Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Slippery When Wet Blu-ray Audio (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68849)

Rdkopper 01-03-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1184382)
I'm not even sure what they could add to this after releasing it so many times. We have all the demos, we have the audio remastered a few times now. Unless it included video footage from the studio this just doesn't sound that appealing to me.

We don't have ALL the demos. And the ones we have weren't leaked with the best quality....Similar to the NJ release.

I'd like to hear Jon's demo of Notorious...

efiste2 01-06-2015 01:36 PM

As I'm sure most of you do, I have all the slippery releases, including the dual disc edition. If this coming release is just a clone of the dual disc edition, I will be disappointed, I play my dual disc Slippery through my Bluray player and 5.1 surround system and whilst it sounds good, it's nowhere near what a specifically mastered 5.1 audio release should be. Again despite having all the New Jersey releases I still bought the new super deluxe version as it promised good things and I think it did just that, and offered more than just online content and a tacky backstage pass. So Im hoping this release offers the same, at the very least a quality 5.1 surround master.

Dave 1986 01-06-2015 05:26 PM

My only complaint about the DualDisc was that Jons vocals were a tad too high in the mix. Even when I did my downmix of the 5.1 extended version. I should probably redo that but before I do the actual downmixing perhaps load the centre channel into Audacity and lower it down.

Also, New Jersey: Deluxe Exition could have included a 5.1 surround sound mix, if one actually exists. Imagine "Lay Your Hands on Me" in true surround sound. :)

efiste2 01-06-2015 07:04 PM

I'm no expert but surely they can remaster anything in true surround sound, in terms of directing certain instruments/sounds to certain channels.....And the thought of LYHOM in a decent 5.1 mix is simply amazing, the intro would be out of this works

bjmjpl 01-06-2015 09:36 PM

bounce was released in sacd i think right? only thru qvc....i rem in my home theater it was

AMAZING....all instruments were tracked seperately - it was wild in 7.1....

Kathleen 01-06-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmjpl (Post 1184411)
bounce was released in sacd i think right? only thru qvc....i rem in my home theater it was

AMAZING....all instruments were tracked seperately - it was wild in 7.1....

Yup - I own it :)

themusicuni 01-31-2015 07:44 PM

Release date has been pushed back by one month to March 17th now. No explanation was given by UMG.

Rdkopper 02-01-2015 03:12 AM

A little off topic but this is a Slippery track that never made the album. I'd love to hear the Jon demo.... I bet it's up there with Edge..... And I'm also certain that a Jon vocal does exist in the vault somewhere....

Dave88 02-24-2015 10:07 AM

Release date changed once again: its April 7th now.

trevrox 03-18-2015 12:54 AM

Has there been any new info on this? Is it basically just going to be the DualDisc tracks from 2005 but better quality?

Hopefully there's some cool bonus features included rather than just stuff we already have repackaged.