Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

No Richie on current leg of the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 07-25-2013, 11:47 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
I don't like this shit either.

Also, about the whole "it's just a band" thing.
The fact that it's just a band is, namely, a fact. Just like rock'n'roll is only rock'n'roll. But people invest different amount of emotional energy into them, and ALL should be respected. Just like ALL (the fans) should keep a clear head about this and be rational enough and have enough good sense to maintain their view on the big picture and act like adults. I've been called a bleeding heart, well, yes I am, proudly so, but I'm also a very, very (sometimes painfully) rational person. That is to say it's not either or, and I'm tired of reading the "it's just a band" argument (it's popped up several times already) whenever someone is delusionally crazy enough to post things such as they think that AVA tweets to upset people about Richie.
Well said. At the end of the day, we are all fans of this legendary band.

Another rehash of everything: http://nj1015.com/will-richie-sambor...-jovi-tonight/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Why would he know? Does Dave tell this personal friend EVERYTHING he heard from Jon, who relays this to you? This is the most fishy thing I've seen on here in a while.

This phrase is the ultimate sign of an ultimate troll.
He does NOT tell him everything. Just about this situation. If I were to mention his name he would be in trouble. And I didn't ask for this, it was volunteered. I mentioned that want to get tickets to the 27th, and he said oh well you may want to know about Richie. That's it. As I've said 5 or 6 times I don't completely believe what he is telling me but its better than the negative BS being put out by RadarOnline.

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-26-2013 at 03:22 AM..
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponADime View Post
He is personal friends with Dave. I can't say anything more specific or he will be in deep s**t. At this point I am to far in to quit, and I certainly wont jump off this ship. I've been a fan for far too long for that.

Eeeeh. Well to be perfectly honest it seems a TAD weird that he'd reveal all that to someone who even might be hinting at it online. They simply wouldn't take the risk, or at least I don't reckon they would.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:53 PM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
Also, about the whole "it's just a band" thing.
The fact that it's just a band is, namely, a fact. Just like rock'n'roll is only rock'n'roll. But people invest different amount of emotional energy into them, and ALL should be respected. Just like ALL (the fans) should keep a clear head about this and be rational enough and have enough good sense to maintain their view on the big picture and act like adults. I've been called a bleeding heart, well, yes I am, proudly so, but I'm also a very, very (sometimes painfully) rational person. That is to say it's not either or, and I'm tired of reading the "it's just a band" argument (it's popped up several times already) whenever someone is delusionally crazy enough to post things such as they think that AVA tweets to upset people about Richie.
I believe you took it a bit the wrong way. This band means as much to me as much as the next guy. Their music has impacted my life more than any other band has thus far. But when people invest so much time peeking in every single nonexistent source for some information that just isn't there, and twisting it into some complete conspiracy, it makes me think that they should take a step back and realize there are worse things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana View Post
Eeeeh. Well to be perfectly honest it seems a TAD weird that he'd reveal all that to someone who even might be hinting at it online. They simply wouldn't take the risk, or at least I don't reckon they would.
Yup.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Breakout

Quote:
You are 100% correct. He didn't reveal everything. He simply requested DO NOT mention me by name. He knows how pissed people are and any positive news helps.

Quote:
I believe you took it a bit the wrong way. This band means as much to me as much as the next guy. Their music has impacted my life more than any other band has thus far. But when people invest so much time peeking in every single nonexistent source for some information that just isn't there, and twisting it into some complete conspiracy, it makes me think that they should take a step back and realize there are worse things in life.
There are definitely worse things in life and Bon Jovi's music has gotten me through all of them.

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-25-2013 at 11:56 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Keep the Faith

That being said.... OnceUponADime, your Jon scalp quote made me laugh like a doofus and spray tea everywhere.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
its better than the negative BS being put out by RadarOnline.
No it's not. It's just as bad. BS is BS, whether positive or negative, and you are talking BS.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Breakout

Quote:
That being said.... OnceUponADime, your Jon scalp quote made me laugh like a doofus and spray tea everywhere.

LOL me too when I first read it. It's from the Staten Island Advance. It's 4 or 5 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggy View Post
No it's not. It's just as bad. BS is BS, whether positive or negative, and you are talking BS.
Maybe, we will find out tonight. I hope it's not BS as I got tickets off of this guys information. Look, if it turns out he was wrong, then he was wrong. I apologize a million times over if that is the case.

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-26-2013 at 12:00 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
He is personal friends with Dave. I can't say anything more specific or he will be in deep s**t. At this point I am to far in to quit, and I certainly wont jump off this ship. I've been a fan for far too long for that.
When I said quit while you are ahead, I meant this bullshit that you are writing. Not about being a fan of the band.

So Jon talks to Richie, hangs up and then Jon calls David and tells him, David hangs up calls your friend, who in turn called you? Wow, this friend must be REALLY personal friends with David if David tells him this information.

At the end of the day, no one knows until Richie shows up on stage. You can come back and say Hell, it didn't work out, he didn't show up.

Jon today in New York:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Richie in Hollywood:
http://www.nikkirichclothing.com/nik...for-women-201/

Richie doesn't look like a man who is even thinking about joining the band at the moment.

Last edited by The Rock; 07-26-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock View Post
When I said quit while you are ahead, I meant this bullshit that you are writing. Not about being a fan of the band.

So Jon talks to Richie, hangs up and then Jon calls David and tells him, David hangs up calls your friend, who in turn called you? Wow, this friend must be REALLY personal friends with David if David tells him this information.

At the end of the day, no one knows until Richie shows up on stage. You can come back and say Hell, it didn't work out, he didn't show up.

Jon today in New York:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Richie in Hollywood:
http://www.nikkirichclothing.com/nik...for-women-201/

Richie doesn't look like a man who is even thinking about joining the band at the moment.
No you have it all mixed up. I never asked him for anything. I happened to mention that I want to go to the show on the 27th and he said he will see what he can figure out about Richie. That is it. He's known Dave for a long time. He might other people for all I know and that's where he is getting his information from.

That picture from Hollywood is from Wednesday. He could have gotten on a plane to NJ after that for all we know.

And you are correct, we won't know for sure until tonight.

Last edited by OnceUponADime; 07-26-2013 at 03:20 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via ICQ to jessycardy Send a message via MSN to jessycardy

Quote:
I see what you're saying now. Although, I'm pretty sure other people used the same phrase more like the way I took it.
Anyway, yeah, I agree with you... But I think that says more about how people approach things. You can be equally or even more emotionally involved in something than someone else and yet not freak out as much as them. Some people thrive on drama or malice or, worse, speculation. I think that affects all aspects of life.
night after night after night after night"

Bon Jovi - Dry County