Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you be OK with Shanks joining the band? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69226)

Alphavictim 08-30-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1193613)
These sound like themselves, and you can hear all the instruments without adding samples and effects to the mix. ;)

If you hear samples, it's because Jon wanted them. Luke Ebbin (you know, the guy who produced Richie's last solo album) specifically said he was hired because he was good at pimping up arrangements that way. It's not the producer who determines the sound his client demands.

Bounce7800 08-30-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1193610)
A shame that Shanks does not use the same tricks of Van Halen with the new music of Bon Jovi, and instead uses sounds of Miley Cyrus, Ashlee Simpson, Take That and Back Street Boys.

Well I think that shows you that it's not that shanks is unable it's that Jon wants it that way.

Walleris 08-30-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1193610)
A shame that Shanks does not use the same tricks of Van Halen with the new music of Bon Jovi, and instead uses sounds of Miley Cyrus, Ashlee Simpson, Take That and Back Street Boys.

So that means he has to be replaced by another producer who would make similar tricks by Jon's request, correct?

Your logic is only matched by your English.

Captain_jovi 08-30-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1193617)
If you hear samples, it's because Jon wanted them. Luke Ebbin (you know, the guy who produced Richie's last solo album) specifically said he was hired because he was good at pimping up arrangements that way. It's not the producer who determines the sound his client demands.

A million high fives for this. The band sounds like the band sounds because THATS HOW JON WANTS IT TO SOUND.

rolo_tomachi 08-31-2015 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1193617)

Yeah, so I've also said that .... I'm a fan of Bon Jovi, and always give a chance to the new music, but there are things I do not like in the last years. One, is the musical direction (Jon Bon Jovi wants so) and Two, the production of albums (Shanks and similars producers as Luke Ebbin).

Also, I don't like Luke Ebbin work. Aftermath could have been a better album in other hands.

To deny that is absurd.... and keep doing the same with some new sounds is boring.

angelsambo 08-31-2015 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1193609)
If Bon Jovi were to change producers my top 2 choices would be Rob Cavallo or Butch Walker....

Kevin Shirley is also great and would be my first choice

ezearis 08-31-2015 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1193609)
If Bon Jovi were to change producers my top 2 choices would be Rob Cavallo or Butch Walker.

I think Mutt Lange and Howard Benson could be, at least, interesting for a rock record. I liked the songs that Dann Huff produced on Lost Highway, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1193627)
Kevin Shirley is also great and would be my first choice

He is great, indeed. Revelation by Journey is a great album.

ezearis 08-31-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1193607)
It doesn't matter who Jon got to produce the next album, Rolo's not going to like it no matter what.

He'll like it but he'll wonder why Beautiful Day wasn't on it.

Adam D 08-31-2015 04:05 AM

If my memory serves, Kevin Shirley produced Mr. Big Time and Howard Benson produced What Have You Got. Shanks must have been busy at that time.

Captain_jovi 08-31-2015 04:31 AM

Close!

Mister Big Time
Engineer – Obie O'Brien
Mixed By – Kevin Shirley
Producer – Aldo Nova, Jon Bon Jovi, Stephen Lironi

I was very surprised Stephen Lironi co-produced it. Great raw sound though.