Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora View Post
Yeah and sorry but in my opinion Jon's being more professional than Richie right now... Jon and the rest of the guys are doing their job and maybe they have personal issues too but they don't quit a world tour.. Richie is out of the tour because he can Lol meanwhile he's doing his life not like the last time he was in rehab, so.. He could be doing his job not reasons for me to be everything but not what fans have paid for
How can you say that? We don't know what started this whole mess.
Again, a hypothetical theoretical situation, just to play devil's advocate and make you see my point, rather than claim this is what happened...but:

What if Jon turned around and said "Richie you're being paid half the last tour. And you're not singing any songs. And Bobby's playing more solos."
If that was true (it's not, I'm sure) then who is more unprofessional? Should Richie stick it out "for the fans"?

I'm a 7ft, overweight, fugly and with a mono-brow. Hello ladies....
Old 07-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease View Post
How can you say that? We don't know what started this whole mess.
Again, a hypothetical theoretical situation, just to play devil's advocate and make you see my point, rather than claim this is what happened...but:

What if Jon turned around and said "Richie you're being paid half the last tour. And you're not singing any songs. And Bobby's playing more solos."
If that was true (it's not, I'm sure) then who is more unprofessional? Should Richie stick it out "for the fans"?
Yeah but don't think that's the reason Richie's out.. But like you said.. Nobody knows... What about if Richie got drunk or lost his flight or was anxious the day of Calgary show and he didn't show out and the guys got angry with him and told him you can come back only when you're 100% fine?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Yeah but don't think that's the reason Richie's out.. But like you said.. Nobody knows... What about if Richie got drunk or lost his flight or was anxious the day of Calgary show and he didn't show out and the guys got angry with him and told him you can come back only when you're 100% fine?
If that's what happened, then I'll agree with you - totally unprofessional. Absolutely.

I'm a 7ft, overweight, fugly and with a mono-brow. Hello ladies....
Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Put yourself in his shoes.

You have a big issue - something that in 30 years is the biggest issue in your "family".

You consider it big enough to walk away from.

Do you stay?

It's utterly selfish to think a fan that's paid for a ticket (even if it's hotels and travel too) should be more important than making yourself happy over the best part of a year! He's spent his life neglecting family and friends for the sake of a rock n roll band. Personally, I think he's given more than enough over three decades to keep any fan happy.

I know what it's like as a small-fry guitarist playing 3 shows a week. I've just got home and haven't seen my girlfriend for days. That's DAYS. Not weeks or months.

Cut the guy some slack, stop putting your one night of musical enjoyment first, and think of the bigger picture.
Love this. I respect Jon, Dave, Tico for carrying on but I also respect Richie for his decision to stop (whether or not we thing he is right or wrong). Actually there is probably right and wrong on both sides which creates the possibility of the issue getting sorted out. Geez how many songs talk about believing in something, taking a stand, etc. Richie is taking a huge hit on this so obviously he thought it was important. In the meantime the band is continuing to give great concerts (some even say better concerts than usual).

P.S. If something is missing from a Happy Meal, you are usually given something else to compensate. So with that analogy, you are getting PhilX

Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneDeaf View Post
You know, this is really starting to look like backstage. "Only asskissing allowed." Someone has different opinion than you, it is allowed and often considered as a good thing. Deal with it.
Where did I say he couldn't have his own opinion?

If anything, I share most of his views on this whole Richie situation.

I'm just saying that sometimes it's hard to get what he wants to say.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
I know this was just your example but this actually is more realistic than a lot of stuff I've read. Missed the flight with the band and then didn't come on the flight he was supposed to be on alone. And maybe in Richie's mind he's ok and ready to return to the tour, but in Jon's mind he's not 100% and he won't take that risk. It actually would make more sense than some of the odder things we've read. I remember one of the first things that came out was that Jon didn't seem that surprised when told he would not be there to perform and one of Jon's first interviews saying "we've been through this before." Which could or could not have been taken as a alcohol reference. But again, as usual, it's all speculation, I'm at work, boss is gone and I'm bored.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Others have said the same thing and I just don't get it. Why is it better to bail before the tour?

If he was torn (in a hypothetical world I'm creating) and thought "I'll give it a go and try to work it out" then surely he deserves respect for trying?
If he put the fans before his own happiness to even put the effort in, if it wasn't what he wanted?
Again, it's hypothetical. But I just don't get how one thing is better than the other in terms of when to bail right and wrongs....
All hypothetical: Whether it was money or creative issues as some have suggested, if Richie had doubts about doing the tour, he shouldn't have done it. I think a lot of people (especially on here) would have praised him for that, especially if it was creative. At that point, every member of the audience would be able to choose if they wanted to see a show with or without Richie. However, once tickets went on sale and were purchased with the inherint promise that the whole band were going to be there, there becomes (other than health or familt) no acceptable reason to bail in the middle of the tour. At that point, he should have stuck it out for the rest of the dates and left the band at the conclusion of the tour. It was completely unprofessional to leave in the middle of a commitment. (Again, going on the still hypothetical assumption that he left on his own accord for non-family/health reasons)

Last edited by Crushgen24/88; 07-01-2013 at 08:47 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy3 View Post
I know this was just your example but this actually is more realistic than a lot of stuff I've read. Missed the flight with the band and then didn't come on the flight he was supposed to be on alone. And maybe in Richie's mind he's ok and ready to return to the tour, but in Jon's mind he's not 100% and he won't take that risk. It actually would make more sense than some of the odder things we've read. I remember one of the first things that came out was that Jon didn't seem that surprised when told he would not be there to perform and one of Jon's first interviews saying "we've been through this before." Which could or could not have been taken as a alcohol reference. But again, as usual, it's all speculation, I'm at work, boss is gone and I'm bored.
Yeah my thoughts exactly.. Maybe Richie thinks he's okay to be on tour again but Jon knows he's not well 100% that phone call where Jon didn't surprise at all about Richie doesn't show out tells a lot to me
Old 07-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Others have said the same thing and I just don't get it. Why is it better to bail before the tour?
It's not necessarily better, but it would have made things a lot easier for some fans, that's all. It may be selfish, but considering how much money we all spend to see them, I think we have a right to be a little selfish.

I'm not taking sides, because three months and 700 pages later we still know nothing. I don't think anyone's innocent in this whole mess, but if Jon is such a damn tyrant, why would Dave and Tico put up with that? Richie has already disappointed some of his fans by cancelling the US dates (yeah, yeah, I know, laryngitis)... And now this interview where, to me, he came across like he doesn't really care and he's having a blast in LA. I may be way off, of course.

Being at San Siro, looking at the wonderful thing the fans did for the band, I thought of Richie and couldn't help but wonder why the hell he's not there to enjoy that epic moment with all of us.

I am just tired of all the secrecy and "we love our fans" "I miss my fans". At first I thought this was a health or family issue, and completely understood that they wanted to keep it private, now that it seems like something else entirely, I think it's time to spill the beans. The fans have being arguing for three months now, at this point it would be nice to know what the issue is...
2014: 07/03 Frank Turner @Ljubljana; 09/06 Queens of the Stone Age @Ljubljana; 16/06 The Rolling Stones @Vienna; 20/06 Richie Sambora @Munich; 22/06 Pearl Jam @Trieste; 25/06 Aerosmith @Milan; 18/07 Pivo in cvetje festival @Laško; 02/08 Joss Stone @Ljubljana; 11/09 The Dublin Legends @Ljubljana; 09/11 The Gaslight Anthem @Zagreb
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Jovi Fan

So rumor has it that Richie's going with Ava (and Nikki?) To Paris, then to Rome...

are we going on roman holiday with them?!

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4526/bdln.jpg

yes, I did this artwork myself. I love Richie, but I've enoughh of this stupid situation no one seem to care to resolve...