Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   NBJ - Everything Else (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   United Kingdom General Election 2015 Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69007)

Jayster 04-29-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1187105)
this time I'll be voting Labour purely as a protest vote against the nationalists.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/...eral-election/

Nae luck, Jim.

Jim Bon Jovi 04-29-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1187249)

Oh I'm under no illusions that it won't make a difference if I vote for labour or use the ballot for the loo.

I dont think the polls will be quite as wide as that but I'm amazed at the level of support given how they've turned just about everything they've had their hands on to complete and utter shit since 2007 that they have that level of support.

Not that any of the other parties offer anything better. Blank slate we need, hang them all, instill me as lord protector and we'll take it from there I say.

Jim Bon Jovi 04-29-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1187183)
So this is where I get confused - you campaigned against something that could have made a difference to the whole political spectrum in the UK, whether you personally agreed or wanted the outcome or not, yet now are agreeing that what you campaigned for means absolutely nothing because what you do doesn't make a difference.

That's not what I did at all.

I campaigned against independence because (and I still maintain it) that apart from being a half baked idea (the white paper was full of - we would expect to continue to use *insert some critical part of the economy or infrastructure that the UK government would have complete control over) it would have been a disaster for us and come 10 years down the line the UK isn't going to all of a sudden welcome us back with open arms because we ****ed up and we're skint.

As for this election, what have the SNP actually managed to deliver on since 2007 because the time frame of being able to blame it on the inheriting problems from the last government is well and truly past.

- Health - complete riot (which makes them banging on about the state of things down south and the evil tories coming to steal our beds and sell out grannies bones even more patronising)
- Education and training - I'd be here all day going on about this so I won't even start but I began my teaching training the same year that the SNP took over education and not only have they failed on just about every key policy area, they've actually made their key targets worse than under Labour and if nothing else, at east Labour built new schools.
- Local government - I dunno about you but I prefer my councillors in their offices or on the streets serving their constituents, not out the front carpark burning political literature.
- Law - Our justice system is a joke and is become ever more derided due to the decisions made in high government.
- Housing - They're knocking down a tonne of council flats and blocks round my way and building front and back doors. I'm not much of a town planner but I doubt that's the way to increase tenancy rates for lower income families.

Ergo they're as big a farce as the Tory Dem government and have managed to crest a wave of independence / anti-establishment / anti-English feeling here and got themselves into that position.

Ergo, I'd rather vote for a party that even has a modicum of a chance of stopping their complete riot of a local candidate than waste my vote or not turn up on the day.

It's tactical voting pure and simple.

Dawn 05-02-2015 02:06 AM

I find who to vote for confusing, Locally Conservatives always win my area, they do a good job locally. However I don't always agree with conservatives policies in general for UK.

I think it's important to vote as people died for the right to vote. people r confused more than ever before so I reckon it will be a coalition

dawn

ticos_stick 05-02-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1187258)
Blank slate we need, hang them all, instill me as lord protector and we'll take it from there I say.

I'm with you there!

Jim Bon Jovi 05-03-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 1187345)
I find who to vote for confusing, Locally Conservatives always win my area, they do a good job locally. However I don't always agree with conservatives policies in general for UK.

I think it's important to vote as people died for the right to vote. people r confused more than ever before so I reckon it will be a coalition

dawn

I think we'll end up with a Tory majority down South, an SNP whitewash up here (though not as big as they're predicting) and it'll be down to Labour to decide what happens.

I hope Miliband shows a bit of backbone and stands by his claims that he' won't deal with the SNP.

On an aside, through bits and bobs of cross party campaigning for this and the referendum I've been asked by a couple Labour, Lib and Green folk if I'd ever consider getting into party politics for them. I must be a bigger James Blunt than I thought :D

Dawn 05-06-2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1187369)
I think we'll end up with a Tory majority down South, an SNP whitewash up here (though not as big as they're predicting) and it'll be down to Labour to decide what happens.

I hope Miliband shows a bit of backbone and stands by his claims that he' won't deal with the SNP.

On an aside, through bits and bobs of cross party campaigning for this and the referendum I've been asked by a couple Labour, Lib and Green folk if I'd ever consider getting into party politics for them. I must be a bigger James Blunt than I thought :D

From what I heard miliband is talking of now cuddling up with snp. might be a wise decision as miliband is coming across quite weak and snp can give that kick.

I agree with your overall prediction.

Matrix15 05-06-2015 04:51 PM

I hope the students drum up enough support to boot Clegg out on his arse. It looks to be a close one but they're saying Tory tactical votes will save him. A total embarrassment if the people of Hallam let him back in given some of the things he's allowed the government to do!

Captain Walrus 05-07-2015 07:52 AM

I have just one thing to say... For the love of God, don't vote for UKIP!

Jim Bon Jovi 05-08-2015 05:42 AM

Funny to see folk gloating on fb about the doing labour are taking up here by the nats. Bravo you're slowly but surely moving us towards 5 more years of the tories and it's not going to be on my conscience.