Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Poll: Should Bon Jovi continue after THINFS

General BJ Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Bon Jovi continue after THINFS?
Yes 53 73.61%
NO 19 26.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Default Poll: Should Bon Jovi continue after THINFS

I am interested in the Boards, views. Is it time for Jon to call it quits? Or OK his voice is weak vocally, but can produce the odd good song(s) on future albums? This vote doesn't have a time limit. so I am just curious in fans thoughts now and after hearing THINFS Album when released and time to digest it. And of course THINFS Tour of 2017.

UPDATE: After hearing THINFS, at Count Basie, I think this poll should be closed! I love it! But some fans, may think otherwise, so I leave it up to the board to either keep this or delete it.

Last edited by jovifan85; 10-02-2016 at 12:18 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 09:39 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Absolutely. If people are having fun and enjoying the live shows then by all means.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:44 PM
The Distance

If you are going to ask a general question, you should include the reasons why you think they shouldn't.

I haven't heard the new album yet or did I see the 2017 tour.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09 PM
The Distance

I'd say no, unless they reinvent themselves. So many clones of other songs lately that it is getting boring.

Hopefully Jon can push his voice to at least one more proper tour.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:39 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Absolutely. If people are having fun and enjoying the live shows then by all means.
I agree 100%. They should continue as long as they want to. It's not like people who don't like what they're doing are going to be forced to support the band, and those who do still enjoy them can just keep rockin' (or poppin', as the case may be...).

"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Don't know who said it originally, but it's still the truth.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:08 PM
The Distance

I'm still tying to figure out why they shouldn't continue?

The majority of the reviews have been mainly positive for THINFS. Knockout is different but there are 14 or so other tracks that still need to be heard and the 2017 tour hasn't even started yet so what would my opinion be based on? Knockout? Too early for this poll... Check back in a year!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post

The majority of the reviews have been mainly positive for THINFS. Knockout is different but there are 14 or so other tracks that still need to be heard and the 2017 tour hasn't even started yet so what would my opinion be based on? Knockout? Too early for this poll... Check back in a year!!!
I like to keep this poll open. Understand if admin/owner disagrees. Interested in what fans think now or when asked again after THINFS Tour in 2017.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:14 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post

Regarding Knockout, I think one has to see the positive side. Even though some may disagree, imo this song is a step outside their comfort zone and finally something new (ok, besides the lyrics).

Regarding the thread poll question, I won't answer it before I heard the full album. I admit to have had similar hopes for WAN, but I'm still wishing for a fulminant comeback with THINFS, less on a commercial, but more on a musical level. And with musical I mean: likeable for me
So I will listen to all the songs on the album and maybe the promo shows in the fall, and then see.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:07 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

As far as I'm concerned, no matter what Jon or the band release in the future, I'll always want them to continue in the hope that something good will come out of it. I'm obviously putting aside the health and well-being of the band - if they want out, then by all means they should stop. Nothing will diminish the legacy they've established in my mind. If future albums only have 1 or 2 songs that I enjoy, I would be bloody mad, but I'd still want them to keep recording and releasing.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
As far as I'm concerned, no matter what Jon or the band release in the future, I'll always want them to continue in the hope that something good will come out of it. I'm obviously putting aside the health and well-being of the band - if they want out, then by all means they should stop. Nothing will diminish the legacy they've established in my mind. If future albums only have 1 or 2 songs that I enjoy, I would be bloody mad, but I'd still want them to keep recording and releasing.
Similar with me

In some mysterious ways, they can put out pretty much everything with me still liking it... even if I dismissed it as garbage if it was released by someone other than Bon Jovi. Don't understand that either.