Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie - Front & Center interview (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68830)

Old Joysey 12-17-2014 06:33 PM

Richie - Front & Center interview

Interview done on July 23, 2014 at THE IRIDIUM in New York, NY
Still waiting for the concert, only 2 songs on YT so far.

http://youtu.be/OQO9l65D1bc

Same jacket but better haircut. Yes, it's the most important thing in this interview. ;)

Supersonic 12-17-2014 07:10 PM

Aloha !

This is interview number whatever in which he mentions Voodoo Child, how it's long, and how there's lots of improvisation done. It's remarkable how a guitarist like him just isn't able to do proper jamming anymore, and just doesn't hear how bad that rendition of Voodoo Child actually is. It's as if he's completely forgotten all he's learned over the 30 years he's been a musician now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Walleris 12-17-2014 09:25 PM

Cheers! That's actually the first interview of Richie I found interesting ever since he left Bon Jovi. He still occasionally loses in the middle of the sentence and has developed weird habits (what's up with constant scratching?), but at least the content was interesting.

Jack27 12-18-2014 01:55 PM

It still staggers me whenever I listen to Richie how much he thinks Bon Jovi is/was him. There is never any reference to Jon writing with him. In this interview when talking about Jon wanting to make a double record for New Jersey he insists that the pressure was on him. "For a guitar player that's 25 songs, 5 guitar parts per song...plus I had to write them...and then solos and then sing them. Dennis and I were good friends and I was venting to him saying 'man I can't come up with this much stuff'."

I find it hard to listen to.

Supersonic 12-18-2014 02:21 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1184011)
"For a guitar player that's 25 songs, 5 guitar parts per song...plus I had to write them...and then solos and then sing them.

I find it hard to listen to.

Apart from it being hard to listen to it's just nonsense as well. You don't "write" 5 guitar parts. You come up with the main riff, and everything else you just build around it as you go. It's not like Bon Jovi songs were filled with complicated riffs. It's Richie again making things a lot bigger than they were/are.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old Joysey 12-18-2014 03:33 PM

"them" here refers to "songs" not to "gtr parts" of course! ;)

nikos greece 12-18-2014 03:56 PM

he sounds so full of himself...like jon didnt co wrote all these songs...richies parts were really great, and sure there was a big responsibility on him but he sounds like it was all him...
the nj record has nicely worked guitars, brilliant guitarwork BUT jon was the mastermind and richie looks sad and bitter when he tries to act like it was all him, it was the chemistry between them...
ps.i m sure richie will produce the same magic now with orianthi...:mad:

Captain Hook 12-18-2014 07:10 PM

I hardly recognize him anymore. :(

bounce442 12-18-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1184016)
he sounds so full of himself...like jon didnt co wrote all these songs...richies parts were really great, and sure there was a big responsibility on him but he sounds like it was all him...
the nj record has nicely worked guitars, brilliant guitarwork BUT jon was the mastermind and richie looks sad and bitter when he tries to act like it was all him, it was the chemistry between them...
ps.i m sure richie will produce the same magic now with orianthi...:mad:

I'm not sticking up for Richie here, but I'm also not going to defend Jon here either. Jon does the same thing over and over again... "I wrote. My band. My song." Richie sounds like an egomaniac... just like Jon most of the time.

golittleperson 12-18-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 1184019)
I hardly recognize him anymore. :(

Me too..... D Shame.