Santa Fe live 1991?

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-08-2016, 07:54 PM
These Days

Default Santa Fe live 1991?

I was randomly procrastinating, watching and came across this comment:

Quote:
grove4mylife
He played live santa fe during 1991 but it was rare. I remember the guy posted the live video during 2007 or 2008 in youtube but now it was gone 
Is there any truth to it? Anyone has the recording?

Jon presented the 2010 performance as the first time ever in public, but he also did the same for Stick To Your Guns in 2008 (when it was false), so he likes to be wrong about these things.

I realize that chances are very slim here, but it's worth asking

Old 12-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I was randomly procrastinating, watching this video and came across this comment:

Is there any truth to it? Anyone has the recording?

Jon presented the 2010 performance as the first time ever in public, but he also did the same for Stick To Your Guns in 2008 (when it was false), so he likes to be wrong about these things.

I realize that chances are very slim here, but it's worth asking
As far as I know the O2 - and then Barcelona the following summer - were the first times it was played live. I don't think Jon ever sang it in its original form. If I'm wrong I would love to hear it. The acoustic version is ok but it doesn't hold a candle to the original.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Posting everyday

Can't really imagine it. The only dates with the band in '91 were the early Japanese ones and they are almost all recorded and there wasn't even Blaze of Glory in those setlists. The Xmas shows are documented as well and Santa Fe wasn't on there either. He didn't do a solo tour and only joined Aldo Nova on stage a handful of times. They did Blaze their since Aldo had major involvement in that song, but I seriously doubt that his band had rehearsed Santa Fe for it. So I have a hard time even finding a place where it might've taken place.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

How is this 6 whole years ago now for gods sake??
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 12-08-2016, 09:26 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

It seems like I remember reading in a magazine that it got played at the time, but it's been so long. I've long since just subscribed to the fact it was never played until the Circle Tour.

It getting played in its original form back then is a holy grail around here. To actually witness that vocal delivered live by Jon at his peak form would be orgasmic.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
How is this 6 whole years ago now for gods sake??
Yeah - I second this. Where has it gone?

Old 12-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Can't really imagine it. The only dates with the band in '91 were the early Japanese ones and they are almost all recorded and there wasn't even Blaze of Glory in those setlists. The Xmas shows are documented as well and Santa Fe wasn't on there either. He didn't do a solo tour and only joined Aldo Nova on stage a handful of times. They did Blaze their since Aldo had major involvement in that song, but I seriously doubt that his band had rehearsed Santa Fe for it. So I have a hard time even finding a place where it might've taken place.
This is my argument exactly too. I just went through every bootleg I have from 90 and 91 and there is nothing off Blaze of Glory at all on any band setlist. There is Blaze of Glory from the Oscars and a version from French TV with horrible video quality. And there is the Aldo Nova footage from Houston in 1991 with Blaze of Glory. As I said, if someone thinks audio or video exists I would sure love to see it.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:48 AM
These Days

Guys, I wasn't referring to specifically a band (Bon Jovi) version. If the band ever performed it, we would all already know about it. But I was talking about one of those shady poorly-documented Jon's solo promo shows (radio, etc.) that we know very little of. I think the only chance Santa Fe was ever performed would be in one of those, right?

Like this, for example:

Hell, even if it's a poor demo, to hear Jon's live vocal attempt of Santa Fe would be incredible.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Yeah - that was a radio broadcast. There really are very few JBJ only performances from 1990 and 1991. He didn't do a solo tour to promote the Blaze of Glory album so there are only a few of the one off appearances that I mentioned.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I'm going to throw this question in because the topic is Santa Fe: does anyone have a South American vinyl single release of that song? I saw it advertised in Goldmine once when I was in college, but the price was too high for me.