Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Jovi Addict

If I were the man in charge, I'd be a little concerned that he'd come back for a "big" show and then flit off again back to his fashion and personal shit. Or say "yeah I'm back on the tour, guys!" play a few shows and then realize it wasn't really what he wanted. That actually is feasible, unfortunately.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADime View Post
I posted that and I joined here just to clarify. I've known this for about a week and after Saratoga things got more definite. Apparently they had an emergency conversation after the Saratoga disaster about MetLife. I was literally jumping for joy when I was told this, even though it's not definite. My father says one of his clients is a personal friend of Dave's and this is the information he got. It's certainly not the last word, but its better than the negative BS being put out by RadarOnline.

FYI I'm going to the show on the 27th so I'm reallllllllly hoping RadarOnline is full of it.

Don't bite my head off please , just trying to help. This will be my 5th concert (Newark '07, MSG twice, and MetLife twice (27th being number 5))

No, that is not the case LOL

Very interesting; thanks for the information! I am among the fans daydreaming (maybe to an unhealthy extent lol) about the day Richie will walk back onstage with the band again. I love his solo work, but to me, Richie truly brings something special --something transcendent--to Bon Jovi. His playing can be mimicked by others, but the whole Richie aura (singing, bluesy riffs, stage presence) just can't be replicated imo.

Also, here's a new pic of Richie, Sean Borg and Nikki preparing for a Japanese TV spot in West Hollywood:

Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
I posted that and I joined here just to clarify. I've known this for about a week and after Saratoga things got more definite. Apparently they had an emergency conversation after the Saratoga disaster about MetLife. I was literally jumping for joy when I was told this, even though it's not definite. My father says one of his clients is a personal friend of Dave's and this is the information he got. It's certainly not the last word, but its better than the negative BS being put out by RadarOnline.

FYI I'm going to the show on the 27th so I'm reallllllllly hoping RadarOnline is full of it.

Don't bite my head off please , just trying to help. This will be my 5th concert (Newark '07, MSG twice, and MetLife twice (27th being number 5))

No, that is not the case LOL
If you're so in the know why wouldn't you have joined here to post this inside scoop first instead of leaving it in the comments section of some gossip site? Odd how you immediately joined after your comment was brought over here to clarify. Also odd that Dave would phone his personal friend who would phone your day's client who would phone your dad who would then tell you this news.

Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy3 View Post
If I were the man in charge, I'd be a little concerned that he'd come back for a "big" show and then flit off again back to his fashion and personal shit. Or say "yeah I'm back on the tour, guys!" play a few shows and then realize it wasn't really what he wanted. That actually is feasible, unfortunately.
First, doesn't the band get a break in August, anyway? I thought I heard that somewhere. So, if that's the case, Richie could do his fashion thing then, as planned.

Also, from what I've heard of Richie in interviews, it sounds like he does want to come back to the band, it's just a matter of when the right time for that would be. Last time we heard from him, he said, "Maybe September", but maybe the issue in Saratoga and last night's show have hastened the negotiations.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
If you're so in the know why wouldn't you have joined here to post this inside scoop first instead of leaving it in the comments section of some gossip site? Odd how you immediately joined after your comment was brought over here to clarify. Also odd that Dave would phone his personal friend who would phone your day's client who would phone your dad who would then tell you this news.

Sorry, I'm not buying what you're selling.
I understand completely and I thought the same thing, and I was also pretty pissed at what I read, and I commented without thinking about posting it here. I've been holding this information in for a week and after Saratoga and RadarOnline I couldn't hold back anymore. I realized that I should have posted it here first, so I deleted it. Then I came over here and saw that Mysterytrain already reposted it here and realized that it didn't delete. Now it's displayed under "Guest", which is odd because it said it was deleted. I also didn't want to go into detail on there as well. I posted it 3 hours ago and joined here about a little bit ago.

My father just happened to be talking to his client and mentioned this whole Richie thing and this client told told him what I posted. He didn't ask for this information, just happened to mention Bon Jovi.

Like I said, this is not definite information, I don't blame you for not buying what I'm selling . I'm not completely buying it either, but I'm so sick of the negativity so I'm holding onto every bit of positive news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
If Richie does get back to the MetLife shows then all the more power to him and hope those in attendance get their money's worth. But to be honest, it would be such a backstabbing hypocritical way of getting back to the tour. I mean yeah, I'll just skip shows for as long I want but if there's some big high profile show on the horizon I'll be more than happy to get back on tour?? He may have his reasons, and he may be right in his own way, but at this point, he should really skip the rest of the tour and then sit down with the band and handle all negotiations if that is indeed what the problem has been all along....
Well one thing is for sure. It's NOT about drugs or money. He is a little burnt out as Richie himself has said, but what made things worse was the quote when Jon said "I expected an overdose from your family not my own," among other things. Yes, unfortunately Jon did say that to Richie's face, HOWEVER, from what I am told Jon has since apologized to Richie and now it is water under the bridge.

I don't know where RadarOnline is getting their information from but it looks like they took old crap and rewrote it.

Matt is at it again.

mariannaBJ ‏@23866mar 4h
Don't worry about the people who hurt and hate u, worry about the people who love you, coz that is where your happiness is
@MatthewBongiovi

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1h
@23866mar oh there's no hurt. I enjoy a good laugh

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-25-2013 at 12:09 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
I understand completely and I thought the same thing, and I was also pretty pissed at what I read, and I commented without thinking about posting it here. I've been holding this information in for a week and after Saratoga and RadarOnline I couldn't hold back anymore. I realized that I should have posted it here first, so I deleted it. Then I came over here and saw that Mysterytrain already reposted it here and realized that it didn't delete. Now it's displayed under "Guest", which is odd because Disqus have never done that me ever. I also didn't want to go into detail on there as well.

My father just happened to be talking to his client and mentioned this whole Richie thing and this client told told him what I posted. He didn't ask for this information.

Like I said, this is not definite information, I don't blame you for not buying what I'm selling . I'm not completely buying it either, but I'm so sick of the negativity so I'm holding onto every bit of positive news.

Well one thing is for sure. It's NOT about drugs or money. He is a little burnt out as Richie himself has said, but what made things worse was the quote when Jon said "I expected an overdose from your family not my own," among other things. Yes, unfortunately Jon did say that to Richie's face, HOWEVER, from what I am told Jon has since apologized to Richie and now it is water under the bridge.

I don't know where RadarOnline is getting their information from but it looks like they took old crap and rewrote it.
I actually always thought the 'your-family-and-not-my-own' theory always had a ring of truth to it, as awful as it sounds to think a close friend could say that to another close friend. If your image of yourself and all that you have worked for is suddenly out of your control, and your life takes a turn you didn't expect, why wouldn't you potentially lash out at someone else close to you who usually has the 'problems'? Not saying it's the right thing to do, just saying I can understand how something like that could happen, in the heat of the moment.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterytrain View Post
I actually always thought the 'your-family-and-not-my-own' theory always had a ring of truth to it, as awful as it sounds to think a close friend could say that to another close friend. If your image of yourself and all that you have worked for is suddenly out of your control, and your life takes a turn you didn't expect, why wouldn't you potentially lash out at someone else close to you who usually has the 'problems'? Not saying it's the right thing to do, just saying I can understand how something like that could happen, in the heat of the moment.
Definitely, in the heat of the moment, maybe even after a couple of bottles of wine you could say some mean SOB type shit to the people you love. It's not right, and it's a douchey thing to do, but it does happen....
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Not to be a negative Nelly or anything, but Phil posted a pic from NYC today so he's still in the area and ready to rock.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
If Richie does get back to the MetLife shows then all the more power to him and hope those in attendance get their money's worth. But to be honest, it would be such a backstabbing hypocritical way of getting back to the tour. I mean yeah, I'll just skip shows for as long I want but if there's some big high profile show on the horizon I'll be more than happy to get back on tour?? He may have his reasons, and he may be right in his own way, but at this point, he should really skip the rest of the tour and then sit down with the band and handle all negotiations if that is indeed what the problem has been all along....
Agree entirely 100%. It's exactly how I feel
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Breakout

I don't know how to process this.

According to this guy, Richie is in NJ as of last night....

I really hope he is right. I held out until a week ago to get tickets to the 27th as I was waiting for some sort of official news from the band. The whole Hyde Park fiasco didn't help. I got tickets because of this guys information.