Home Register Members FAQ

Who has met Jon?

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
I met him in Paris 4 years ago , he wasn't very nice !
Explain?

--

Old 10-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Jovi FANatic

I haven't met him (well, kind of: leaving a hotel and signing my notepad (along with Tico and David)), but I also don't really see the fixation on it. I think if I'd meet him (I would totally love to meet Tico, but I don't know why really), I'd like to talk to him about his more social projects or I would get nerdy about certain songs and records .
I don't think it would be a big deal for me. It might be a bit strange, because I've been listening to the music half my life, though.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
Explain?

--
We were waiting for him at the hotel and suddenly he and Dorothea appeared there.
We asked him for a photo and he said : No! He didn't want to speak to us.
Finally he agreed because one of his security members told him : please Jon , they only want a photo.
And we had our photo.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
We were waiting for him at the hotel and suddenly he and Dorothea appeared there.
We asked him for a photo and he said : No! He didn't want to speak to us.
Finally he agreed because one of his security members told him : please Jon , they only want a photo.
And we had our photo.
Well, I don't know what to make of that. He was in a private situation with his wife (I am presuming), it can't be nice having people literally waiting for you. Besides, he actually relented when pressed to do so, which means he probably hated the situation he was in but was good enough to do the photos anyway.

Him saying no, or not wanting to does not make him "not very nice".

So, he clearly wanted nothing to do with you, only took the photo because his security pressed him into it, and you still wanted that photo? What's his face like in the pic?
Old 10-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
Well, I don't know what to make of that. He was in a private situation with his wife (I am presuming), it can't be nice having people literally waiting for you. Besides, he actually relented when pressed to do so, which means he probably hated the situation he was in but was good enough to do the photos anyway.

Him saying no, or not wanting to does not make him "not very nice".

So, he clearly wanted nothing to do with you, only took the photo because his security pressed him into it, and you still wanted that photo? What's his face like in the pic?
Agree with this really.
I'm not the sort of person who would hang around a hotel waiting for someone to come out, nor would I really condone that kind of behaviour. At times like that, you're sort of prying into someone's personal life.

Likewise, I wouldn't go up to someone famous if I saw them in public with family etc.
This morning was a fairly good example. I was sitting on the train heading to work when at one of the stations a fairly well known BBC TV presenter (Matt Baker) got on. I've seen him get on there a few times as he lives locally, but it has never crossed my mind to wander over and speak to him. Fair enough, if he sat in the seat beside me I would probably strike up conversation, but that's all.

I guess my meeting with Jon was completely different though, as it was via a BBC tv show that I got the opportunity to be involved in the movie and spend some time with Jon.

Milton Keynes Bowl 1996
The Forum 1997 (Jon)
Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998 (Richie)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sat)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sun)
Milton Keynes Bowl 2001
CD:UK 2002
Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002
Wembley Arena 2002 (Capital Request)
Wolverhampton 2003
Milton Keynes Bowl 2006
O2 Arena 2007
Twickenham 2008
O2 Arena 2010 (19th June)
O2 Arena 2010 (25th June - 40 mins of it anyway!)
Villa Park 2013
Hyde Park 2013
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

Met him several times between 2000 and 2012. Most of the times he was very nice, sometimes when he was not in the mood for fans he showed it but this was okay.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Jovi Fan

Met him back in 84,complete asshole. Got me and friends thrown out of the hotel bar. The rest of the band were very well mannered,we had been talking to them for a good 30 mins . Then Jon almighty showed up and took exception to us drinking with them. From that moment on he has been off my christmas card list.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
Meh...How hard is it really to take out 5 minutes of your day when you're on tour and pose for a bunch of pictures? There's plenty of stories out there of Jon acting like a twat anytime fans have waited for a few hours just to get a glimpse of their idol.

I'd love to meet the man. I reckon I'm the only one on here with the balls to actually insult him if he'd act like the pretentious bastard he can be. It wouldn't really get me anywhere, but I'd probably be very satisfied with myself.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Jovi FANatic

Met him 2013 on a uk TV show. Just another bloke really, polite, humbled about the success of band, he knows who put the band where they are

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Old 10-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Meh...How hard is it really to take out 5 minutes of your day when you're on tour and pose for a bunch of pictures? There's plenty of stories out there of Jon acting like a twat anytime fans have waited for a few hours just to get a glimpse of their idol.

I'd love to meet the man. I reckon I'm the only one on here with the balls to actually insult him if he'd act like the pretentious bastard he can be. It wouldn't really get me anywhere, but I'd probably be very satisfied with myself.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
If I was with my wife and she wasn't particulalry interested then it would be really hard. No matter who I was, what I had done, or who I thought put me there, my privacy would be my own. Any time someone tried to get in the way of that, I wouldn't be as polite as just saying no or looking disinterested.

Standing outside a hotel for hours to wait for some guy.
Walking outside your hotel and not wanting a photo.

Only one of them is normal behaviour to me, but I accept I have no desire to meet someone famous so am different to people who need that fulfilment. Now, other stories of being a twat, sure, if he is that's fine and people seem to have had different expereinces.

And, you wouldn't be the only one who would have the balls. That would be everyone else here on this forum who have yet to meet him who all think they would say something, but would all be pussies and say very little. But then again, I have a box.