View Single Post

Old 04-30-2010, 02:19 AM
Administrator
Runaway

Those interested in buying JT please contact me at peter5@peterweb.com. We're talking about four-fugure amounts here (in EUR), but not five-figure.

Direct costs (hosting, domain name, forum softeare license) are not the issue, current ads can cover those (with help from DC the site, JT alone wouln't cover them). The board causes most of server load and problems that come with it (and attracts most bot attacks), and all this also requires my time. And time is something I have very little of (plus I value it more after the health scare I had). And of course, time is money. If I counted my time in the equation, all these sites would obviously be very very unprofitable.

As for traffic, it's hard to separate JT from DC as they currently share the domain name. drycounty.com needs about 400-500GB per month (some stats show even 1500+TB, but those can't possibly be real), but fan-submitted mp3s account for majority of the traffic. My guess would be JT uses about 50-100GB per month (we're talking about 1.5-3M database-intensive pageviews here...).