Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

So, Tico is the 21st richest drummer in the world!

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-16-2015, 03:50 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

surreal
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/nic...ember-classic/

Last edited by angelsambo; 01-16-2015 at 03:54 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 06:12 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
...It's the same source that says Jon Bon is worth 125 - which is bollocks. They also say that David is worth 85 and Richie 65. I highly doubt that but who knows...Dave might have been better at investing or made more money with his musicals.
Only $125 million? This Celebrity Net Worth page says $300M -- the amount that was bandied about when Jon was trying to buy that football team -- and this one says that Tico is worth only $20M. But I don't doubt that Dave is now richer than Richie, especially since he says he convinced OTHER people to invest $12 million in his musicals!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-16-2015 at 06:59 AM..
Old 01-16-2015, 08:33 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Sorry to be late for this. I would just assume that Tico doesn't get the best of deals with Bon Jovi. In Def Leppard revenues would be more evenly distributed amongst the members of the band.

However, I seem to think these lists are very much driven by US sales and disregard what those bands sold globally (both in terms of albums and tickets). That's why every Jovi member ranks 1 to 1 lower than Metallica or Aerosmith. Which just can't be. I mean Hetfield and Lars Ullrich combined can't have made more money than Jon & Richie. Just can't see that happening.

Doesn't Richie say on Howard Stern that the LH tour had an offer of $145 mil on the table when he broke his should so that's why they had to do it? I assume that's what AEG put on the table. Even after tax, that would still be in the region of 100 million for the band. If Jon kept 40-50% of it, only the last 2 tours would have made him around $125 mil or whatever these guys say he is worth. If Tico made 10%-15% which is feasible, he'd be worth at least 20 mil from the last 2 tours. Now I am sure he made some decent cash prior to that too. Don't buy it.
Dont forget taxes Top rate for taxes in US is nearly 40% and even with expert tax advice IRS would easily take 30-35% of invome for tax
Old 01-16-2015, 03:17 PM
The Distance

These numbers are so over inflated and just don't seem accurate. On the opposite end, Mick Fleetwood is only worth 8.5M? How is that even remotely possible?

If a tour is expected to gross 150M, I heard that most bands net 10% of that because of all the overhead. I'm sure veteran bands like Bon Jovi negotiate closer to 20%.

There is no doubt that Jon is the star so guys like Tico and Dave would never make the money they make without him. Same with Richie too.

My best guess is, if they have to split 20M, Jon gets 10, Richie gets 5, and rest split-up the other 5.

I think Bobby only gets a few hundred thousand. Not bad for just showing up
Old 01-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
These numbers are so over inflated and just don't seem accurate. On the opposite end, Mick Fleetwood is only worth 8.5M? How is that even remotely possible?

Mick filed his first bankruptcy in 1984 and has been quoted saying he didn't know how many times he had filed. He was quite extravagant, poorly spent and his "dealers" were doing just fine. It was the late 90's before he said he started to "think about tomorrow." Plus, he has no song writing credits - that is where a lot of the money comes from.

AngelSambo - Thank you for the link, really enjoy seeing the "normal" side of the guys. So much respect for the Hitman - he had some demons (alcohol), manned up and come a long way. Such an example of loyalty and dedication to his band and the fans the way he came back after two surgeries last tour.

Last edited by golittleperson; 01-16-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-16-2015, 08:41 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie73 View Post
I remember interview in 94/95 either in kerrang or Raw magazine.Jon was worth £80m and Richie was £40m back then !

Not sure where they got numbers from. So its plausible the figures that are being banded about may not be far off the mark !
I think I remember an article from 2000/2001 era where Jon said he had something like £120m just sitting in his back. I have it somewhere. I'll have a look.

It'd be hard to find out how much everyone does have, though. A lot of that is just guessing, in my opinion.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 01-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I know... we can get Deb to take her accounting skills and infiltrate the IRS and get their records.

Awesome Tico video, though I don't care a bit about golf--took a class in college and I've still never been on a golf course.

Last edited by Becky; 01-16-2015 at 09:32 PM..
Old 01-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
It'd be hard to find out how much everyone does have, though. A lot of that is just guessing, in my opinion.
And all that guessing only considers how much they may have earned. Those rankings always forget that people live their life and spend their money. So even if Jon made 125 millions, he bought a couple of houses, a couple of cars, has a wife and four kids...and nobody knows what else he and the others do with their money. Maybe lose a whole bunch at the stock exchange or something.
It's all just watching the crystal ball without anyone knowing.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

And they also make investments. Alec told my friend who met him and spent HOURS with him that Jon invested his money for him and turned $1M into $12M. That was in 1994. He had Jon handle his finances so he wouldn't blow everything. He said he used to call Jon and say, "I love you, Jon...." And Jon would say, "How much?" (as in how much money do you want)
Old 01-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I think I remember an article from 2000/2001 era where Jon said he had something like £120m just sitting in his back. I have it somewhere. I'll have a look.

I know that quote, something tells me it was in FHM. He said he had over £100 million (about $150 million) in the bank, which I presume is after houses, cars, investments etc. 10 years and Bon Jovi as a real money making machine have passed since then, the guy's minted.