Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...

Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

VERY interesting. In 2012, he was named the most powerful person in the music business. So this could be a good move for Jon/the band. It's someone who's powerful and current.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:48 PM
These Days

I looked through his list of clients, and I wouldn't call him current. Most of them are older acts, like Bon Jovi and the youngest are probably Aguilera and 30 Seconds To Mars and these are not names that are having no. 1 hits in 2015. So I don't think there's going to be much change or attempts become 'current' from Jon more than what we have seen in the last few years.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:58 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I looked through his list of clients, and I wouldn't call him current. Most of them are older acts, like Bon Jovi and the youngest are probably Aguilera and 30 Seconds To Mars and these are not names that are having no. 1 hits in 2015. So I don't think there's going to be much change or attempts become 'current' from Jon more than what we have seen in the last few years.
Both of those are pretty prominent in North America so I have to disagree, at least more than the band is.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Both of those are pretty prominent in North America so I have to disagree, at least more than the band is.
Didn't Aguilera's last album bomb? She might be a household name thanks to her involvement with American Idol, but I'm not sure if she still sells all that well. Not sure how loyal a fans the kids who had bought Stripped 15 years ago are. She's much more likely to be relevant to the teenage demography than BJ, though, that is true.

Azoff has the reputation of being incredibly tough to deal with, but also being able to work with people of questionable sanity. He managed to make way for the Journey reunion in 1996, and I believe he also manages Guns & Roses. If he sees any value in Richie returning to BJ, the guy might be able to pull off a reunion.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Jon has managed the band since '92, right? This is a big deal.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Posting Always

Just follow the money!
I guess now we can say that BJ officially is a nostalgia act with a $$$ bright future.

Template for BJ 2015 and on?
Quote:
On the management side, Azoff's heritage rock clients blew up the box office in 2014. With more than 1 million tickets sold, The Eagles grossed $107.3 million for 59 shows. With dates slated for Australia and New Zealand, the band is "in a tour of perpetuity -- every time we go back to a market it's bigger than the time before," says Azoff, attributing the growth to the History of the Eagles documentary, which "invented a new way of marketing a career. [It] has done way more for them at this point in their career than any album could have. It had the run on Showtime, then on DVD -- which Universal did a great job of marketing -- and now we've moved it over to Netflix, and it exploded again."
https://www.billboard.com/biz/646526...oard-power-100

Food for thought:
http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ime-for-change

Speaking of relationships... It's a small world! His pal & biz partner James Dolan has a band that (sucks) opened for the Eagles in 2014 and look at the violinist (she's also in studio videos)
Old 04-30-2015, 05:06 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Didn't Aguilera's last album bomb? She might be a household name thanks to her involvement with American Idol, but I'm not sure if she still sells all that well. Not sure how loyal a fans the kids who had bought Stripped 15 years ago are. She's much more likely to be relevant to the teenage demography than BJ, though, that is true.

Azoff has the reputation of being incredibly tough to deal with, but also being able to work with people of questionable sanity. He managed to make way for the Journey reunion in 1996, and I believe he also manages Guns & Roses. If he sees any value in Richie returning to BJ, the guy might be able to pull off a reunion.
My point was more 30 second to Mars but as far as recent appearances in the public goes and drawing attention for what they're doing both of those bands are doing far better than the band. I'm not talking record sales though. Was Christina involved with American Idol? It might just be The Voice and that was a massive massive show for her.

I think this is going to force the band to either act like a band or start grinding again and getting in the public and making people care.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Was Christina involved with American Idol? It might just be The Voice and that was a massive massive show for her.

I think this is going to force the band to either act like a band or start grinding again and getting in the public and making people care.
You are correct. She is just involved with The Voice, not American Idol.

As for last statement, getting people to care will be an achievement. I'm one of them.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Jovi Freak

Oops, yeah, might have been The Voice. I don't follow the involvement of musicians I'm not a fan of with American tv (which I don't receive over here) formats I don't care about in detail.

@BleedingPurist: There's a word missing in your sig.