Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Slippery When Wet Blu-ray Audio (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68849)

SuperBrad 01-02-2015 10:38 AM

so , mite seem like a silly question but can u do the blu ray thing via itunes ect or will this literally be a physical disc ? Im an iphone/itunes kinda guy nowadays ;)

Dave 1986 01-02-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1184359)
so , mite seem like a silly question but can u do the blu ray thing via itunes ect or will this literally be a physical disc ? Im an iphone/itunes kinda guy nowadays ;)

I think that would defeat the object of what Blu Ray resolution has to offer to be honest. ;-)

Becky 01-02-2015 03:56 PM

I've never bought a Blu Ray disk. Does it requite a special type of player? (Sorry for the stupid question; I'm not a techie kind of gal!)

Dave 1986 01-02-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1184368)
I've never bought a Blu Ray disk. Does it requite a special type of player? (Sorry for the stupid question; I'm not a techie kind of gal!)

No, they'll work on a regular Blu Ray player/PS3. I'm not even sure if you can get systems specific to Blu Ray Audio like you could with DVD-A. Obviously make sure your player has the latest firmware just to be safe.

trevrox 01-02-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1184368)

Yes, a Blu-ray player. PlayStation 3 and 4 work as well.

Rdkopper 01-02-2015 09:50 PM

I don't have a blue ray player and have no intention of getting one for another rerelease of Slippery. Considering the demographics of current Bon Jovi fans in combination of how the last rerelease of New Jersey sold, I see this as another failed attempt to push their back catalog.

Being that this is a Blue Ray release one could almost assume that videos will be included.

Becky 01-02-2015 10:06 PM

Thanks for the responses. My brother had a Blu Ray player, but I don't think it works anymore. We've never had a gaming console and have no plans to get one. This might be one official release that I don't buy.

Kathleen 01-03-2015 02:24 AM

We have a stand alone Blu-Ray player but I also have CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drives in my computer so that I can watch or listen on the computer. The drives are not any more now that just a standard DVD computer drive was. They are about $60.00 and worth the bucks since they are backwards compatible.

So I will probably see what is on this release and how much they are charging for it.

Captain Hook 01-03-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1184374)
I don't have a blue ray player and have no intention of getting one for another rerelease of Slippery...

Me too. ;)

Captain_jovi 01-03-2015 04:12 PM

I'm not even sure what they could add to this after releasing it so many times. We have all the demos, we have the audio remastered a few times now. Unless it included video footage from the studio this just doesn't sound that appealing to me.