View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
This is why I think Jon is an asshole. He kicks Alec out for supposedly "compromising" what the band sounded like live. Bobby doesn't compromise it. He brutally butchers it to death.
Over the years I have heard different reasons for Alec being fired:
1. Alec making too many mistakes due to his using/abusing
2. Alec not wanting to work as hard as Jon pushed everyone to do
3. Alec being told by Jon that he was a crap player
4. Alec telling Jon he was a crap songwriter
5. Alec saying too much to reporters, Jon telling him that no one wanted to hear what Alec has to say.
6. Most recent (from Jon): Alec wasn't fired, he just wanted to leave and bless him, he has stayed quiet over the years. He could have talked but he didn't. It is out of respect to him and the original 5 members that he will never be officially replaced.

When I look at early clips, I am struck with the "star" quality of Alec and the fact that he had a beautiful voice. To me it brought up the Mick Jagger / Brian Jones scenario. It is my understanding that Brian Jones gave Mick a run for his money in star material (in fact was originally the leader of the group in its formation) and Mick didn't like it.

Alec's leaving can't just be making mistakes or using; Richie has made too many mistakes for years and years and YEARS and ditto on using/abusing alcohol.