Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why won't anyone ask it ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69155)

efpg0708 08-01-2015 07:43 AM

Why won't anyone ask it ?

Everytime I see videos of these Runaway Tour Q&A IT's always the same questions: "Jon, how do you feel about the new album?" "Do you still enjoy touring?" Bla bla bla ...

I've always wondered why won't anybody ask a question like: Jon, on the last tour you had a lot of issues with your vocals, specially towards the end. What do you think about it ? What are you doing about it?

What happens ? You mike gets silenced? Are you removed from the venue? Is there a sniper ready to shoot you ? Is it like North Korea ?

I'd really like to see him adressing subjects like these instead of the same shit everytime.

jon-flp 08-01-2015 08:39 AM

90% of the people who attend to it don't care about Jon's voice. They care about Jon's hair.

And of course there's a kind of screening of the questions before Jon answer them.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 08-01-2015 10:57 AM

To be fair, if I ever met Jon I'd probably end up mumbling something about what the music's meant to me.

Also, I'm not sure I'd want to pay thousands of dollars for a room of angry backstagers to kill me. :p

Bounce7800 08-01-2015 12:21 PM

Yeah people are definitely going to pay thousands to meet their idol and ask why their voice is so shit.

That sort of thing needs to be done by a journalist or in an interview with someone with some knowledge of the band and some degree of fandom.

Nige 08-01-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1190780)
Yeah people are definitely going to pay thousands to meet their idol and ask why their voice is so shit.

That sort of thing needs to be done by a journalist or in an interview with someone with some knowledge of the band and some degree of fandom.

Journalists will be banned from asking such questions.

Bounce7800 08-01-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1190781)
Journalists will be banned from asking such questions.

Outright, sure, but there's creative ways of asking the same thing without outright asking it. It would need to be a smaller publication/online blog but then they aren't worth it to the band so in short they won't be asked, unless hell freezes over and there is a Twitter Q&A or an AMA.

Nige 08-01-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1190782)
Outright, sure, but there's creative ways of asking the same thing without outright asking it. It would need to be a smaller publication/online blog but then they aren't worth it to the band so in short they won't be asked, unless hell freezes over and there is a Twitter Q&A or an AMA.

Yeah it's not going to happen. When I meet Jon I'll ask him....

Alphavictim 08-01-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1190764)
I've always wondered why won't anybody ask a question like: Jon, on the last tour you had a lot of issues with your vocals, specially towards the end. What do you think about it ? What are you doing about it?

What's he supposed to answer? I'm pretty sure he's aware of it; he changed his vocal style quite about over the course of the last 15 years. He'd probably cite age, long tours, smoking, and work in a "joking" quip about the audience helping him out with the high notes.

Nige 08-01-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1190785)
What's he supposed to answer? I'm pretty sure he's aware of it; he changed his vocal style quite about over the course of the last 15 years. He'd probably cite age, long tours, smoking, and work in a "joking" quip about the audience helping him out with the high notes.

That's likely to be 100% correct.

The Rock 08-01-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1190764)
Everytime I see videos of these Runaway Tour Q&A IT's always the same questions: "Jon, how do you feel about the new album?" "Do you still enjoy touring?" Bla bla bla ...

What happens ? You mike gets silenced? Are you removed from the venue? Is there a sniper ready to shoot you ? Is it like North Korea ?

I'd really like to see him adressing subjects like these instead of the same shit everytime.

They are told before hand by the monitors the rules. If you notice, most of the people who attend these events are the same ones; over and over and over........(one fan in particular has gone to every one) they don't want to get banned from future events.