Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovimimi View Post
that podcast is very interesting
They may have been right about the show - dont know as I wasnt there but I think the criticism of the album is way over the top.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

At the moment, I just wish Richie left the band so that he may bless us on a more regular basis with his heavenly inspiration. I listen to World right now, greatest Bon Jovi tune in years, for sure! The guitar is truly amazing on this one, I can see why it took 14 years to be completed! I'm glad to see how good Richie can be when he's unleashed. Evil Jon!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
I want to clarify this by saying I am certainly not a'Jon-Hater' or a 'Richie-Lover' (Christ, this must be what life is like on a One Direction message board!) I was just responding to a post and telling you what a very well-placed and trusted colleague and I discussed.
That's it. You're a f**kin genius. Get one of the One Direction boys in to replace Richie. Harry Styles maybe.

That way you crack a whole new market, the under 14s - therefore you're relevant. Harry wouldn't need to be able to play guitar because Bon Jovi don't have guitar in their songs anymore and there would be no danger of rehab because he isn't old enough to drink.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
They may have been right about the show - dont know as I wasnt there but I think the criticism of the album is way over the top.
they are very focused on the fact the album is for housewives (one guy is not really into bon jovi today (the host) and the guest is a huge fan who happen to be higly disappointed by this last album) .... An album for housewives and you don't have balls if you love it as a male fan ... I am betting a lot of guys listeners felt castrated ... ahhh LOL .... but this is the typical way do sound serious for a man talking : the infamous balls mention ..... you have them or not ?? (extremely sexist way of thinking ... if it is for housewives it is BAD but I must say that I UNDERSTAND what they mean though and I don't feel concerned by the references)
I think the album is easy to the ears totally (musically it is not very complicated - but for people liking the classic rock bands from the 80's it is too easy too formatted for a not too demanding audience who wants romance and crafted quick and cheap and it is mellow ...
I am quite speechless that none of the guys mention Richie and booze or bimbos but just issues with the whole system. It seems to me that this time what I call *the bon jovi machine propaganda* didn't work
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJovi View Post
That's it. You're a f**kin genius. Get one of the One Direction boys in to replace Richie. Harry Styles maybe.

That way you crack a whole new market, the under 14s - therefore you're relevant. Harry wouldn't need to be able to play guitar because Bon Jovi don't have guitar in their songs anymore and there would be no danger of rehab because he isn't old enough to drink.
Superb! Harry Styles for Bon Jovi! Nice shout... although isn't he the one who's a bit off a shagger? Dorothea will NOT like that...
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Superb! Harry Styles for Bon Jovi! Nice shout... although isn't he the one who's a bit off a shagger? Dorothea will NOT like that...
Ah this is a good point. Maybe Dorothea in for Richie and re-name the band.

The new band could be to Bon Jovi what Wings were to the Beatles?

Or get one of Little Mix in?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Jovi Freak

So, update me then. Something about Tom Cruise replacing Bobby, Richie's joined a cult, and Dorothea and One Direction's Harry to join?

Right, thanks. Need to keep up to speed

Andi
That you are all you really need
JBJ - I believe

"Sambora's face is a mask of joyous disbelief, as if previously unaware of his ability to play the instrument at all. Reaching the last fistful of notes, he does a fair impression of a man who is actually ejaculating into his jet black flares."
. . . Ben Mitchell, Q Magazine
Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair View Post
So, update me then. Something about Tom Cruise replacing Bobby, Richie's joined a cult, and Dorothea and One Direction's Harry to join?

Right, thanks. Need to keep up to speed

Andi
Yep. Bobby is off to form an ironic tribute act to an all time great.

The act will be known as Jimi No-Trix. His playing will be better suited to it.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Next 100 Posts

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1m

Folks it's up to Richie to make an official statement and nobody else. He WILL be back on the road
Old 04-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Dry County

Quote:
I want to clarify this by saying I am certainly not a'Jon-Hater' or a 'Richie-Lover' (Christ, this must be what life is like on a One Direction message board!) I was just responding to a post and telling you what a very well-placed and trusted colleague and I discussed.
Apparently one of 1Direction yesterday tweeted after Thatcher's death that he had no idea who she was, but was probably something to do with the Queen.

I worry for this country........ Then again, if kids these days are trying to be pop stars instead of getting an education, it's no wonder they are thick as....

Along the same lines, and still way off topic - I believe on of the trending topics on Twitter testerday was either "nowthatchersdead" or "nowthatchersgone" (can't remember which), resulting in lots of people thinking that either Cher or Cher Lloyd had died!

Milton Keynes Bowl 1996
The Forum 1997 (Jon)
Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998 (Richie)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sat)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sun)
Milton Keynes Bowl 2001
CD:UK 2002
Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002
Wembley Arena 2002 (Capital Request)
Wolverhampton 2003
Milton Keynes Bowl 2006
O2 Arena 2007
Twickenham 2008
O2 Arena 2010 (19th June)
O2 Arena 2010 (25th June - 40 mins of it anyway!)
Villa Park 2013
Hyde Park 2013