Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Taylor Swift's "reinvention"

Other Bands

Old 12-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Jovi Addict

So I guess I wasn't the only one to hear the "Starbucks lovers" line in Blank Space LOL

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/11...ift-lyric.html

Old 03-17-2015, 05:53 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

This album STILL holds up to me, and I listen to it multiple times a week. It is an incredible pop album.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:56 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yep, what a stupid move. And they say it's because she doesn't feel music should be "free".

Ice
It was obviously an incredibly stupid move
Old 03-17-2015, 09:41 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
It was obviously an incredibly stupid move
I didn't say it wouldn't sell. And I still say it was a stupid move. Removing all her albums from Spotify means a lot of people (myself included) will not listen to her songs anymore. It's not supposed to be JUST about the money, I've always liked people who want their music to be heard. Swift seems to want people to pay for her music, not listen to it.

The only reason they did this was to get the "last ever" platinum album. A PR stunt and a way to generate more revenue. I don't appreciate it.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Something for the Posts

Default 2017 UDATE: Taylor Swift's RE-re-invention?

Quote:
Billboard 6/8/2017: Taylor Swift is getting back together with a few of her famous exes, including Spotify and Pandora...The pop star's representative confirmed her full catalog will return to all streaming platforms...

"In celebration of 1989 selling over 10 Million Albums Worldwide and the RIAA's 100 Million Song Certification announcement, Taylor wants to thank her fans by making her entire back catalog available to all streaming services..." her rep(presentative) said in a statement...
Quote:
TMZ 6/9: It might be the pettiest move -- or just brilliant -- but Swift put her entire catalog of songs on Spotify and other streaming services Thursday night. It can't be coincidence Katy's "Witness" album also came out Thursday night. Right?
Quote:
Billboard 6/9: Swift’s camp has been in ongoing talks to put her music back on Spotify since she pulled it three years ago – prompted by Spotify’s refusal to let her keep her tunes off of its free tier. After the Recording Industry Association of America notified Swift's camp her song catalog was approaching 100 million certified units earlier this week, she decided to quickly pull the trigger, sources say.

Going forward, Swift is likely to have at least some of the control she had originally sought on Spotify thanks to the streaming service’s new agreement with Universal Music Group, which allows the label’s artists to “window” their releases on the paid service before the free tier...
After that Kanye West "I made the bitch famous" business, you'd think that Swift would be a little more vigilant about how she comes across ethically. But noooo...

She didn't "decide" to "pull any trigger," her record label did: she was going on Spotify along with everyone else at Universal whether she liked it or not. And just as Swift had counted on no one being able to prove that Kanye had read her any song lyrics, she is now counting on no one noticing that: a) Spotify did NOT come crawling to her with an offer she couldn't refuse, and that b) the deal will very likely help her sell enough additional units to put her over the one hundred million mark. So much for her pioneering artistic integrity and "rewarding" her fans -- and because she's once again deliberately lied by omission, giving Swift the benefit of the doubt as to whether she was also trying to rain on Perry's parade cannot be an option.

Quote:
Gossip Cop: Taylor Swift is not releasing a “surprise R&B album”...the story is completely untrue.

According to this purported...MediaTakeOut...“world exclusive,” Swift’s new record is “being characterized internally as an ‘R&B-type’ album. Think a female version of the Jonas dude.” Presumably, the site is referring to Nick Jonas, who has released two albums in the R&B vein...

To underscore its outrageous claim about the superstar going “black,” ...MediaTakeOut...features a...picture of Swift with her skin seemingly darkened and her hair styled as an afro.
Just shake it off, Taylor -- haters are going to hate!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-15-2021 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 12:01 AM
These Days

Great news! As a fan of Taylor and massive Spotify user, I'm very happy about this, obviously.

She was the last truly massive superstar in the business to take this stand against streaming services, so it's a massive victory for streaming in general. The other notable names against have mostly caved in (Radiohead, The Black Keys, AC/DC) too.

Now all there's left are some semi-relevant legends, like Neil Young and Bob Seger.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Billboard 6/8/2017: "In celebration of 1989 selling over 10 Million Albums Worldwide and the RIAA's 100 Million Song Certification announcement, Taylor wants to thank her fans by making her entire back catalog available to all streaming services..." (Swift's) rep(presentative) said in a statement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
She was the last truly massive superstar in the business to take this stand against streaming services, so it's a massive victory for streaming in general...Now all there's left are some semi-relevant legends, like Neil Young and Bob Seger.
Contrary to the insinuations of her public statement, there was no longer a stand for Taylor to take.

Spotify sat down with her parent record label Universal and cut a deal on behalf of everyone on it -- she was going into streaming no matter what. But rather than gracefully (and quietly) accept defeat, she's trying to make it sound like it was the result of the "generosity" of her "decision" to settle her differences with the streaming services out of "consideration" for her fans.

But wait -- there's more for Spotify users to be happy about.

Spotify has settled a lawsuit which will mean higher payouts for artists, publishers, and outside composers/lyricists alike, and they've set up a fund that will pay them retroactively. In addition, Spotify's deal with Universal means that all three major record labels are now on board. I presume that's the reason why I had no problem finding Bob Seger and Neil Young through my (free tier) Spotify account -- unless there's some geoblocking going on.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-06-2022 at 12:09 AM..

Tags
taylor swift