Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

JBJ Acoustic Show BAHAMAS May/23/2015

Tour Discussion

Old 05-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

almost 2 years after the last tour i can't understand why is it so difficult for him to find a vocal coach(or a doctor) to fix-repair-recover a little bit his voice
obviously he has done nothing in the last two years

Old 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

JON BON JOVI - YOU HAD ME FROM HELLO - BAHAMAS - 05/23/15

Old 05-29-2015, 05:17 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
come on guys its not that bad..its truly alarming that even easier songs seem harder for him but in lower keys sounds fine to me. his upper register looks gone though and considering how hard some of the bj classics are its gonna be another hard tour that will do them no favor if nothing change...
if he cant sing wanted properly, how is he gonna sing prayer, ktf and the rest of them? and in concequtive nights? jon can handle most of the acousic shows still, he may was a bit cold from the abscence still without richie if they dont deliver sth decent the band will become a joke.
Some songs he nails because he barely has to try in the way they are arranged. Then you hear some others and they I struggle to listen. Just watched 'You Had Me From Hello' and although it was a pretty good performance, his face was making me cringe. Notes that should be hit with ease are killing him.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 05-31-2015, 06:26 PM
Breakout

Q&A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGjB...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kbB...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-31-2015, 09:14 PM
Price of posting

Someone can make a summary?, not quite understand what they say, please.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:05 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

No where near verbatim, but this is the gist of what he said:

The BAND is in the studio working on a new album. Tico and Dave are doing great. They're working in the studio where he did his original recordings. It makes him feel like he's 18 again. It's called Avatar now. They have 25 songs so far. Someone asked about his favorite places to play and he mentioned a few including Chicago and Toronto.

It started in the middle of an answer on the second one. He was talking about a pair of of his favorite jeans that are well worn and have a hole in the right knee so he has to put his left leg in first and he asked if that had some psychological meaning because apparently the woman had asked if he wore black socks beforehand. Someone else asked if he was going to try again for Buffalo and he said, "F- no" several times and that he had never been so hurt in his life.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:58 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
No where near verbatim, but this is the gist of what he said:

The BAND is in the studio working on a new album. Tico and Dave are doing great. They're working in the studio where he did his original recordings. It makes him feel like he's 18 again. It's called Avatar now. They have 25 songs so far. Someone asked about his favorite places to play and he mentioned a few including Chicago and Toronto.

It started in the middle of an answer on the second one. He was talking about a pair of of his favorite jeans that are well worn and have a hole in the right knee so he has to put his left leg in first and he asked if that had some psychological meaning because apparently the woman had asked if he wore black socks beforehand. Someone else asked if he was going to try again for Buffalo and he said, "F- no" several times and that he had never been so hurt in his life.
Thank you Becky.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:27 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I'm actually (very) slightly optimistic about the new album. The way he talked about Avatar was definitely encouraging.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Jovi FANatic

some minor conclusions about the q&a...
1.looks like they are demoing and have a new producer, shanks worked in L.A.
2.When hugh was asked recently and said all these things about the band and the new album he used past tense when he refered to phil x, he saved our asses, i miss him, told him to come and see me in vegas, i may be overeaching here but looks like phil x isnt in the studio with them...(a positive thing for me unless bobby takes on the lead guitar)
3.never was so hurt in his life??? about buffalo???for gods sake jon...if he said that cause i dint listened to it myself i cant believe how an intelligent person like him has such priorities...and saying sth like these after his daughter incident...unbelievable
4.jon probably will change many things in the next album, he has realised he made mistakes himself, a big question is if he can make a hit without high notes, who says and make a memory were close to sth like that..
5.the guitarist is the big ????, richie obviously isnt there, phil x looks like he isnt(imo jon knows phil x isnt the suitable replacement for richie BUT he uses bobby for soloing...so who knows), there was a rumour some time back that jon is recording with the band and they have security outside...do you remember 4-5 months back..it looks like someone had seen them in the avatar and spread the word. either jon an bob play guitar or the new guitarist is there...
Old 06-03-2015, 05:42 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
some minor conclusions about the q&a...
1.looks like they are demoing and have a new producer, shanks worked in L.A.
2.When hugh was asked recently and said all these things about the band and the new album he used past tense when he refered to phil x, he saved our asses, i miss him, told him to come and see me in vegas, i may be overeaching here but looks like phil x isnt in the studio with them...(a positive thing for me unless bobby takes on the lead guitar)
3.never was so hurt in his life??? about buffalo???for gods sake jon...if he said that cause i dint listened to it myself i cant believe how an intelligent person like him has such priorities...and saying sth like these after his daughter incident...unbelievable
4.jon probably will change many things in the next album, he has realised he made mistakes himself, a big question is if he can make a hit without high notes, who says and make a memory were close to sth like that..
5.the guitarist is the big ????, richie obviously isnt there, phil x looks like he isnt(imo jon knows phil x isnt the suitable replacement for richie BUT he uses bobby for soloing...so who knows), there was a rumour some time back that jon is recording with the band and they have security outside...do you remember 4-5 months back..it looks like someone had seen them in the avatar and spread the word. either jon an bob play guitar or the new guitarist is there...
I wouldn't read to much into the past/present tense of Phil X. Saying he saved their ass is absolutely correct as they're talking about a tour that already happened. "He's saving our ass" wouldn't make sense since the tour is over.

You're taking Jon WAY too literally about his glib football comment. I don't think it really meant of everything he's been through that hurt the most.

The guitar player is the big question, I firmly think a big chunk of the guitar playing on the last album was Shanks with Richie doing some riffs and all of the solos. Bobby was never a player on band records barring the solo we know he did and the box set songs so if Shanks is out as producer I'm just as puzzled with who they've gotten. If it's a random person we don't know I'd be pretty disheartened. The stuff about security outside the studio was just clickbait article stuff. Articles fluffed with previously reported gossip that keeps coming back around because there's so little going on.