Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Who has met Jon?

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Next 100 Posts

I met him in London outside their hotel, he rocked up in a Mercedes People Carrier with all his family, I thought it was a bit rude to ask for a photo, so stood back. he ushered his family into the hotel and then came back to see us, he signed some stuff and had a picture taken. I thought it was nice that he came back and was completely unexpected, seemed like a nice guy.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:41 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
If I was with my wife and she wasn't particulalry interested then it would be really hard. No matter who I was, what I had done, or who I thought put me there, my privacy would be my own. Any time someone tried to get in the way of that, I wouldn't be as polite as just saying no or looking disinterested.

Standing outside a hotel for hours to wait for some guy.
Walking outside your hotel and not wanting a photo.

Only one of them is normal behaviour to me, but I accept I have no desire to meet someone famous so am different to people who need that fulfilment. Now, other stories of being a twat, sure, if he is that's fine and people seem to have had different expereinces.

And, you wouldn't be the only one who would have the balls. That would be everyone else here on this forum who have yet to meet him who all think they would say something, but would all be pussies and say very little. But then again, I have a box.
Meh, I don't know. If you're out touring Europe, you're bound to expect fans outside your hotel, and so is she. It kind of comes with the territory. Don't get me wrong, I never understood the fascination of trying to get your picture taken with one of your idols and I'd certainly never wait for anyone to come outside of his hotel room. However, it's still only 5 minutes of your day, and those 5 minutes will probably leave an impression on people for the rest of their lives.

To me, it kind of brings back the "don't forget where you came from and who put you where you are now" theory. Down the line they're in Europe travelling because those fans outside that hotelroom paid for their ticket. All he's got to do is say "Alright, 5 minutes guys, get your cameras ready". That's snap, snap, snap, a few autographs and you're done". I'm sure sometimes you don't feel like it, but that's when you man the **** up.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Posting Always

Like footballers celebs should ALWAYS find time for their fans. It's the fans that pay their wages and it's only a couple of minutes out of their day.

I've never met Jon and wouldn't want to. Because the guy has been my music idol I fear that I'd be crushed if he was rude or obnoxious - the same happened to my wife meeting Bryan Adams
Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Meh, I don't know. If you're out touring Europe, you're bound to expect fans outside your hotel, and so is she. It kind of comes with the territory. Don't get me wrong, I never understood the fascination of trying to get your picture taken with one of your idols and I'd certainly never wait for anyone to come outside of his hotel room. However, it's still only 5 minutes of your day, and those 5 minutes will probably leave an impression on people for the rest of their lives.

To me, it kind of brings back the "don't forget where you came from and who put you where you are now" theory. Down the line they're in Europe travelling because those fans outside that hotelroom paid for their ticket. All he's got to do is say "Alright, 5 minutes guys, get your cameras ready". That's snap, snap, snap, a few autographs and you're done". I'm sure sometimes you don't feel like it, but that's when you man the **** up.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Super I agree with you,but sometimes stars can have bad days just like the rest of us.They say you should never meet your heroes but for those who want to stake out a hotel for the chance of an autograph take the chance that it could go wrong.
I once went to see a band called ESP in Germany,made up of Corabi,Garrick,Kulick and Singer.Most people wouldnt know or heard of them but they are all veterans of rock. As luck would have it they were staying in our hotel and one night we walked into the bar and they were all sat at a table. My wife and I sat at the bar watching the news on TV,ordered food and chatted. Bruce Kulick(KISS) noticed my tshirt and asked my wife and I if he ordered food would we mind if he sat with us. He then proceeded to eat his dinner and chatted with us for over an hour about the news and various other topics. He was a total gentleman and before he left took us over to the rest of the band and introduced as friends by our names to them. He went above and beyond that night and who knows on a different night he may have totally ignored us. It was a memory that will stay with me forever.
The point im making is that like us these rock stars are only human.Good days bad days,if you have a positive experience then its a bonus.Being a superstar doesnt guarantee you will always be having a good day!!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie73 View Post
Met him 2013 on a uk TV show. Just another bloke really, polite, humbled about the success of band, he knows who put the band where they are
The One Show?

Milton Keynes Bowl 1996
The Forum 1997 (Jon)
Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998 (Richie)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sat)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sun)
Milton Keynes Bowl 2001
CD:UK 2002
Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002
Wembley Arena 2002 (Capital Request)
Wolverhampton 2003
Milton Keynes Bowl 2006
O2 Arena 2007
Twickenham 2008
O2 Arena 2010 (19th June)
O2 Arena 2010 (25th June - 40 mins of it anyway!)
Villa Park 2013
Hyde Park 2013
Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Jovi FANatic

[QUOTE=nickolai;1182680]Like footballers celebs should ALWAYS find time for their fans. It's the fans that pay their wages and it's only a couple of minutes out of their day.
/QUOTE]

But what if you meet 50 people during the day who only want 5 minutes?

A family friend of mine used to be a famous football player in a certain country and especially in a certain city. The thing is, when he was out he was never able to be himself because he still had to play a certain role because of what people here are saying as well : 'I want my idol to be the way I think he should be.' That being said my friend is a very kind-hearted man who is also quite humbled and really appreciates the support of his fans and he was still trying, but at the same time he was under an enormous pressure to also fulfill people's expectations.

I agree that you cannot totally separate the private and the public life of a famous person, but that is the main reason why I don't mind if this person is not totally kind and nice to every fan at every time, as long as they show some manners.

Last edited by faith1985; 10-17-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

Buf it is part of their jobs and the fans are the ones who give them the load of money they get.

I have to be nice to my customers, too.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris View Post
Buf it is part of their jobs and the fans are the ones who give them the load of money they get.

I have to be nice to my customers, too.
But you don't have to face customers whenever you leave the house.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:28 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Yeah unless your job is 24 hours it's not the same thing.

If it's done tactfully and calmly I don't see anything wrong with saying no to a photo request, especially if you get it every time you go outside.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:30 PM
The Distance

I've met Jon and Dave a bunch of times. Never Richie or Tico.

I try to stay away from original questions/statements like, "your music influenced my life" Because they never heard that before.