Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Dicanio 04-03-2013 07:16 PM

He was in Hollywood on March 30th according to his Facebook timeline for a friends birthday and 10 hours ago he posted a pic with the tag hanging out at the Rainbow bar, love my Canadian family. No idea where the rainbow bar is mind you! lol

Beaky 04-03-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1119394)
Couldn't care less about the alcoholism as a disease debate.

I just said Richie probably wouldn't get fired in 'the real world' without a legal case... but anyway, if he has walked, Jon is obviously convinced he can get him back before the next leg.

It would have to have been a MONUMENTAL ruck for him to have walked away though, surely. I guess the alternative is, Richie knows when he is happy and he knows when he is drifting into an unhappy place that could lead to a relapse. Maybe simply going back out on the road makes him unhappy and he didn't want to risk it?

In which case, he should leave, rather than wait to be fired.

Kathleen 04-03-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1119326)
<snip>

You don't love the band, only the man.
sad but true.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I do love the band but if Richie is always out (or even out a lot) my feeling is that the Band should go on. A Band is a collection of people and it shouldn't come apart due to one person. Other bands have even replaced their frontman and kept on playing.

danfan 04-03-2013 07:28 PM

Is masturbation a disease? If so, I've got it bad baby!!!

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE???????

Crushgen24/88 04-03-2013 07:29 PM

If Richie did walk, (and I really don't think he did. I'm still leaning to the "demons" side) I'd lose all respect for him. I wouldn't care a lick if it was over "artistic integrity" or not, to screw over hundreds of crew members and thousands of ticket holders by quitting in the middle of a tour would be a douche move.

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1119399)
Other bands have even replaced their frontman and kept on playing.

Shitty choices if you ask me, you can't replace the frontman/singer. The frontman is the frontman. Warrant without Jani Lane is not Warrant, Skid Row without Sebastian Bach is not Skid Row, and the list can go on.

Javier 04-03-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119404)
Shitty choices if you ask me, you can't replace the frontman/singer. The frontman is the frontman. Warrant without Jani Lane is not Warrant, Skid Row without Sebastian Bach is not Skid Row, and the list can go on.

Maybe not to you, but technically speaking yes, they are still. Hell, even G'n'R who Axl changed basically the whole band is still G'n'R, it's not the same but technically speaking the band name carries on and the songs are still played so yes, it is not the same but it is still the band :p....

JoviGirl 04-03-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119275)
Of course they would continue. In fact, I don't think the Edge was EVER able to play, yet they have been touring for over 30 years now.

LMAO...amazing.

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1119405)
Maybe not to you, but technically speaking yes, they are still. Hell, even G'n'R who Axl changed basically the whole band is still G'n'R, it's not the same but technically speaking the band name carries on and the songs are still played so yes, it is not the same but it is still the band :p....

Yes, but I was talking of frontman/singer. Though Slash was really important in the band, Axl was the frontman (and singer).

Then you have isolated cases like the AC/DC one, but is the minority.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119408)
Yes, but I was talking of frontman/singer. Though Slash was really important in the band, Axl was the frontman (and singer).

Then you have isolated cases like the AC/DC one, but is the minority.

Van Halen continued.