Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Rolo - keep your asinine comments to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - not just what you believe. Yes I miss Richie but its not the end of the world if he isn't at my concerts - I will still have a great time and enjoy seeing Jon, Tico, and David. With ***holes like you on here maybe its time to go elsewhere since your opinion is the only one that counts - in your own very warped mind. Thankfully you don't know me at all and the only stupid person around these boards is you.

Same with you JessyCardy - we are all entitled to our opinion and just because I don't worship the ground Richie walks on doesn't make what he has done right. Do I think Richie was in a coma the last 30 years - no way he knows exactly what he has been doing and just recently comes across as someone with a midlife crisis.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovigirlCT View Post
Rolo - keep your asinine comments to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - not just what you believe. Yes I miss Richie but its not the end of the world if he isn't at my concerts - I will still have a great time and enjoy seeing Jon, Tico, and David. With ***holes like you on here maybe its time to go elsewhere since your opinion is the only one that counts - in your own very warped mind. Thankfully you don't know me at all and the only stupid person around these boards is you.

Same with you JessyCardy - we are all entitled to our opinion and just because I don't worship the ground Richie walks on doesn't make what he has done right. Do I think Richie was in a coma the last 30 years - no way he knows exactly what he has been doing and just recently comes across as someone with a midlife crisis.
I was being sarcastic for ****'s sake, I actually agree with you! Next time I post, it will come with a huge disclaimer or something.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County
Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 PM
It's my post

Quote:
If Richie is so proud of his solo album and it explains who he really is then why was his solo tour last year such a disaster. If he wants to be the front man it shouldn't care how many people bought tickets to his shows and not have cancelled them.
As much as I agree that in an ideal world that's the attitude artists should have, having been in a band myself and playing to literally more bar staff than punters at a handful of shows, I can tell you now it's absolutely soul-destroying, and we weren't even playing our own material. Imagine that same feeling multiplied ten-fold because nobody wants to hear songs you've poured heart and soul into. As much as I have a lot of sympathy for everyone who spent that money on travel, tickets and accommodation (and I know some of those people well), I have a fair amount of sympathy for him in that situation as well.

Quote:
As far as him being upset for not getting to do his solo songs during a Bon Jovi concert - time to grow up. Sorry when I pay outrageous amounts of money to see a Bon Jovi concert I don't want to listen to his solo stuff (even if its one song). Unfortunately for all the concerts I've been to, when Richie sang a solo song that was when people started leaving for the concessions/bathrooms and there was more noise from the audience than was listening to him sing.
And yet people should listen to Jon dictate that they play umpteen cover songs, his own solo stuff or an over-generous amount of filler crap? Sorry, but just because you don't want to hear 'Stranger' or 'Seven Years Gone' doesn't mean nobody does. Plenty of people take toilet breaks during the likes of 'Dry County' or any of the new songs so why would replacing any of those with a Richie track make any difference?

Quote:
Still of the opinion that if this was his reason for leaving he should have never signed on to do the tour in the first place.
Were you privy to the pre-tour agreements as to what would be played/not played on the road? How do you know that Jon, in a moment of desperate persuasion didn't say that Richie could play a solo track at shows? 'Every Road' was on the WAN deluxe version anyway - and was a highlight in many professional reviews as well.

Quote:
I also don't think that Jon is all too blame, Richie has been with him for 30 years so its no new revelation as to his personality and the way he runs the business - that is what made Richie very wealthy.
As much credit as you afford Jon in all of this, you make it sound like their success was built on his leadership alone. Anybody with an ounce of sense who isn't a Jon fan-girl/boy knows that Richie's role in the band's success was far from insignificant as were Dave's and Tico's.

Quote:
His tweets just sound stupid and really make me wonder about his frame of mind at the moment. If he is starting to feel that fans are against him, suck it up and get back on tour!!!
Why can people not understand that there may be more complex stuff at work here than simply saying 'kiss and make up'. All parties are keeping their cards close to their chests and the legalities surrounding the unauthorised disclosure of information are evidently playing a major part in the lack of information coming from either of the camps.

Quote:
I have two concerts coming up and am really looking forward to them - from the videos out there Phil X looks like he is enjoying every moment and I look forward to seeing him. Saw him last tour so its nothing new to me.
I hope you have a blast and fully enjoy the shows you're going to.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 PM
These Days

Quote:
Rolo - keep your asinine comments to yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - not just what you believe.

Same with you JessyCardy - we are all entitled to our opinion.
Conflicted much?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Go to hell. If you do not care Richie, what the hell are you doing here?. Maybe Phi X is not enough for you, true? You can mark you the X on your ***.

Jilted fans.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 07-10-2013 at 09:40 PM..
Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
I was being sarcastic for ****'s sake, I actually agree with you! Next time I post, it will come with a huge disclaimer or something.
I know I am not the only one on this board that knew you were joking. LOL
Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

For what it's worth, I've read at least four Tweets to Richie since his last comment saying something to the effect of, "So, are you saying you're leaving Bon Jovi?"

Also, someone Tweeted him the link to this thread lol
Old 07-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy3 View Post
I know I am not the only one on this board that knew you were joking. LOL
Thank goodness! It was starting to feel like one of those movie scenarios where everybody else on the planet seem to live in a different dimension and you slowly reach the point of madness 'cause nobody gets you. LOL
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County
Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterytrain View Post
For what it's worth, I've read at least four Tweets to Richie since his last comment saying something to the effect of, "So, are you saying you're leaving Bon Jovi?"

Also, someone Tweeted him the link to this thread lol
Won't that be a hoot if he turned up here he won't know what hit him....lol
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Won't that be a hoot if he turned up here he won't know what hit him....lol
If he does then Rolo's pants will literally explode !