long cause it´s putting dark spots on his shiny image.

Maybe I´m naive but if they had a fall out I don´t think Richie would throw it all away within days. He would still finish the tour (take the cash) and call it quits afterwards.

They are working together for 30 years and I don´t believe that there are many things left that Richie hasn´t seen Jon doing, saying...

MrNickel 04-26-2013 06:01 PM

The plot thickens, according to this somewhat believable source a new replacement for Europe has been arranged, in the name of Jimmy Reilly. He looks creepily like Sambora as well. It would appear the Jovi train has truly crashed.

http://tinyurl.com/cvaxd49

TheseDaysEra 04-26-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1124931)
The plot thickens, according to this somewhat believable source a new replacement for Europe has been arranged, in the name of Jimmy Reilly. He looks creepily like Sambora as well. It would appear the Jovi train has truly crashed.

i trust you're joking, right ?

Rdkopper 04-26-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

That's cause he is seeking rehab until July.

MellyMel 04-26-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

What believable source? I just see a page for that guy.

MrNickel 04-26-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1124937)
i trust you're joking, right ?

haha yep ;)