Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie & Ori on FoxLA (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68803)

Old Joysey 11-25-2014 10:18 PM

Richie & Ori on FoxLA

They performed "Stand By Me" but only the interview and a slide show are online so far.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2747897...ristmas-parade

PS: no, not a word about you-know-what! :wink:

Rdkopper 11-25-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1183517)
They performed "Stand By Me" but only the interview and a slide show are online so far.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2747897...ristmas-parade

PS: no, not a word about you-know-what! :wink:

Old Joysey, The song was Lean On Me not Stand By Me and that was the performance from last year.

What is you know what? No word about Jon?

Rdkopper 11-25-2014 10:44 PM

Richie looks like shit. That hair needs to go. I've seen better wigs then that birds nest on his head. His personality is weird too.

Such a difference Richie from a few years back when he was promoting Aftermath.

Just 2 years ago

Old Joysey 11-25-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183518)
Old Joysey, The song was Lean On Me not Stand By Me and that was the performance from last year.

Please read the article and my post. The song they performed TODAY was "Stand By Me", I'll stand my ground. If Richie says it's SBM then it IS SBM!
https://www.facebook.com/TheRealSambora

On a side note, I agree with you, his wig or hairdo looks weird and cheap, especially the fringe. But if he likes it like that...

Captain_jovi 11-25-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183518)

What is you know what? No word about Jon?

Haha it's like you didn't even click the link.

rocknation 11-26-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1183517)
No, not a word about you-know-what! :wink:

Well, duh! So Richie is still in control of what's left of his senses to be noncommittal. He's there to promote HIS upcoming musical projects -- he's not going to make the same mistake as Jon and say something that will prove to be a media distraction!

rolo_tomachi 11-26-2014 12:48 AM

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Becky 11-26-2014 01:24 AM

I don't see how Jon "made a mistake." He's been asked about Richie for a year and a half and he gave an honest answer while refusing to let Richie be badmouthed despite how he's acted. Jon handled this with class and we finally have an answer.

rocknation 11-26-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1183528)
I don't see how Jon "made a mistake." He's been asked about Richie for a year and a half and he gave an honest answer while refusing to let Richie be badmouthed despite how he's acted. Jon handled this with class and we finally have an answer.

If the lead stories on the official site are any indication, we're all supposed to be swooning over his Marian Anderson award and speech, not agonizing over Richie's status.

Becky 11-26-2014 02:17 AM

You're failing to make a point.

Rdkopper 11-26-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1183524)
Haha it's like you didn't even click the link.

Haha its like I watched the interview and they showed the clip from last year singing lean on me at the 2:50 mark

jesyjames 11-26-2014 07:34 AM

Every time Richie calls a BJ song "my song" part of me dies.

Old Joysey 11-26-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183532)
Haha its like I watched the interview and they showed the clip from last year singing lean on me at the 2:50 mark

What part of the word "today" don't you understand?! Haha it's like someone here is really really I mean REALLY thick!!! or deaf. Or both. LOL. But "it's not a big deal" as "they" say...
For the 3rd time, here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/TheRealSambora

It seems like now his live band is a power trio. I love the way the talked about music, jamming, working with other artists, there's true musicianship, dedication and passion (& fun) here, can't wait to hear the album!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...19ebe957c2dd0e

Rdkopper 11-26-2014 01:47 PM

I'm not doubting you... Your OP did not provide the FB link. It was just a link that had the video interview and a small write up underneath of which neither stated anything about SBM which means it was now posted twice, not 3 times.

if you are going to post something and add a link as a reference be sure to include the right ones (or both on this instance)

rocker1981 11-26-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183519)
Richie looks like shit. That hair needs to go. I've seen better wigs then that birds nest on his head. His personality is weird too.

Such a difference Richie from a few years back when he was promoting Aftermath.

Just 2 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYQvMX5e5E

I agree he has aged quite a bit in the last couple of the years and his hair doesn't look great, but to be fair we are all getting older!!

One thing I would say is that he seemed relaxed and spoke very well and coherently.

Rdkopper 11-26-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker1981 (Post 1183542)
I agree he has aged quite a bit in the last couple of the years and his hair doesn't look great, but to be fair we are all getting older!!

I'm not faulting him for age. I'm faulting him for style. And I'm faulting that style on him trying to act like he's 25

Old Joysey 11-27-2014 01:27 PM

Rdkopper: so you can't read English and you can't count, you're such a desperate case that you make me ROTFL! Are you a comedian? A drummer? :wink:

Rdkopper 11-27-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1183552)
Rdkopper: so you can't read English and you can't count, you're such a desperate case that you make me ROTFL! Are you a comedian? A drummer? :wink:

Seriously bro. This topic should have never been created anyway. It could have easily fit into 27 other topics on here about Richie and Jon...

Let me take you back to the beginning. You posted something in regards to Stand By Me. The link in your initial posted stated nothing about that. Unless you were there in person, you obviously saw it somewhere. That's what you should have posted in addition... Because the link you posted only showed the Lean On Me performance from last year.

After you threw your bitch fest, you then posted the correct link which was Facebook link showing Stand By Me. That's what you should have included in your initial post. That's the first time you posted it.

It's okay to make mistakes but your defending yourself and not realizing what you are saying because of your anger.

Now go back through my instructions and tell me what's up.

Old Joysey 11-27-2014 04:09 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: We were 3 (THREE) people posting the info and you're the only one to "haha" and contradict us. When you make fun of people and show them (us) how superior you think you are (which you did again in your last post), expect nothing but the same treatment in return, fair is fair, "bro"! And if I added smileys to my posts it's because I took it lightly... until now because, ya know, after a while... yawn... so, enough with your BS, you're on my ignore-list from now on.

And let me take you back to the beginning myself too : when I first read the info on Richie's FB page (yes, my main source of info, what else? Is it sooooooooooooooo difficult to guess it, do you people really need to be taken by the hand 24/7?! :rolleyes: ), his admin team had posted only this:
Quote:

SLIDESLOW from this morning's appearance on GOOD DAY LA. RICHIE SAMBORA, ORIANTHI and MICHAEL BEARDEN performed "STAND BY ME"
+ Myfoxla URL

They added the rehearsal video some time later so, logically, I and then rolo tomachi posted the link to RS's FB page. And yet you kept on bitching, so what's your problem exactly??? You think that new posters are the perfect target for your BS or what?!

Quote:

This topic should have never been created anyway. It could have easily fit into 27 other topics on here about Richie and Jon...
Go tell it to the admin of this forum then. And, once again, this topic is only about Richie (+ his new band and work), another thing that you didn't get, apparently...

And if the way he looks is the only thing that matters to you, well... :roll:
As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to see STB posted on YT very rapidly. The rehearsal sounds good, I'm expecting a high quality rendering of this song.

Rdkopper 11-27-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1183555)
:lol: :lol: :lol: We were 3 (THREE) people posting the info and you're the only one to "haha" and contradict us. When you make fun of people and show them (us) how superior you think you are (which you did again in your last post), expect nothing but the same treatment in return, fair is fair, "bro"! And if I added smileys to my posts it's because I took it lightly... until now because, ya know, after a while... yawn... so, enough with your BS, you're on my ignore-list from now on.

And let me take you back to the beginning myself too : when I first read the info on Richie's FB page (yes, my main source of info, what else? Is it sooooooooooooooo difficult to guess it, do you people really need to be taken by the hand 24/7?! :rolleyes: ), his admin team had posted only this:

+ Myfoxla URL

They added the rehearsal video some time later so, logically, I and then rolo tomachi posted the link to RS's FB page. And yet you kept on bitching, so what's your problem exactly??? You think that new posters are the perfect target for your BS or what?!

Go tell it to the admin of this forum then. And, once again, this topic is only about Richie (+ his new band and work), another thing that you didn't get, apparently...

And if the way he looks is the only thing that matters to you, well... :roll:
As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to see STB posted on YT very rapidly. The rehearsal sounds good, I'm expecting a high quality rendering of this song.

Those three people posted after the fact. After you posted the FB link which is something you should have done from the start... Instead of stating one song and showing the video of another. And yes, if the info came from Richie's page, you should have stated that.

You're putting me on your ignore list? Are you sure you're a man? :D See, I could make light of things too.

Finally, you're post was all about starting drama with your "no, not a word about you-know-what!" We don't need another thread of this crap. Otherwise, there is a section here for videos and Richie that this could have easily fit into. Or start a new thread in the tour section.

Captain_jovi 11-27-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183556)
Those three people posted after the fact. After you posted the FB link which is something you should have done from the start... Instead of stating one song and showing the video of another. And yes, if the info came from Richie's page, you should have stated that.

You're putting me on your ignore list? Are you sure you're a man? :D See, I could make light of things too.

Finally, you're post was all about starting drama with your "no, not a word about you-know-what!" We don't need another thread of this crap. Otherwise, there is a section here for videos and Richie that this could have easily fit into. Or start a new thread in the tour section.

That's some fine back door modding you've got there sir. No one had a problem with this but you, 2 of the three people "got it" just fine. You came in blazing to correct him like you're trying to fix the board and I really don't think he did anything incorrect. Meh just my two cents.

Rdkopper 11-27-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1183557)
That's some fine back door modding you've got there sir. No one had a problem with this but you, 2 of the three people "got it" just fine. You came in blazing to correct him like you're trying to fix the board and I really don't think he did anything incorrect. Meh just my two cents.

The only real problem I had was with the lack of source providing a link to Stand By Me. Everything else was just fluff.

Lean On Me and Stand By Me are very similar in title so I thought a legitimate mistake was made. I watched a 7 minute painful interview with Richie and there was never a mention to that song. I don't check Richie's FB page so if the info isn't there, I'm not reading minds to find it. You didn't post until after the link was provided so it was clear to you.

If Jon had a new song titled Not Crying Anymore and a new member posted an interview showing a video of Not Running Anymore, you'd question it too.

Alphavictim 11-27-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183558)
The only real problem I had was with the lack of source providing a link to Stand By Me.

Most of us would disagree.

Rdkopper 11-27-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1183559)
Most of us would disagree.

And that's why most of you believe rumors and bull-shit like Hugh leaving the band.

rocknation 11-27-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1183529)
If the lead stories on the official site are any indication, we're all supposed to be swooning over his Marian Anderson award and speech, not agonizing over Richie's status.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky
He's been asked about Richie for a year and a half and he gave an honest answer...You're failing to make a point.

Then let's just say that Jon gave the wrong answer about Richie's status, because he had to correct it from a "no" to a "definite maybe" -- and practically overnight.

Captain_jovi 11-27-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183560)
And that's why most of you believe rumors and bull-shit like Hugh leaving the band.

Our gullibility ain't the problem here.

Kathleen 11-27-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1183562)

Dear god - 3 pages of this crap. And no, most of us here are not gullible <sigh>

Rdkopper 11-27-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1183562)

Ignorance is bliss

SuperBrad 11-28-2014 08:54 AM

Any vids of the performance ? They did "stand on me " right ?

Rdkopper 11-28-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1183567)
Any vids of the performance ? They did "stand on me " right ?

No "Lean On Me'...... jk

Captain Walrus 11-29-2014 06:59 PM

Right, had enough of this. If the video appears, post it on the youtube thread