Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

20 Years Since TD Tour

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Default 20 Years Since TD Tour

I just found this "home made" video of the last sthow of the These Days Tour, at Helsinki Olympic Stadium. I was 11 years old back then. I remember it was on the news, "An American rock legend ending their long tour in Finland." I had been a Bon Jovi fan for a year or so and told my dad that "hey, you should've bought me a ticket!"

IMO this was the tour that they realised that they also do need some time for themselves between legs. And although the tour had lasted for over a year, I think Hugh still looked a little nervous, not just being a studio guy but also having to tour and be there for fans.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Posting everyday

I think that bootleg of the final show in Helsinki is among the top-3 I've listend to most since I started collecting. The whole atmosphere gives me goosebumps over and over again. I'd probably pay those ridiculous ticket prices they have nowadays to be able to witness that concert in 1996. It's a shame that I was just 6 years old back then...

Old 11-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I was there
Old 11-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Jovi FANatic

Default 20 years sicne TD tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_from_finland View Post
I just found this "home made" video of the last sthow of the These Days Tour, at Helsinki Olympic Stadium. I was 11 years old back then. I remember it was on the news, "An American rock legend ending their long tour in Finland." I had been a Bon Jovi fan for a year or so and told my dad that "hey, you should've bought me a ticket!"

IMO this was the tour that they realised that they also do need some time for themselves between legs. And although the tour had lasted for over a year, I think Hugh still looked a little nervous, not just being a studio guy but also having to tour and be there for fans.

Great to watch.

I saw this leg of the tour in Manchester and loved the marching band intro to LYHOM - but watching this back, it feels a bit disjointed waiting for them to leave the stage before RIchie starts the riff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2016, 09:34 PM
These Days

I saw them in Frankfurt on that tour, my second BJ concert. I was 13 and had been a fan for 2 or 3 years. While I already thought TD was a fantastic album, I felt the show dragged a bit because of the many slow songs, especially the 3 acoustic songs didn't work for me that well (I was young and had no idea, lol). They almost played the entire TD album... that says a lot.

Nowadays I would pay a fortune to travel back in time and witness that tour again, though I think the 1995 one was a bit better. But I still consider these years the high point of my favourite band.

Last edited by Simon; 11-23-2016 at 09:38 PM..
Old 11-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Towards the end of the These Days tour it's clear to see the band weren't that happy. Jon and Richie barely looked at each other and Jon seemed kind of subdued.

I think as a previous poster stated, this tour was straight after the Crossroad tour and probably burnt them out. Plus this was at the height of Jon's acting phase.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:08 AM
Jovi FANatic

I loved the TD tour - the Wembley show was better than the later one at Main Road.

But I still maintain the KTF tour was better.

Old 11-25-2016, 01:06 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I loved the TD tour - the Wembley show was better than the later one at Main Road.

But I still maintain the KTF tour was better.

In my previous post I was referring to the 2nd leg of the These Days tour.

The first leg was great. Those Wembley shows are iconic and will go down as the best from the band I think.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Jovi Freak

IMO the KTF tour was the best the band ever did. Jon's voice was at its peak, they still had Alec's backing vocals, and the live sound benefited from the slightly stripped down arrangements of keyboard parts (less washed out). Plus the setlists of course contained the KTF tracks.

By the TD era, Jon's voice was slightly declining and Alec was gone. Still some awesome stuff (I'd Die For You! These Days!), but not QUITE as good. Same for the NJ tour.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Livin' on a Post

man this its my life success was some serious curse. I d definitely love them going down a less 100% hit-oriented path after '00..