Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

new U2 album for free on itunes

Other Bands

Old 09-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Price of posting

I have read in some site that will launch three U2 albums.

-Songs of Innocence is the first.
-Songs of Experience will be the second.
-Songs of Ascent the third.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-13-2014 at 11:12 PM..

Old 09-14-2014, 12:24 AM
These Days

"Not worth listening even if its free". Read that somewhere and, kinda feel the same way. Couldn't finish listening the first song because of how boring it was, skipped to the second, a few seconds later deleted the album.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Unfortunately this has been "pushed" to anyone with an iPhone cloud account. Here is the short story:

If you do use iTunes Match or iCloud to store songs (and save space on your iPhone), I'm sorry to say it, but you cannot delete this album.

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ge...phone-0157337/

That link is the long story.

Amazon has abused their access to the Kindle (by censoring books and deleting books that were already bought and paid for) and in my opinion Apple just abused their access to your phones or your tablet.

I went Android a while ago and unless they pull something just as stupid I won't be going back.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
"Not worth listening even if its free". Read that somewhere and, kinda feel the same way. Couldn't finish listening the first song because of how boring it was, skipped to the second, a few seconds later deleted the album.
Well, that's your opinion that is respectful of course, but I do not agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Unfortunately this has been "pushed" to anyone with an iPhone cloud account. Here is the short story:

If you do use iTunes Match or iCloud to store songs (and save space on your iPhone), I'm sorry to say it, but you cannot delete this album.

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ge...phone-0157337/

That link is the long story.

Amazon has abused their access to the Kindle (by censoring books and deleting books that were already bought and paid for) and in my opinion Apple just abused their access to your phones or your tablet.

I went Android a while ago and unless they pull something just as stupid I won't be going back.
All these complaints are stupid, you can hear it or not. Damn it is a new U2 album for free before its official release. If it was a new album Jovi I'm sure you would be very happy about it.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:55 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
All these complaints are stupid, you can hear it or not. Damn it is a new U2 album for free before its official release. If it was a new album Jovi I'm sure you would be very happy about it.
The point isn't whether someone wants to hear it or not, the point is that someone puts something on your phone whether you want it or not. And there seems to be a large group of people willing to accept it because "it's U2." Because, you know, U2 is a very good, important and super awesome band.

I do feel that the complaints about the unwanted copy on one's phone or computer are a bit silly though. I feel everyone should know by now that when you buy a phone your every move can and will be monitored, so something like this was bound to happen sometime. What I don't understand is the hype both Apple and U2 seem to generate every time they're releasing something new while neither brand has released anything relevant or interesting on the market for a good decade now.

Both brands seem to rely on marketing only nowadays. Considering how the internet has reacted, I've a feeling they crossed the line a bit here, and people seem to be mocking Apple and U2 now exactly because "the internet" has enough resources to come to the conclusion that it just isn't all that when it comes to Apple and U2. Especially Apple gets a beating on sites like 9gag with simple pictures illustrating how ridiculously overpriced and outdated an iPhone really is.

But as for the new U2 album? The only talk about it seems to be about how to get rid of it. So while Bono's sold his ass to the highest bidder simply to get his album heard by as many people as possible it does seem that the people who do start listening to it because of this, do it with a negative feeling, which isn't really such a good thing to begin with. And really, give it a few months and everyone's forgotten about this record anyway because really, U2 are a rather forgettable band nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 09-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

The point isn't whether someone wants to hear it or not, the point is that someone puts something on your phone whether you want it or not. And there seems to be a large group of people willing to accept it because "it's U2." Because, you know, U2 is a very good, important and super awesome band.

I do feel that the complaints about the unwanted copy on one's phone or computer are a bit silly though. I feel everyone should know by now that when you buy a phone your every move can and will be monitored, so something like this was bound to happen sometime. What I don't understand is the hype both Apple and U2 seem to generate every time they're releasing something new while neither brand has released anything relevant or interesting on the market for a good decade now.

Both brands seem to rely on marketing only nowadays. Considering how the internet has reacted, I've a feeling they crossed the line a bit here, and people seem to be mocking Apple and U2 now exactly because "the internet" has enough resources to come to the conclusion that it just isn't all that when it comes to Apple and U2. Especially Apple gets a beating on sites like 9gag with simple pictures illustrating how ridiculously overpriced and outdated an iPhone really is.

But as for the new U2 album? The only talk about it seems to be about how to get rid of it. So while Bono's sold his ass to the highest bidder simply to get his album heard by as many people as possible it does seem that the people who do start listening to it because of this, do it with a negative feeling, which isn't really such a good thing to begin with. And really, give it a few months and everyone's forgotten about this record anyway because really, U2 are a rather forgettable band nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I agree to every word. But I always liked U2, and these songs are not mediocre for me, perhaps they are not anything innovative, but it's like having a good collection of unreleased songs, as 100 millions fans by Bon Jovi for example. It is rumored that there will be soon two albums more available, called Songs Of Experience and Songs Of Ascent. As a fan of this band, I have curiosity to hear more material.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I have read in some site that will launch three U2 albums.

-Songs of Innocence is the first.
-Songs of Experience will be the second.
-Songs of Ascent the third.
I thought Songs of Ascent was a now-abandoned companion piece to No Line On The Horizon?
Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Price of posting

Last Tuesday U2 didn't have a single album in the top 200 on itunes but as of this morning they had 17 in the top 100. 8 of them were in the top 50 and 3 in the top 30. They've reached an entirely new demographic.

making songs

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-15-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 09-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
U2 are the active music act with the biggest fanbase worldwide, last tour grossed 730+ million and they will do better in the upcoming tour. How are they forgettable?

Last edited by SexxAtraxxion; 09-15-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Old 09-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to kleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
U2 are the active music act with the biggest fanbase worldwide, last tour grossed 730+ million and they will do better in the upcoming tour. How are they forgettable?
Nope...they have the biggest marketing. The dont have a real fanbase. Everybody want to see U2 becouse of their stage in media popularity (Bono the Pope )......btw... their new album sucks